(Topic ID: 86352)

Building a better Pinball Show (Ann Arbor MI model)

By cfh

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo (21).JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    IMAG0123.jpg
    IMG_1438.JPG
    Screenshot_2014-05-18-21-16-12.png
    IMAG2844.jpg
    IMAG2842.jpg
    20140517_143339.jpg
    spirit.JPG
    Safe Cracker.JPG
    joust-759.JPG
    VFW Line 4.JPG
    VFW Line 3.JPG
    VFw line 2.JPG
    VFW line 1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 10 years ago

This really does seem to be the be all, end all of pinball shows in my opinion.

I have two questions:

First: Is anyone bringing a game to sell to this show? It looks like Clay is allowing this and I'm looking. Looking for JY, Congo (again), SM, Avatar LE, MET Pro, WCS 94, Who Dunnit, CP, AC/DC, Shrek. There are probably a few others.

Second: Clay-- Do you still do house calls to repair games? This will help me determine what to get next. On about 50% of the W/B games that I've had, I've needed a higher pinball authority to help bring a game back to working order. On my Sterns, I've never had to do anything more extensive than change an opto switch (on my TRS).

Thanks!

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

the games you are looking for (except bly/wms stuff) are all pretty darn new. i don't think you'll find those titles at any show. the bally/williams stuff probably difficult to find at a lot of shows too, unless they are priced high. from what i'm seeing, any 1990s b/w title that is priced nicely sells pretty much immediately. this is why you just don't see these games at shows for sale any more. it doesn't make a lot of sense for retailers to drag games to shows to have us cheap show goers beat them up on price. ebay has pretty much ruined that model. what i do see at shows are more project games, or over priced games. not much between those two though. i feel bad for people trying to get games now. everything is so expensive. and the 1990s stuff is really starting to wear (heck 20+ years old.)
    there will no doubt be games for sale at the Ann Arbor show, but right now i can't tell you what. a couple retailers are coming but i don't know what they are bring. it's too far in advance to make that guess. as for service calls i can help with that too.

I'm not one to question the Ninja, but you must've misread my post. I'm just wondering if anyone has a game for sale and is coming to the show so that we can do the transaction there. Pins of all stripes are for sale all the time, so I just wanted to do the transaction there if it was a game from someone who would normally be too far.

I'm not talking about retailers. They're glorified flippers, in my opinion. I'm simply talking about a private party sale taking place at your show. That's all.

2 weeks later
    #224 9 years ago

Just a sincere question here-- no hidden agenda. Did the price of a Saturday ticket go up to $25.00 from $20.00 or has it always been $20.00?

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

It's always been $25 for Saturday...

Thanks. Makes sense since it's the biggest chunk of time on what is probably the best day for people to go. It's certainly the best day for me to go that weekend. Ticket purchased. Thanks again.

2 weeks later
    #362 9 years ago

Was there yesterday afternoon and evening. It was absolutely awesome! Thanks for putting on a great show, Clay. To all the volunteers. You guys were fantastic. Great games. Great people. Great times. Beautiful work.

Just one minor suggestion. The pitch on the DMD games was pretty inconsistent. I'm no pin wizard and typically don't notice a few degrees here and there. For example, Congo felt spot on to me. On the other hand, certain games seemed a bit "floaty". The IM that was there comes to mind in that regard. The playfield seemed a bit flat. Just my observation-- Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-better-pinball-show-ann-arbor-mi-model?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.