(Topic ID: 122544)

Building a Shaker Motor - Project Complete!

By RacerRik

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by waldo34
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shaker Motor Circuit Board_2471.jpg
    Star Trek Shaker_2481.jpg
    IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    520-5065-00.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Those look similar to the motors in those kids PowerWheels vehicles. Don't ask me how I know but they work fine at 18v, at least until the plastic gearboxes melt.

#20 9 years ago

Yea, The powerwheels are 12v DC. I looked them up and they are rated for 13v 1.5A

They are pretty durable motors, I've never had one fail due to use, only being submerged in water. I've ran them for extended periods at 18v DC, the gearbox always failed before the motor. For as long as a shaker motor stays on they might work but I don't know how the rest of the shaker motor works so the shaft etc might not be what you need, but there's lots of info out there about them, PowerWheels modding seems to be a thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-shaker-motor-i-have-a-couple-questions?tu=nextopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.