So my wife is a big fan of the TV show Friends. There's a particular episode where the Phoebe character builds a creepy looking "painting" with a dummy built into the canvas and calls it "Gladys". My wife really enjoyed that episode and has mentioned a few times over the last year how cool it would be if we could have a Gladys of our very own for the gameroom. So I decided to build one for her as a gift.
This is a screenshot of Gladys from the sitcom.
So these past 2 months I've been buying the parts needed to build it.
- picture frame (26x38) from Michael's
- piece of plywood from home depot.
- mannequin head was purchased from a creepy guy on kijiji (Canadian Craigslist)
- black wig, broach and right hand from eBay.
- reflecting stickers from Michael's
- blue, grey and purplish fabrics purchased from fabricland
In terms of the torso, I bought some large stuffed animals from kijiji and brought them to a seamstress/tailor. (They are currently sizing the torso and dressing it in the fabric I purchased.)