5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vidgameseller
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130827_224518.jpg
    20130827_224449.jpg
    20130827_132624.jpg
    20130810_192729.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I finally got to build a place to put my machines in from my personal collection. I have a warehouse for the games that i sell, and have always had a collection in multiple rooms and the garage at home, but now i have built a place in my back yard to put my collection in. The wife said that i cant keep machines in the garage anymore that she will finally get to park in it. I have moved about 15 machines in so far and have another dozen or so that i plan to bring home. I do not plan to pack the building, id rather show off the art on them, but we will see how long that last.

Here are a few quick pics

20130810_192729.jpg

#2 5 years ago

having trouble uplading multiple pics,

20130827_132624.jpg

#3 5 years ago

better inside shots

20130827_224449.jpg 20130827_224518.jpg

#4 5 years ago

Nice, but is it climate controlled?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Nice, but is it climate controlled?

yep, i run a heat pump out there. Which is similar to what is used in hotels, its heat and AC. Right now im getting to test it out pretty good, we are having a somewhat heatwave for my area, its been about the hottest it has been all year and its hold the room at the setting real good. Keeping it at about 76 right now. Wife doesnt want me to get it much lower in there so that the power bill doesnt sky rocket

#6 5 years ago

That looks awesome! I think you will fill that room up before you know it. When's the party

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Keeping it at about 76 right now.

That's too high this time of year.

Ideal temperature is about 62° ~ 65° year round.

If you don't want to lower the temperature, I would suggest installing a dehumidifier until Autumn/Winter season arrives.

Good luck!

#8 5 years ago

That is SOOOOO nice, I really jealous. I'd like to have a toy box like that but a little bigger so I could put my Mustang in there too.

#9 5 years ago

Very nice! Can't wait till mine is done. Moved to the Gameroom Talk Sub Forum.

#10 5 years ago

Simply amazing! Congrats!
    --ED LI NY

#11 5 years ago

Troy, I'm so jealous!

#12 5 years ago

Do i see 2 x NIB's in the corner of the room??

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Leigh:

Do i see 2 x NIB's in the corner of the room??

yes, I had three this morning, but opened one up, my ac/dc premium. Still in the box is Hulk LE and METLE. The spot that they are sitting at is where metallica will go, just trying to decide if i want to keep the LE or get the dirty donny premium. I had a BIBLE, but was offered to much to keep it, so it was sold and bought the premium. So trying to decide if i want to do the same on metallica.

As you can see, Metallica is going to be right next to ac/dc and GnR, ive been wanting that lineup for awhile

Thanks for the compliments guys, It was a big decision (and costly) but its almost done. Just have to save up a little more to finish up. I only have trim left to do, but figure that can wait a little while.

As for the comment about fitting a mustang in. The size is big enough, its basically the size of a 4 car garage. I just chose not to have garage doors on it. Although i did put headers in when framing so that i can add garage doors if i want at a later time. But since its only purpose for now is the games, i didnt want garage doors since they let air leak often. Also, i built this on footings incase i ever need to make it livable space if my parents ever decide they cant live on their own

#14 5 years ago

Nice looking addition.

#15 5 years ago

That shed is bigger than some houses in California.

Robert

#16 5 years ago

Still in the box is Hulk LE and METLE.

Can't believe that you are posting instead of un-boxing!
    Very cool setup. Looks like you have plenty of room for more games.

#17 5 years ago

nice gameroom !

you can be proud of yourself!!! Nice line up

#18 5 years ago

As for the comment about fitting a mustang in. The size is big enough, its basically the size of a 4 car garage. I just chose not to have garage doors on it. Although i did put headers in when framing so that i can add garage doors if i want at a later time. But since its only purpose for now is the games, i didnt want garage doors since they let air leak often. Also, i built this on footings incase i ever need to make it livable space if my parents ever decide they cant live on their own

So I'm guessing 22x36. I'd like a 32X52, then the Mustang would fit, with a turntable so you drive in straight hit a button and drive out straight.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

So I'm guessing 22x36. I'd like a 32X52, then the Mustang would fit, with a turntable so you drive in straight hit a button and drive out straight.

24 x 40, basically a 4 car garage. I actually put headers in the walls and then framed them in, that way i can always make it into a garage if id like. The wife didnt really give me any restrictions either. But i did not want to take to much of the yard away from the kids. I could have went wider than 40 fairly easy, but going deeper required a different style truss that was going to add significant cost. I had 3 budgets in a sense. What the wife would allow me to borrow, what i thought that it was going to cost overall, and then what the wife actually expected it to cost. My wife expected me to go over budget by 10k, I came in under that. I decided then that i wanted to carpet it, which i didnt budget for, but with carpet it was still under the overage she expected. She asked me why i carpeted it since i was over my budget, I told her that i was still under the overage she expected, so that i was fine. She actually lauged at the response. Im very fortuante that she agreed to the whole thing since it was not a needed item. Im a lucky man!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside