Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NoahFentz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Here's my situation that I'm hoping someone can offer their thoughts on. I have a Stern Seawitch and have decided to keep for the entire rest of my life. At least that is what the wife wants to do. The cabinet it came in was from a Stern Lightning. I really want the original cabinet art but I don't want to mess around with the current cabinet. It's got too many beauty marks. Sure I can repair those but I honestly don't want to take the game apart just to refinish the cabinet. I'd rather have something ready to start moving parts over. So I have three options.

1. Find a used cabinet somewhere. Hope to get it at a fair price. Refinish and paint that one. Then move all the parts over into the new cab. Sell the old cab or whatever.

2. Build one from new materials? This would be mostly time consuming. Not really what I want to do. If someone had blue prints/parts list, I would maybe consider this an option.

3. Buy one pre-made? Is this even an option for this particular game/time period with correct measurements?

#2 8 years ago

I know that some people have had kitchen cabinet makers build them... let him take measurements from your existing cab and it should be no problem...let him know what material you want used
I don't think it would be too tough to build one from scratch when you have one already to use as a template

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

3. Buy one pre-made? Is this even an option for this particular game/time period with correct measurements?

Yes, but it ain't cheap.

http://www.letsplaypinball.com/cabinets.html

#5 8 years ago

Good luck getting him to return calls or emails. I think that avenue has become a dead end.

#6 8 years ago

Those are beautiful! But woof. I didn't think there would be that high of a cost associated. But there I go thinking again...

#7 8 years ago

Wish I knew about virtuapin, last summer it took me about 2 weeks to build a BSD cabinet. It was close to $150.00 in plywood, there's
no print, just measure and duplicate. The tricky stuff was the flipper buttons it's a 3 different hole saw process, had to fabricate a
drill jig for the leg holes and I wasn't sure how to do the groove for the glass's plastic molding so I run the ply vertical through the
table saw. Couldn't duplicate the Williams corners and would never do another one.

#8 8 years ago

Does Virtuapin do Stern cabinets, I thought all there stuff was for WPC? The only thing I have purchased from them was a WPC speaker panel, and at $30 it was a bargain!

#9 8 years ago

We're happy to do any cabinet. If we have an empty sample, it makes it much easier.

DayDay, if you're interested, give us a call, (248) 252-6871, and we can discuss the process.

Thank you,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/build-new-cabinet-or-find-one-used and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.