(Topic ID: 255772)

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball - It's a club, now Bash Away!

By SadSack

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by izzy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think?”

• Love it! 11 votes
    19%
  • Hate it! 20 votes
    35%
  • It's OK! 11 votes
    19%
  • Never played it! 15 votes
    26%

(57 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_113949708 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211116_200343029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211106_121649151 (resized).jpg
VID-20210930-WA0002_exported_239 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211014_200855888 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211014_201205687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210101_171253543 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201123_231538458.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20201123_231600286 (resized).jpg
BBBB apron decal (resized).jpg
AD2004E7-8B0C-48AC-BD38-C02690AF142A (resized).jpeg
AF8F89F7-F7E1-4C69-ABE1-0CB5702DD2E1 (resized).jpeg
BBBB 4_LI (resized).jpg
unnamed (resized).jpg
CC4E1D33-872E-42A1-B05A-CC9D965D9DDD (resized).jpeg
ACF97BCB-507D-46B5-8B43-B58EC8D1421B (resized).jpeg
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Hey guys, i picked up a Bugs today.
Cabinet is excellent shape, playfield is as dirty as it gets.
Center ramp is broken (is there a place in the US to get it?)

Odd thing is that it doesn't have new decals, but the color is for the most part black and red. It's not faded at all. I cannot find pics of any other one like it. No blues, grays, yellows or anything. Maybe an early build?

Going to need a full tear down.
Anything special i need to order?
Thanks,
Joe

PXL_20201123_231538458.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_231538458.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_231600286 (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_231600286 (resized).jpg
#52 3 years ago

According to ipdb I think I just bought a sample...

Edit:
Numbers match, it's a prototype.

#53 3 years ago

I remember reading that on IPDP, that's great. Certainly rare. Post some pictures to compare if any other features different.

How badly is the center ramp broken? I have a used one, but the entrance is messed up. Might be fixable, not sure. They are pricey.

Order list - warm white LEDs and, on mine, I used "fire flicker" LEDs for the backbox candles. Looks great that way.

As bad of cosmetic shape mine was in, it worked perfectly - not a single switch or coil nor fuse needed.

#54 3 years ago

Thanks,
I take it the center ramp is not available and I was looking at the wrong one...
Tomorrow I'll get it in the basement to get a better look at what I'm working with. Is the cliffy repair for that ramp? Looked playable like a broken cyclone ramp.
Thanks for the tip on the flickering bulbs.

#55 3 years ago

I have a rather nice BBBB also. So to answer some of your questions.
- What are the inverted clear posts under the spiral ramp? They are to prevent the ball from launching and getting wedged underneath the spiral ramp.
- Why is there no multi-ball? If multiple balls were to end up in the lower playfield, they cant be reliably kicked up the left ramp. They will just get wildly kicked over and over without reliably making it up the ramp. With a little more injunuity, they could have addressed this and had MB. But like everything else, there's a schedule to keep to get them shipped so they likely did not have time.
- I bought a full set of reproduction ramps from some guy in Austrailia a couple years ago for $170 shipped. They were easy to find on Ebay.

#56 3 years ago

I found a couple old ebay ads with the ramps. Doesn't seem too bad. For now I guess it will get the cliffy repair. Until I find one.
A friend pointed out the protectors around the flipper buttons. I'd say it's unlikely someone added them, certainly not the guy I got I from and typically his games have never been cleaned or serviced (ever).
Not in the basement yet, so I haven't opened it back up, but the cab is cleaning up to near perfect condition.

#57 3 years ago

I will look and see if there is still a record in my ebay for that new ramp purchse tomorrow.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Thanks,
I take it the center ramp is not available and I was looking at the wrong one...
Tomorrow I'll get it in the basement to get a better look at what I'm working with. Is the cliffy repair for that ramp? Looked playable like a broken cyclone ramp.
Thanks for the tip on the flickering bulbs.

Try https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8505.html

#59 3 years ago

Thanks, i've found it multiple times, almost all in Australia and all out of stock...
The pinball spare parts site seems to come up the most in searches.

#60 3 years ago

Before i click buy on pinball spare parts in australia someone tell me if i'm crazy, stupid, maybe both.
AU $166.35
Which i think is $122.20 US
Shipped.

Doesn't really sound right when marco's has each ramp for around that much.

I've never purchased from them before, the center ramp seems to be out of stock everywhere, so it will get cliffy's for now unless one of you guys where one is new. Mine is usable, just not preferred.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Before i click buy on pinball spare parts in australia someone tell me if i'm crazy, stupid, maybe both.
AU $166.35
Which i think is $122.20 US
Shipped.
Doesn't really sound right when marco's has each ramp for around that much.
I've never purchased from them before, the center ramp seems to be out of stock everywhere, so it will get cliffy's for now unless one of you guys where one is new. Mine is usable, just not preferred.

The Australia supplier is very good and reliable. A little slow at times getting the shipping out the door, so it may be 3 weeks or so before you receive but they do send tracking info. Much better prices than Marco's.

#62 3 years ago

Agreed.
There is a longer wait, but dont sweat it.

BTW I have been selling BBBB decals for a few years now. All images are photoshopped to perfect condition. I dont currently have any material in stock to print them but I can order some. Wont find them anywhere else! If interested send me a PM.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Agreed.
There is a longer wait, but dont sweat it.
BTW I have been selling BBBB decals for a few years now. All images are photoshopped to perfect condition. I dont currently have any material in stock to print them but I can order some. Wont find them anywhere else! If interested send me a PM.

I'm guessing the set I bought off ebay came from you.
The seller said he purchased them on pinside but didn't use them.
I would have purchased them from you, but I was a little panicky since I didn't see them for sale anywhere.
Any chance you have some insert decals? I'd buy them for sure.
Thanks

#64 3 years ago

Was not me. I never sold them on ebay. Nope no insert decals. However I plan to do them just dont know when.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Was not me. I never sold them on ebay. Nope no insert decals. However I plan to do them just dont know when.

Sorry, to clarify, the person on ebay i bought them from said he bought them here and didn't use them.

Regardless i have them, i'm refurbing this machine for a friend that does not sell things.
So when the insert decals are done i will absolutely buy a set.

#66 3 years ago

Okay. The ones I plan to do are the POP at the rollovers and the speedy decal. Ping me in a couple months or so.

#67 3 years ago

Any of you guys have a pic of the clearances for the spinner and the shaft?
Mine was binding up against the wire ball guide (which is a thick one).
Bend the ball guide out and it hits the spinner, straight or bent in, the shaft that goes through the hole rubs on the ball guide.
I did not check it before disassembly, but i can't see any scenario where it doesn't hit.
To make matters worse, i tried to adjust the metal on the spinner itself and i broke it.

In my tear down pics it's up against the guide, but it just doesn't seem right.

#68 3 years ago

Ok, the pin is cleaned up, all new rubber, new posts, flippers completely rebuilt.

So i have a gameplay question.
First off, does the captive ball get rubber sleeves on posts the ball rests on (both sides), seems like on the mini playfield it takes a damn near perfect shot to knock the ball back to the regular playfield.

On the other hand, is the tweety ramp supposed to knock the ball back down to the mini playfield? Almost seems impossible to do it with a flipper.

Also order both available ramps and 2 different spinners (both with longer arms on one side) from pinball spare parts is australia.
Shockingly enough, the total order shipped was $140 US.

3 weeks later
#69 3 years ago

So I received my order from Australia, safe and sound. Saved quite a bit of money over Marcos.

Also one of the spinners was a better fit, little bracket stretching and there is way more clearance and no binding.

PXL_20210101_171253543 (resized).jpgPXL_20210101_171253543 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#70 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Ok, the pin is cleaned up, all new rubber, new posts, flippers completely rebuilt.
So i have a gameplay question.
First off, does the captive ball get rubber sleeves on posts the ball rests on (both sides), seems like on the mini playfield it takes a damn near perfect shot to knock the ball back to the regular playfield.
On the other hand, is the tweety ramp supposed to knock the ball back down to the mini playfield? Almost seems impossible to do it with a flipper.
Also order both available ramps and 2 different spinners (both with longer arms on one side) from pinball spare parts is australia.
Shockingly enough, the total order shipped was $140 US.

I tried it both ways and I ended up NOT putting the rubbers on.

8 months later
#71 2 years ago

VID-20210930-WA0002_exported_239 (resized).jpgVID-20210930-WA0002_exported_239 (resized).jpgMy Bugs is on the move from my parents place to my den where it's long lost relative Mr Space Station lives. Another Williams Bally member.

Bugs head is waiting to be united with his body.

IMG_20211014_200855888 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_200855888 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_201205687 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_201205687 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#72 2 years ago

Moved the rest of Bugs with my friends last night. He is up and running.
Some light restoration work to do.

IMG_20211106_121649151 (resized).jpgIMG_20211106_121649151 (resized).jpg
#73 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Numbers match, it's a prototype.

Just curious, what number of prototype do you have? Mine is #5. In the IPDB they show #6 in the pics.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Just curious, what number of prototype do you have? Mine is #5. In the IPDB they show #6 in the pics.

If i'm reading the number correctly, i have number #19.
X600019

#75 2 years ago

jcar302 is your game a Diamond Plate too? It is an awesome find for you especially since you didn't realize it was a proto when you bought it.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

jcar302 is your game a Diamond Plate too? It is an awesome find for you especially since you didn't realize it was a proto when you bought it.

My is not diamond plate. Has a decent amount of wear. Especially on the inserts.
It was a pretty lucky find.
I didn't realize it until I noticed my side art had no color.

1 week later
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

If i'm reading the number correctly, i have number #19.
X600019

I take it my bugs is a standard late production model?

I hope posting this photo is not liking putting of my car numberplate on the net to be cloned !

IMG_20211116_200343029 (resized).jpgIMG_20211116_200343029 (resized).jpg
#78 2 years ago

My winter light restoration Project has begun, mini strip down in progress,
To do:

Clean playfield and plastics,
New rubbers ring and posts
Led upgrade play field and ,
Flipper Rebuild including bushing's,
Replace some of the damaged plastics,
Shooter rebuild,
Switch adjustments etc

IMG_20211117_113949708 (resized).jpgIMG_20211117_113949708 (resized).jpg
#79 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

WHat's up, Doc? I think the game is well worth 3 grand if it's pretty cherry. This is the most solid player I've ever had on location.

When my friend who owned the machine, he said it was extremely popular with the kids back in the day.

Easy game to game to play, allot of value for your ten pence, you could play for a good while without losing your life too soon.

My own 4 year old prefers bugs to space station.

My machine has allot of wear in the door from money being put into it. The shooter is worn out too plenty of use.

1 month later
#80 2 years ago

I have some parts for sale in case you need something : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/126937

4 months later
#81 1 year ago

So how do you blow out all of the candles to light the the 50 Mil shot? Is it cumulative or completely random? Couldn't find an adjustment for how often it happens.
thx

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

So how do you blow out all of the candles to light the the 50 Mil shot? Is it cumulative or completely random? Couldn't find an adjustment for how often it happens.
thx

Has to be on third ball and then multiple saucer shots. I'm not sure if the number of candles blown out is random or not, but I think it is around 5 or 6 saucer shots.

On a side note, I'm still yearning for someone to program in the multi-ball feature using the saucer as a hold while the second ball is launched. I actually enjoy the game much more than most comments suggest. I have mine on location for over a year now and it's been pretty bullet-proof.

#83 1 year ago

Thx for the info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bash-away/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.