5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E66990A5-A6DB-425B-8EB1-E96C56B1951E (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

So my left jet bumper lite will lite up when any other lite on it's row lites up on my Jurassic park.

I've tested the diodes on lamps in this row, but they all seem to test good, but I need to test again to just be sure.

Am I diagnosing this correct as likely a diode on a socket in that row?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

So my left jet bumper lite will lite up when any other lite on it's row lites up on my Jurassic park.
    I've tested the diodes on lamps in this row, but they all seem to test good, but I need to test again to just be sure.
    Am I diagnosing this correct as likely a diode on a socket in that row?

Most likely diode is shorted or installed backwards on the left jet.

#3 5 years ago

I tested those diode for the jets on the little board near them, and they all tested ok.

#4 5 years ago

Was the working and suddenly failed, or did this happen after some type of repair work?

Double check:
    The striped side (cathode) of the diode has a red wire w/blue stripe (row) goes to it.
    The side of the diode with no stripe (anode) gets the yellow/grey stripe wire.
    Is that correct?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Was the working and suddenly failed, or did this happen after some type of repair work?
    Double check:
    The striped side (cathode) of the diode has a red wire w/blue stripe (row) goes to it.
    The side of the diode with no stripe (anode) gets the yellow/grey stripe wire.
    Is that correct?

I"ll double check when I get home.

I believe this was occurring when I bought pin. I have had a couple simple repairs to transistors recently, but nothing that would affect lamp matrix.

#6 5 years ago

Wayout

You’re correct with wire colors. And the diodes check
    Out.

What’s so odd is I can’t seem to get an incandescent bulb to light in that pop bumper socket to save my life. Only a led.

#7 5 years ago

Fixed.

Found a short on one of the bulbs in that row were touching parts.

Bent them back straight and fixed!

E66990A5-A6DB-425B-8EB1-E96C56B1951E (resized).jpegE66990A5-A6DB-425B-8EB1-E96C56B1951E (resized).jpeg
    #8 5 years ago

Congrats! Those oddball playfield shorts can be difficult to find.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bulb-lighting-with-other-lights-on-it-s-row-jp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.