Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0295 (resized).JPG
IMG_0538 (resized).JPG
IMG_2680 (resized).JPG
lights_on_with_no_flash_(resized).jpg
spooky_002_(resized).jpg
image-3.jpg
image-1_1.jpg
image-1.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpg
IMG_2859.jpg
IMG_2845.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg
image.jpeg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is next to me right now in my office

a Polycom phone?

#102 3 years ago

My neighbor has a Bally Vampire and while it looks really cool, yeah... it's slow even for an EM and not the most fun to play. I would love to see it jacked up a bit, never thought to ask.

Seeing Spirit in here reminded me that I still need to find a donor for a custom Ghost pin:

meliora_(resized).jpg

#103 3 years ago

Just stick to your guns and get the Devils dare. Haunted House, Black Hole and Devils Dare. Great system 80's lineup.

2 months later
#104 3 years ago

Officially added Stern's Ghostbusters to this thread list of games.

Also, searching for a TFTC as we speak to head further into this theme goal of mine. I am seriously trying to keep my fingers off the GB trigger right now. NIB pins is just a little too far out of my budget at this time in my life. Sounds and looks awesome thus far and definitely fits this theme well.

#105 3 years ago

You think NIB pins are far, I've been checking out refinery editions and searching the couch for loose change.

I'd say next week I'm gonna pick up a BSD. Just watched the movie in preparation. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

#106 3 years ago

I would love all the pins in this collection. I have been into the paranormal for awhile. Been on and off ghost hunting for years now. Almost had my hands on a haunted medusa pin. It's a long story but it came from a lady that passed. Game would be a terror for men to play but woman would have excellent games on it. Odd thing is the guys wife was playing it. Ran out of credits, put a coin in got another credit to play. Only there were no coin mechs iN it.

#107 3 years ago

I did this theme and don't regret it....pistol poker and acdc are the only outliers

I didn't see mention of mystery castle or pinball magic....both are great games and fit the theme....also a little rare but worth the hunt. Phantom of the Opera also in your price range.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You think NIB pins are far, I've been checking out refinery editions and searching the couch for loose change. I'd say next week I'm gonna pick up a BSD. Just watched the movie in preparation. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Congrats on the pickup. One of the best titles within this expansive theme.

Quoted from robertmee:

I did this theme and don't regret it

Yes! Exactly what I like to hear. You have a fantastic lineup for this genre my friend. Hoping to acquire some of those for myself one day. I'm also hoping TFTC (which is my next target pin) is good for everyone who comes around, both casual players and pinheads. I like the campy theme of the game and hope anyone can step up and love it when I have parties and such.

And I added those games (mystery castle & pinball magic) to the list above.

#109 3 years ago

that game looks familiar. I'd think your pic would have been higher rez.

spooky_002_(resized).jpg

lights_on_with_no_flash_(resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago

Tough to find in the USa but might want to try to track down a RECEL Mr.Doom or Mr. Evil.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mr+evil&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1637

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that game looks familiar. I'd think your pic would have been higher rez.

spooky_004_(resized).jpgspooky_002_(resized).jpglights_on_with_no_flash_(resized).jpg

That is very nice.

1 year later
#112 1 year ago

One year later and this is still my mission it seems. Wasn't exactly sure if horror/monsters was going to be my next pin, as I was considering sprinkling in something completely different for balance, but I had a nice Class of 1812 as a recent opportunity and I couldn't resist. Plus, my lady likes it. We played the one at PAPA and said we'd always love to find one.

I'm usually good for one solid pin purchase a year. Pinfest 2016 I grabbed TFTC to go with my HH that I rescued in 2015, and this year will be 1812 to top off the trio. Maybe 2018 will be EATPM or Devil's Dare, who knows...

So, even though the characters in my pins are, this thread ain't dead!

IMG_2680 (resized).JPG

#113 1 year ago

I thought you went with BSD? Are you still looking for suggestions? Had you considered Nightmare on Elm Street? Or maybe a Shadow?

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought you went with BSD? Are you still looking for suggestions? Had you considered Nightmare on Elm Street? Or maybe a Shadow?

I think it was last year around this time, just before pinfest I was looking at a real nice BSD, but the TFTC was a good one and about $700 cheaper. It's been a great choice thus far as myself and all guests love it.

You know, I never considered shadow. But I could see that being a great title to mix in here since it's not horror, but it's a darker look to it design wise which I think would look great.

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I think it was last year around this time, just before pinfest I was looking at a real nice BSD, but the TFTC was a good one and about $700 cheaper. It's been a great choice thus far as myself and all guests love it.
You know, I never considered shadow. But I could see that being a great title to mix in here since it's not horror, but it's a darker look to it design wise which I think would look great.

Yes, especially with the Alt Aurich Translite, dark and stormy and world fit in right next to Haunted house.

IMG_0538 (resized).JPG

IMG_0295 (resized).JPG

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hi Dave,
Be a bit careful. Building a collection around a theme is very cool, but you can end up with some games that are only there for the collection, and not for you. Make sure each and every game that you bring in is measured for the fun factor as well. If you don't find it fun, don't buy it, even if it fits like matching socks in your collection. Keep fun as your top priority and you will always have... well fun.

Absolutely agree - but it's hard to find a bad game in that list he posted

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, especially with the Alt Aurich Translite, dark and stormy and world fit in right next to Haunted house.

Damn that always looks good. Alt translite is the way I'd go for this title as well.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely agree - but it's hard to find a bad game in that list he posted

Agreed, and again, I think monsters/paranormal/horror is the strongest theme in pinball. Superhero and Music themes are up there too with some excellent titles, but just by sheer volume of A level games alone, not even counting these oddball B and C level games, the theme is the cream of the crop.

If I had the money and could find one, Mystery Castle is another one that really intrigues me. I love the music on that game, so good.

#118 1 year ago

My friend had a Mephisto. After I woke up from my stroke and three brain surgeries that puppy is gone. All I have is this picture. It was a beauty.

image (resized).jpeg

#119 1 year ago

gorgar!

image (resized).jpeg

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Damn that always looks good. Alt translite is the way I'd go for this title as well.

And Shadow definitely counts as Occult, so it would fit right in.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My friend had a Mephisto. After I woke up from my stroke and three brain surgeries that puppy is gone. All I have is this picture. It was a beauty.

Sad to hear about Mephisto being moved... But glad you made it through that personal ordeal!

Gorgar is on the list and a fun game. My buddy had a nice example of the game once and I loved getting some rounds in on it.

Phantom is definitely on the list above and one game I wouldn't mind owning one day. Would consider throwing a Pinsound in it and playing some deep and dark phantom organ music throughout the game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
€ 50.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Fayetteville, NC
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Apollo, PA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Ellicott City, MD
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside