Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking at purchasing 7 machines and a playfield from a local op. They are:

x3 Gottlieb Stargate
x2 Taxi (Both Marylin Monroe)
Mousin' Around
Cactus Jack
Populated Pinbot playfield in near-mint condition

All machines are complete but have not been shopped out and have some issues. I have seen them in person but have not seen them plugged in or turned on, but the cabinets and playfields (from what I can see) are nice. The price tag is $5000 for all the machines and my plan is to flip them and keep one Taxi, possibly Mousin' Around. This deal won't happen for a couple months as I need to make room, but does this sound like a decent deal?

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't wait a couple days on a deal like that. I would be driving for them instead of talking about them before someone else beats you to the punch.

#3 10 years ago

You could make that back on two stargates alone if they're in decent condition and you find the right person. They're really prone to wear at the pyramid entrance though.

#4 10 years ago

That is a great deal.

Then again, you probably aren't going to get completely truthful answers since you are just looking to flip them.

Hope you spend a ton fixing them up and never sell a single one.

Probably not worth the effort.

Yes, super awesome

Go get em tiger!

#5 10 years ago

Sounds like a pretty great deal. I recently sold my 'stock' Stargate for $2000 here in Australia... The only thing I would add is that I think it's definitely worth plugging them in and having a quick 5min go before buying.. If they dont switch on then you may get some more $$$ off the price..

#6 10 years ago

I think it's obvious that these are north more than $700 a piece on average. Not too hard to figure that out. What exactly are you looking for in this thread?

#7 10 years ago

Very good deal. Stargates are good games and sell well. Taxi same thing. Mousing Around is a fun game, you dont see too often and Cactus Jacks is one of the more fun Gottlieb solid states and a Pinbot playfield . Congrats I`m jealous.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think it's obvious that these are north more than $700 a piece on average. Not too hard to figure that out. What exactly are you looking for in this thread?

kind of agree, of course it's worth it at 700$ a piece, anyone could see that. If others find out you won't have a couple of months to decide. If it was me I would buy them, then immediately resell the others at a very low price to my collector friends so I would make back the 5k and keep one. Would be like getting a pin for free and you are hooking up friends who may in turn hook you up down the road.

#9 10 years ago

Save one of those those Stargates for me

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the insight everyone. I guess I better make this deal quick!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Looking at purchasing 7 machines and a playfield from a local op. They are:
x3 Gottlieb Stargate
x2 Taxi (Both Marylin Monroe)
Mousin' Around
Cactus Jack
Populated Pinbot playfield in near-mint condition
All machines are complete but have not been shopped out and have some issues. I have seen them in person but have not seen them plugged in or turned on, but the cabinets and playfields (from what I can see) are nice. The price tag is $5000 for all the machines and my plan is to flip them and keep one Taxi, possibly Mousin' Around. This deal won't happen for a couple months as I need to make room, but does this sound like a decent deal?

Your plan is to flip them? Now we all know what you payed. So what will be the price on them 700 a piece or 800 a piece.

#12 10 years ago

Why don't you just pick up the ones you plan on keeping, and then give others the heads up so they can contact the party themselves? That way you'll be doing your part to keep prices down.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Why don't you just pick up the ones you plan on keeping, and then give others the heads up so they can contact the party themselves? That way you'll be doing your part to keep prices down.

The guy selling the machines may want to sell them all together and be done with it. Even if Drewster sells them and makes $1K profit...there should be several happy owners of some saved games at good prices. Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing given the opportunity.....my 2 cents

#14 10 years ago

Good deal, just be careful and inspect closely. Ops are not known for offering good deals generally.

Good luck!

#15 10 years ago

Good luck!

Personally I think that's a pretty low down ring of hell having to own 3 Stargates, but if you can make money that might make it sting a little less.

#16 10 years ago

Almost sounds too good to be true! Good luck!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Personally I think that's a pretty low down ring of hell

Says the man who lives in michigan.. ha. I kid.. I kid.

#18 10 years ago

If ya wanna throw a cheap stargate down to Sacramento I might be interested

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Says the man who lives in michigan.. ha. I kid.. I kid.

Ann Arbor doesn't really have a lot to do with Michigan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bulk-buy-in-the-works-good and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.