(Topic ID: 86352)

Building a better Pinball Show (Ann Arbor MI model)

By cfh

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo (21).JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    IMAG0123.jpg
    IMG_1438.JPG
    Screenshot_2014-05-18-21-16-12.png
    IMAG2844.jpg
    IMAG2842.jpg
    20140517_143339.jpg
    spirit.JPG
    Safe Cracker.JPG
    joust-759.JPG
    VFW Line 4.JPG
    VFW Line 3.JPG
    VFw line 2.JPG
    VFW line 1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 10 years ago

Hey all,

lots of good discussion here, and I'm glad we have different perspectives on things...

First off, we're not trying to bash anyone else's show. We love the fact that MPE is out there introducing so many folks to pinball. We love that PATZ is out there with all of the parts vendors and the game auction. The point that Clay is really trying to get across here is that the VFW Showcase is trying to be something different.

We are very much focused on trying to provide a great atmosphere for simply playing pinball. A great variety of games (over 200 to be exact). A great opportunity to play a ton with no lines. A chance to spend some time on rarer games you might never see. And all on quality examples that are in great operating condition.

We take great pride in the fact that the VFW games function at 100%. On the chance that something goes awry (and it most assuredly will) we've got a first class repair area fully stocked with tools and parts to get that game back up to operating condition in no time.

With 200 plus games on site, we think we have a lot to offer the pinball community. In addition, we'll also have vendors on site (Pinball Life is coming, to name one), as well as a swap meet area for anyone to bring whatever they want.

We think it's going to be one hell of a cool weekend, and we look forward to you all joining us.

Sincerely,
    Eric V

#182 10 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Not a big tournament fan either I just like to play pinball. No disrespect to tournament players to each his own. I too look forward to Clay's event because I know his machines will be working correctly.. I couldn't believe the amount of machines that were off at the MPE over the weekend. It was disappointing to see that many games broke by Sat. and not fixed later in the day. My son just kept saying dad when are they going to fix the WCS game?

This is one area where we will be totally prepared. We have a multi-slot repair bay (it used to be the VFW hall kitchen) that is fully stocked with thousands of replacement parts, as well as full sets of tools and supplies. If any machine goes down (and I'm sure it will), we'll have the ability to get it back up and running....quickly!

5 weeks and counting!

Thanks,
    Eric V.

3 weeks later
    #245 9 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Are there anymore T-shirts left?

There will be a very limited supply of our first run of shirts;

VFW Pinball Olive Grey-848.jpgVFW Pinball Olive Grey-848.jpg

I posted for interest in shirts a bit ago, and haven't had much of any response. So, whatever we have left will be all we have for sale.

Thanks,
    Eric

P.S. That is, unless others chime in here for T-shirts? We could do a emergency rush order for more....

#250 9 years ago

I'll be there tonight and do a count of the remaining t shirts. If we were to do a second run the approximate cost would be around $15.

Thanks,
    Eric

#256 9 years ago

I was there last night and did a count of the t-shirts. There are about 40 shirts left, 20 in gray and 20 in olive, all in various sizes. If you're interested in a shirt, please post here your name (the one you ordered your ticket with, not your Pinside screen name), size, and day you're coming. Price is $15 cash. Please have correct change ready.

Quoted from Choggard:

I thought people that donated $50 or more got a free T-Shirt.. From kickstarter. I want an XL in green..

Yes, most definitely. Were you a $50 or higher Kickstarter? If so, your shirt is complimemtary.

On that note, is there anyone else who was a Kickstarter that is coming to the Showcase but hasn't gotten their shirt yet? If so, please let me know immediately, as you will be definitely given first priority.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#273 9 years ago

I've got the shirts set aside, but for the last few folks, please re-post with the name you've bought your tickets under....we won't have your Pinside name on the list.

Thanks,
    Eric

#274 9 years ago

I'll be working the front door all three days, and have your t-shirts with me at the "counter". It will be the "Tiki Hut" bar you can see at the bottom of this picture;

cropped-vfw1mod.jpgcropped-vfw1mod.jpg

I'll either be just outside the front door if the weather's nice, or inside the vestibule if it's not...

Thanks,
    Eric

1 week later
    #335 9 years ago

Crap! Roadies had really awesome food. What a loss. Hopefully they re-open somewhere in the future....

Later,
    EV

#374 9 years ago

Whew!!! What a weekend! I think all of us on the staff will need at least a week to recover...

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for coming out and visiting us at Vintage Flipper World. We worked really hard to try something different, and we hope that everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. Judging by the comments I see so far, it looks like Mission Accomplished!

Working the front door, I had a lot of folks asking me when we would put on another event. It will take us a little while to clean all the games and take stock of how things went. Once we do make a decision about future events, we'll be sure to post notice here, as well as on the www.vfwpinball.com website.

Thanks again, and stay tuned!

- Eric V.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-better-pinball-show-ann-arbor-mi-model?tu=echovictor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.