7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Kane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0066586099317_500X500[1].jpg
    rotisserie.jpg

#1 7 years ago

working on my own design. I think this will not only be easier (mount the playfield in a frame first instead of relying on keeping tension on two legs), but hopefully a cheaper parts list. Also going to use plastic channels so they don't marr the wood. Need to add a few misc hardware components and then I'm gonna order my parts from mcmaster and start building it. Here's a rendering..

rotisserie.jpg

#2 7 years ago

very cool. let us know how it turns out

#3 7 years ago

Honda had a really nice one that he built. Hopefully, he'll post some more pics of it for you.

#4 7 years ago

I like the idea of using plastic channels not to mar the wood, or snag my belly when walking around the rotisserie. Are you designing this to be floor standing or tabletop? If it's floor standing I would be tripping over the extruding horizontal piece every time I walked around it. but that's just my clumsy ass.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Honda had a really nice one that he built. Hopefully, he'll post some more pics of it for you.

+1 it's totally KISS. but with an ingenious use of alternator housings for the pivot points.

#6 7 years ago

@ssathre tabletop, it's 16" tall (still enough for all playfields), but not too high. I could always move the extended leg on the inside and still be versatile for all playfield lengths (40-46" long).

#7 7 years ago

that's pretty cool, did you design that with SolidWorks?

#8 7 years ago

@herbertbsharp yes.. sorta addicted to it. Here's a quick video of it:

Probably going to start working on the real thing next week. 0066586099317_500X500[1].jpg

#9 7 years ago

Nice idea; good luck; will be following your progress!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

I would be tripping over the extruding horizontal piece every time I walked around it.

You could have the stabilising struts pointing inwards so you don't trip over them and it would take less floor space... it would be just as stable... well, almost... Just a thought.

#11 7 years ago

Just remember you have to be able to lock it up so it won't spin on you and not just horizontally. Think about how you want to work at it. If it's on a bench those legs are going to get in the way. Modify your bench/table to hold the rotissery and you get rid of a lot of extra wood. Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 239.00
    $ 18.99
    € 8.40
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 36.99
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside