IMG_20221013_221813 (resized).jpg
20220925_113357 (resized).jpg
20220925_112558 (resized).jpg
20220925_113351 (resized).jpg
20220925_111442 (resized).jpg
20220925_111157 (resized).jpg
20220925_112018 (resized).jpg
20220925_101033 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

Terrific work!! Game Plan owners will finally have a new MPU option! Thanks for making this as accessible as you have, I'm excited to build an MPU for my buddy's Sharpshooter.

Great job!

1 month later
#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

As soon as the latest updates are applied for a revised board (additional vias for power) then can see about making up a few boards. I don't mind building some or putting some kits together.
Robert

Please put me on the list for a kit as well! I'm looking forward to assembling one of these for my buddy's Sharpshooter.

1 month later
#150 1 year ago

That's a perfect candidate for one of these new MPUs! Robotworkshop might have a complete/built one in stock to sell. Several here have bought from him, including myself. Great guy to work with!

Congrats on your new game! The timing couldn't be better for you, replacement MPUs have been in demand for years...until just recently! Thanks again, pinballj !!!

2 weeks later
#176 1 year ago

Finally got a chance to assemble the MPU for my buddy's Sharpshooter and it's working great!!! It was a fun project to build.

It finally put to rest an issue we were having with intermittence in the switch matrix. By the time I installed the new board, the column we were having trouble with had gone out completely for like the 3rd time and he hadn't been playing it for about a week. Now the game plays much better in result, most notably the pop bumpers are now super sensitive and responsive, tons of action...They had been on the intermittent/dead switch column, and are now finally working as designed! The memory appears to be working as well, so it looks like his game will finally be firing on all cylinders.

Thank you sooo much for making this happen @pinballj! I've been watching the forum the past couple years hoping for someone to come along and make the next repro Gameplan MPU a reality and you did it!!!

I also gotta thank Robotworkshop for taking the initiative and amplifying the impact of this great project. Making the parts and boards available as kits was huge. (Not to mention they were quickly shipped, well-organized, with detailed instructions, and a socket for every chip. Price was very reasonable too!)

This community rocks because of guys like you! Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/build-your-own-gameplan-multi-mpu-board?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.