Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ.jpg
    1342788580332.jpg
    IMGrot_1683.jpg
    IMGrot_1682.jpg
    IMGrot_1681.jpg
    IMGrot_1680.jpg
    IMGrot_1679.jpg
    1photo.JPG
    3.jpg
    pho4to.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    PDR_0621.JPG
    PDR_0620.JPG
    photo.JPG
    AFMNPF_002.jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I'm getting ready to fabricate a turntable .I have the necessary skills and tools .I also have a good idea on design,but only a fool believes he knows it all.With that said anyone wish to share Ideas,thoughts or mistakes.

To give you an idea,I'll do cabinet grade plywood on casters,lazy susan bearings on both ends and an actual lock-down bar and pivots to attach the play-field

#2 11 years ago

Make sure you have pitch control on it otherwise you won't be able to beat match very easily. A start/stop button is a must as well the ability to switch between 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. Good Luck!!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Make sure you have pitch control on it otherwise you won't be able to beat match very easily. A start/stop button is a must as well the ability to switch between 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. Good Luck!!

Very Funny! But I sold all my records last week and invested in eight tracks

#4 11 years ago

I'm getting ready to fabricate a turntable .I have the necessary skills and tools .I also have a good idea on design,but only a fool believes he knows it all.With that said anyone wish to share Ideas,thoughts or mistakes.
    To give you an idea,I'll do cabinet grade plywood on casters,lazy susan bearings on both ends and an actual lock-down bar and pivots to attach the play-field

Not sure what you are trying to build here, is it one of these?

AFMNPF_002.jpgAFMNPF_002.jpg

#5 11 years ago

If you're in Canfield, go over to Mac's shop, take a look at his, and take some notes He has the best rotisserie I've ever seen! I've got one in my shop, need to finish it up

1 week later
    #7 11 years ago

Holy Jeebus, that is a whole lot of rotisserie! Looks great!

I built mine as a table top model, but free standing, completely out of 3/4" pipe. Only need to cut the angle bracket in half, the rest was easily assemblen by hand in about 25 minutes.

PDR_0620.JPGPDR_0620.JPG PDR_0621.JPGPDR_0621.JPG

#8 11 years ago

I was going to make fun of you for calling a rotisserie a turntable, but after seeing that incredibly impressive woodwork, you can call it whatever you want. Looks awesome! I used PVC for mine, pics NOT attached, due to embarrassment.

-Wes

#9 11 years ago

Very nice but I wanted a place to put a cupholder

#10 11 years ago

More pics, especially of the rotisserie turning.
    Nice Work!

#11 11 years ago

Holy Crap that is a seriously nice turn table.

#12 11 years ago

Wow. Very impressive. Nice work!!!

#13 11 years ago

I agree, a cup holder is a must on that thing!

Either way, you have a very impressive project there.

#14 11 years ago

Your "turntable" looks wiggidy-wiggidy-wiggidy-wack!!!!! J/K..... Honestly, nicest looking pinball playfield rotisserie I've ever seen.

#15 11 years ago

I know I tend to rename things. One of my pin buds yells at me all the time for calling cabinet art "stickers". I will post finished photos when done. Got a couple more ideas for it yet.

#16 11 years ago

With those woodworking skills, you should look into building cabinets.

Nice job on the PF turner.

#17 11 years ago

Looks awesome.
    Wanna make me some kitchen cabinets?

#18 11 years ago

No but I am considering making these for others. Need to finish this one first though.

#20 11 years ago

sorry problems uploading files

pho4to.JPGpho4to.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Skypilot - that is nice!

#23 11 years ago

Dude, that is amazing. Seriously nice work. Are you taking orders yet?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from vulture:

Dude, that is amazing. Seriously nice work. Are you taking orders yet? []

LOL +1 to that! Awesome bro!

#25 11 years ago

That there is one fine turntable. I like how you created a storage area underneath and how the wiring harness can attach to the side. Nice job all the way.

#26 11 years ago

Very nice work...

#27 11 years ago

Looks like you put a lot of thought into this. It looks really nice. I would stain it or paint it jet black. Like the alien decal from RFM nice touch.

#28 11 years ago

My rotisserie has a rotisserie!! Its always cool to see the different variations of designs of homebrewed setups. I like Jims use of alternator housings for his.

#29 11 years ago

Oh so sweet, wish I had room for a decent woodshop ( all my space seems to fill with Pins)

#30 11 years ago

Now that is NICE! Also, until you changed the title of this thread I thought for the last week that it was a thread about record players as well.

#31 11 years ago

Thats what nice about building a setup like Vid posted earlier. The pipe rotisserie breaks down completely while others break down slightly or not at all. Space is everything so the pipe version works great for me.

#32 11 years ago

PRETTY F***ING COOL

#33 11 years ago

Awesome Skypilot

How do you attach your playfield to the Rotisserie?
    could you show pics of this please?

#35 11 years ago

again sorry resizing photos.removed the lock down bar,didn't like it

IMGrot_1679.jpgIMGrot_1679.jpg

#36 11 years ago

Side rails can be moved out to accomidate wide bodies

IMGrot_1680.jpgIMGrot_1680.jpg

#37 11 years ago

The clips are electrical PVC straps.I cut off one side and they are just flexible enough that I'm able to get the wire harness in with ease.no screwing

IMGrot_1681.jpgIMGrot_1681.jpg

#39 11 years ago

I wanted to attach it in a way that I would'nt be putting screws directly into the playfield.

IMGrot_1683.jpgIMGrot_1683.jpg

#40 11 years ago

Skypilot that is easily the nicest rotisserie I've ever seen. If you ever sell these I'm in. The one I built works great but was built to store away easily. Space is an issue. I also wanted to build it as cheap as possible knowing I would soon be moving to a house with a workshop and I'd want to build another one. This is what I call the "temporary turntable".lol I just made that up.lol

#41 11 years ago

Damn phone

1342788580332.jpg1342788580332.jpg

#42 11 years ago

I'm giving it consideration.many questions though. Shipping? assembled vs unassembled? Price?

#43 11 years ago

I'd buy one. Looks great. Could even just sell the plans, and I'd build it myself.

#44 11 years ago

Unassembled, IMHO. Cheaper to ship (I don't know how on earth you'd ship that assembled...lol..my god, it would cost a fortune..), and frankly, if you can flatpack it into a rectangular box then all of us are smart enough to follow assembly directions.

#45 11 years ago

Very Clever
    A+
    Nice work

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Unassembled, IMHO. Cheaper to ship (I don't know how on earth you'd ship that assembled...lol..my god, it would cost a fortune..), and frankly, if you can flatpack it into a rectangular box then all of us are smart enough to follow assembly directions.

+1 Ikea style but with real wood and screws.

1 month later
    #47 11 years ago

Awesome design, Skypilot. Two thumbs up!! I was just designing my a work cart with turntable to help me do several playfield swaps and your design just made me start all over. If you ever sell a kit or plans, I am very interested. Back to the drawing board for me... One problem I have is that I do all of my work in climate controlled storage where all of my games are. I work in the hallway and have to cram everything back into my unit when finished. Having a sturdy moble cart that can be moved in and out without causing any issues with the playfield that is in the rig is one of my must have design requirements. Yours looks like it would handle my needs without issue...

#48 11 years ago

Skypilot, your setup is sweet, you should sell plans at $10 each, sure you sell a heap. Also congrats to all the other guys, great work and now I have plenty of ideas to do mine.

#49 11 years ago

I would buy plans and a parts list for $10.

Alternatively, if you send me the plans, I can also generate the cad files people would need to get these spit out at a place with a large CNC. Most places that make cabinets or furniture have one set up to cut sheets of ply.

#50 11 years ago

Or alternatively, I could get them spewed out at one of my CNC setups from my home town.

The biggest problem is going to be the grade of ply it looks like you used, that looks like pretty decent stuff ($$$).

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-turntable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.