IMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_2801_(resized).JPG
IMG_2744_(resized).JPG
IMG_2740_(resized).JPG
IMG_2675_(resized).JPG
IMG_2624_(resized).JPG
IMG_2625_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

Great to see this thread! I have been wanting to do a Buffy retheme for my wife for years.... never really got past the planning stage (seems like that is the way for most of my projects).

Look forward to progress updates.

2 months later
#55 10 years ago

Building a buffy pinball machine has been on my to do list for at least 8 years now..... I was going to try and build one in future pinball....... , then I was going to retheme one... (there are lots of figures on ebay) yeah... still on my to do list.....

Anyway, thank you for doing this! I will watch this thread and enjoy! Looks great so far... very nice artwork

3 months later
#100 10 years ago

Awesome. Love the wood coating.

Please consider making kits for this. I think you would have a few of us in line.

#107 10 years ago

Nelly,

I was talking about the retheme. Your machine looks really great so far. I cant get over how you good looking that wood coat is on the ramps. Not sure how you are going to theme it, but the library would look good on the machine... lots of wood.

How will you be doing the sounds ? When I had a dream of doing a future pinball version of buffy I was going to base it on the EXCELLENT original XBOX game. I started sampling sounds (crate smashing, punches, vampire dying, etc....). Take a look, you might be able to pull some great sound effects from the game. (and once you are done building this, go back and play the XBOX game, I am sure the graphics look dated, but it was fun).

Jim

Jim

#110 10 years ago

Another option for grabbing sounds. There are people that have played and recorded the entire game for your viewing pleasure (on youtube). Download video's and sample away (that's what I was doing about 6 years ago... I have no idea where they are now).

For those reading this thread and enjoy Buffy, go play that game, you will enjoy it.

Jim

#120 10 years ago

Yeah, kits might be kind of tough.... but there seem to be lots of people wanting a kit.
One approach would be like CPR was doing for their Dolly re-theme. I think this is a title where there would be a small group saying its a must buy (and other people going, really, Buffy the vampire slayer).

There are plenty of Buffy games on ebay as suggested above. I believe that game plays on the XBOX 360 (that is backwards compatible) as well. I know I played Chaos Bleeds, but I dont think I liked it nearly as much as the first game.

I look forward to following your progress.

2 months later
#129 10 years ago

I havent been back to this thread in a while... How are things going ? Of all the custom builds out there I am really curious how this one is going to turn out. It is such a great theme. If you are able to capture the comedy and the action this is going to be awesome.

Dugfreeze, not sure if you played the buffy games, but the first game is definitely better then the second (good fighting engine, great sound).

Back to pinball.... I think the demand for this could actually be a good size, their are some really hardcore Buffy fans out there. It might not be the pinheads though.

- Drop targets could make an vampire turning to dust sound....
- Hellmouth should be in the center of the playfield and turn red once acheived. (have a red light mode like T3)....
- I always liked the idea of featuring the library... just think the artwork could be cool. Obviously could have the bar, school, graveyard, Buffy's home, etc.... so many mode potentials as well.
- Once more with Feeling mode.... got to have this.
- The themesong would be great for a timed multiball....where you are slaying vamps.
- If you play the original XBOX game, the background soundtrack while you play the game is perfect for a pin. Its very sparse, the occasional evil laugh and evil calling Buffy.... It would be a great way to start the game, and then build from there....

5 months later
#168 9 years ago

Keep up the great work. I really look forward to the updates.

10 months later
#247 8 years ago

Great work on Buffy!

Great pin for a boutique run. There are a lot of hardcore fans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.