(Topic ID: 39993)

Sorry for the Wanted ads, Building my collection and wanted to introduce myself.

By inhomearcades

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey Everyone,

First let me start off by apologizing for all the wanted posts. The reason I set up one for each pin is because I wanted to reach as many owners as possible. As I frequent forums I rarely look into all posts and so I wanted to create a listing for each pin to try and catch as much attention as possible. Hopefully something will pan out on some of them, mostly monster bash.

Anyway I was looking for some advice and just wanted to introduce myself. I am located near the Chicago land area and have been in the hobby for over 10 years. Started mostly with arcade games that I sold to homes and moved onto mostly pins. I do currently sell arcade games but really don't like to anymore, its a pain.

I have built up a collection of pins that I restore for customers and have become pretty burnt out. I have decided to start focusing on my own collection and building great examples of the pins in that collection. Below is a list of games I currently have that will end up being completely redone and kept for myself. In instances where I have more than one I will redo them and keep one for myself and sell the others to hopefully pay for some of my machine. I will be starting with Attack from Mars this week. I will be doing two of them with new cabs, playfields, plastics, ramps, etc. They should come out pretty much mint. I would love to have a great collection of mint pins and want to get some advice as to what my collection should consist of. I am a big believer in having pins that I enjoy playing but still would like a collection that is above and beyond. I have gotten pinball fever lately and so has everyone else because prices are crazy.

Please let me know your guys thoughts and again sorry for all wanted the posts.

Current collection:
2 Addams Family - Going to make one a Gold and One a Chrome will prob sell the gold
1 Addams Family Gold
2 Twilight Zone Protos - Will keep one and sell the other once done
2 Attack from Mars - Keep one and sell the other once done
2 Medieval Madness - Keep one and sell the other once done
2 Simpsons Pinball Party, 1 HUO, the other is on ebay
1 Family Guy HUO
1 Guns Roses, prototype - Currently on ebay for sale, I may refurb this machine
1 Corvette - Currently for sale
5 Indiana Jones - all to be redone and one to be kept
1 Star Wars Episode 1 - I will most likely sell this one off
1 Fish Tales - to be sold off
1 Funhouse Protoype (1 of 10 with STEPS) This one is rough and needs a ton of work

Want List: (seems like this list never stops growing)

Star Wars Data East
Monster Bash - wanted pretty badly, I have never had one in and I would love to find one.
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Cactus Canyon - don't really care for it but seems to be needed for a great collection
Ciqus Voltaire
Revenge from mars - these have gotten expensive recently so prob won't get one anytime soon
White Water
Scared Stiff
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot - This was my first pin and want to have it back again

#2 11 years ago

moving to marketplace

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I have gotten pinball fever lately

Yup looks that way. Shouldn't have too much trouble selling those titles. Good luck with the search, sounds like you'll have a nice set up at the end of it. If you have a working Cheyenne by exidy in your arcade stash let me know, looking for one. Dont care much about cosmetics as long as it plays solid.

#4 11 years ago

Hi inhomegames, your enthusiasm for the silver ball game is most welcome here!

However, "spamming" the forum with wanted ads is not. And making an apology topic does not make that right. I have deleted all wanted topics and kindly request you to refrain from doing this in the future. You are also abusing the "topic game links" feature by linking a whole bunch of games to your topic. The links feature is there to help people find relevant posts for their games, not to help them find your ads.

Please combine all your wanted ads into one topic, give it a good title. And don't forget the Pinside Market Place, where you can posted unlimited wanted ads if you like.

I hope you will soon find your games, and without turning the Pinside forum into an ad fest!

#5 11 years ago

After thinking about the issue that everyone had with me "spamming" I guess I am a little confused\aggravated. I can see people getting upset about posting a ton of for sale stuff, but I am looking for the pins to buy from members and wanted to reach as many members as possible by posting each of the pins I was looking for so that members do not have to follow a thread that is irrelevant to them if they are only offering one pin on a very long list.

The apology was done out of respect to the members here who got upset about the "spamming", I really don't get it as I am looking to buy and not sell. But whatever, its in the past.

Also The links I attached to this post were done to make a complete posting and figured it would make sense to link the games that are actually mentioned in the post. Do you really think I felt like sitting there and linking all of those games? No, I did it to make the posting complete. If I should not link games to posts in the future with games that are actually mentioned in the post just let me know and I will not.

I find this forum to be really helpful which is why I am donating to it now, but I have found that people here need to relax. I am not on here trying to rip anyone off or sell anything, I am looking to buy stuff from them and offer/seek advice on the hobby in general.

#6 11 years ago

Robin is the founder of this site... not just some random Joe's opinion. I would take the advice you are given regarding what is and isn't spamming to heart. Try using all the individual forums regarding buying/selling advice, marketplace, and general discussion. It just seems like your introduction tried to accomplish too much all at once.

#7 11 years ago

I'm not saying I believe you or not. But how you're posing your current collection, with multiple dupes and talking about how they will be for sale, and saying your GNR is for sale, you look like a dealer spamming for sale ads and trying to hide it. Again, not saying who you are, I'm just telling you what it looks like.

I am not on here trying to rip anyone off or sell anything,

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 11 years ago

I take it back, you're probably a spammer I know lots of collectors who pick up good deals to sell them. But nothing like that... You've got a ton of dupes.

will prob sell the gold

and sell the other once done

Keep one and sell the other once done

Keep one and sell the other once done

1 HUO, the other is on ebay

Currently on ebay for sale,

Currently for sale

I will most likely sell this one off

So, you've got a bunch of games for sale, and you joined a pinball forum, but you're not interested in selling any games to people on Pinside. Pinside, which is full of pinball enthusiasts?

I am looking to buy and not sell.

#9 11 years ago

2 Addams Family - Going to make one a Gold

Who are you? Rumpelstiltskin?

#10 11 years ago

Haha, I can see how one can come to that conclusion. In fact I was contacted about a few. I posted my entire collection so that people could see what I had and build my collection off of that. I suppose it would have made sense to just post the machine and not the number of them I have. I was also looking for someone to talk me out of selling the GNR and to refurb it as it has started to grow on me.

#11 11 years ago

Haha, I wish. My plan on the two TAF is to make one a chrome and one a gold. The games will have new art on them, then all the plating will either be gold or chrome or possibly a gun metal instead of the chrome. I figured I would do them side by side and see what one I perfer and get rid of the other. I generally always try and do two at a time with differences to see how things turn out.

#12 11 years ago

GNR is a badass game. TONS of modes, TONS of multiballs, two great ramps, magnets. Great music. Also, not many games are "edgy" GNR is about as edgy as they come.

GNR and to refurb it as it has started to grow on me.

#13 11 years ago

I remember when I picked it up two years ago. I was like, "yea sure I'll take it I guess", funny how playing it can totally change my opinion.

#14 11 years ago

Well, here's 4 IJ 93's coming up -- market saturation! I'll give you $3,500 for one

#15 11 years ago

I wish they were coming up. I have been looking for even one Indiana playfield that I can have HSA do for me so I can start a swap. Sadly the IJs will prob be one of the last projects I tackle. And honestly, the condition of these IJ's is pretty damn bad, you wouldnt want to spend 3500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-my-collection-and-wanted-to-say-an-initial-hello-to-the-forum-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.