Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 825 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20240409102255 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-25-20-11-01-31_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408081020 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240409102332 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408085147 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408085056 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408084329 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408084821 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408084043 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408082444 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408081024 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240408081030 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240406130804 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240406125907 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240224124400 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240219121230 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#577 1 year ago

You should test that cylinder to see how much psi you got.

#582 1 year ago

I love lamp.

1 month later
    #643 10 months ago

Yak, you have to see it from their POV how disruptive your awesome work has been. You are in home stretch now. Hopefully this will all be a long gone memory, maybe fond or maybe black it out

#665 10 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I take the view that he is improving the neighborhood (and conversely, their property values). But people can be pretty self-centered. I use to do traffic engineering consulting and would see people get up at the planning commission meeting and complain about the traffic from a new subdivision being built right next door to them in a corn field - conveniently forgetting their property was a cornfield just a year before their subdivision was built and they added traffic to the folks that were there before them. NIMBYs (not in my backyard).

Oh those days I had to explain why a traffic signal is programmed the way it was and why it has to favor the movement with 100 times more traffic. Also, like you said people are just fine with their own subdivision, but don't think about letting anyone else move in. People really hate change.

Yak, like Mravic said, we aren't throwing shade, so no need to defend. However, neighbors can get fed up when projects take a long time or majorly change the look of things. No reason to go crazy on someone though like your neighbor did.

#669 10 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I agree, that guy does look like a pain in the ass

Maybe the wife will make him move.

1 month later
    #696 9 months ago

Sounds like job security!

4 weeks later
    #714 8 months ago

Looks great. Also, a color my wife would have picked. She's obsessed with blue/teals.

2 months later
    #731 5 months ago

He's fine. Just busy other than the house and Pinside.

#733 5 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I hope that is the case. He had started a new job so maybe that is taking precedent.

Bingo.

#742 5 months ago

The stone looks great.

1 week later
    #751 5 months ago

Looks great Yak.

3 months later
    #785 57 days ago

Looks great!

#793 54 days ago

I love the pile of bricks to the left.

1 month later
    #815 12 days ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

There actually hasn't been any drama other than when our paths cross while walking, it completely ruins his day.

My neighbor put up a sign on top of his bench swing that's near our property line with a sign that says "Cats Not Allowed". It's clearly pointed at my patio. Then he put up a sign that says "Bird Sanctuary" where only I could see it when I get my trash cans out to the curb and back.

Turns out the dude is passive aggressive and upset our indoor/outdoor cats are natural predators and can prey on birds. From day one we moved int he told me has strived to make his backyard a park like setting. Don't get me wrong, it's looks great, but he doesn't think he gets as many birds as he used to.

Most recently he put up a two foot or so chicken wire barrier along my fence, I assume to keep the cats from crossing over to his side. However, he failed to realize cats can jump really well and his other three corners of his backyard are completely open (only I have the fence, he doesn't have one). Earlier this week he ripped the chicken wire fence out. I assume he realized how dumb it was.

He's still never mentioned anythign to me, but my wife talked with his wife. He's oldder and not great health so I think he's getting way too hyper focused.

#820 11 days ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

You are kinda lucky they guy simply doesn't set out a live trap for cats (hidden on his property), catch them and deliver them like 50 miles away to a humane society.
    I live in the country and guarantee you no domestic cat has more than a days chance of catching a bird on our property
    The bobcats we have around here they get a free pass, and are supper cool to see.

I told my wife, the guy is an idiot. One, I would just keep the hose ready and spray them. AND, not what I would do because I'm not cruel and don't care, but wouldn't be surpised if he got a pellet gun out or poison.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

We have bobcats and outdoor cats all over, and we get tons of birds.

We have plenty in our yard when I remember to fill the feeders. It's a totally stupid issue.

#824 10 days ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Great point if a mod or OP of this thread could you please delete my post above?
    Thanks
    John

I don't think he was talking to you.

Yak, it's all coming along great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-out-a-game-room?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.