(Topic ID: 75164)

Building a Gottlieb wedgehead cabinet from scratch?

By NicoVolta

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by laanguiano
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• 2001 Gottlieb, 1971

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

After.jpg
Before.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DallasPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

I will agree with Rat_Tomago (Dan) and recommend Ken Head for cabinet repaints and Adrian for cabinet woodworking repair.

Adrian did a great job replacing the front and top of the head from my Slick Chick. It was a wreck before with lots of water damage, plywood delamination and a cracked top but soon it will look brand new once Ken Head gets my Slick Chick cabinet repainted. Adrian is fair on his prices and knows woodworking and has the right tools to make it come out looking good. Adrian posted photos of the before/after to the DFW Pinball & Arcade FB group.

There is still a slight chance my Slick Chick will make it to the Texas Pinball Festival... The cabinet will look great even if the playfield is still a work in progress...

I also attached some before/after photos of the head from before it was sent off for Adrian to repair and after he had replaced the front and top.

Before.jpgBefore.jpg

After.jpgAfter.jpg

-- Shawn

#26 10 years ago

Good catch on the spotting that the opening not being cut out as a square from the photos I posted earlier... I had not seen it in person yet and after looking at the photos you are right about it not being cut out as a square but angled on the sides. It is being fixed... Compared to how rough the head was before getting the top and front replaced, it is a huge improvement and is now structurally sound again. I had written it off as scrap and was just going to find a donor head but they thought they could fix it for a very reasonable price so I said to go for it. Very soon it will look like new again and I will be very happy...

-- Shawn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DallasPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-gottlieb-wedgehead-cabinet-from-scratch?tu=DallasPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.