IMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_2801_(resized).JPG
IMG_2744_(resized).JPG
IMG_2740_(resized).JPG
IMG_2675_(resized).JPG
IMG_2624_(resized).JPG
IMG_2625_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 7 years ago

Starting to wire up the new playfield for Buffy #3. Slowly but surely getting there.

IMG_2801_(resized).JPGIMG_2801_(resized).JPG

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yeah, it was a great episode! I will have to figure out some fun ways to incorporate it. Problem is there are SO many great episodes it is hard to include everything seamlessly. We will do our best though! I do have some ideas for some episode specific modes that can be earned or achieved so maybe I can come up with one for OMWF as well.

My Sister In Law bought the soundtrack. For a while back then I think we knew every word.

It would be easier to incorporate the episode "Hush". Make the game totally silent until you complete whatever goal then there is a scream.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

My Sister In Law bought the soundtrack. For a while back then I think we knew every word.
It would be easier to incorporate the episode "Hush". Make the game totally silent until you complete whatever goal then there is a scream.

Hush multiball has been on the list since the very beginning.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Hush multiball has been on the list since the very beginning.

Cool. I came in kind of late and saw one YouTube video of game play. Is there a list of modes and features?

#405 7 years ago

I wish I could own one bet it would cost a fortune

#406 7 years ago

I know you're fairly set against selling and/or making any more of these as it'd be cost AND parts prohibitive, but what would you do if SMG herself wanted one?

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I know you're fairly set against selling and/or making any more of these as it'd be cost AND parts prohibitive, but what would you do if SMG herself wanted one?

I know I ask her is she had Alyson Hannigan's number

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If she (or anyone else from the show) wanted one, I'd build them one. They could easily afford it.

#409 7 years ago

You don't neccesary have to build them , just create kits in which we have to put everything together from scratch and we will have to supply our own cabinets

#410 7 years ago

Man that looks killer!

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

You don't neccesary have to build them , just create kits in which we have to put everything together from scratch and we will have to supply our own cabinets

That sounds like it would be easier for me. However, there are so many changes to the SOF and its layout that, it would actually be easier for me to just build it rather than try to explain to someone how to make all these changes themselves. It is more work than you think! So much so that I'm pretty much at the point where building one from scratch might be more beneficial than trying to modify a SOF.

Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Man that looks killer!

Thanks! We are very proud of it so far and only intend for it to get better.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

So much so that I'm pretty much at the point where building one from scratch might be more beneficial than trying to modify a SOF

first off this would make the LIONMAN crowd happy, if SOFs are not sacrificed. As previously talked about, it is all about the needed mechs, and parts. So, it seems likely that until someone makes those parts and they become available, that well, there is going to be a pretty limited number of these.

#413 7 years ago

I was more of the lines of thinking like using a Sys 11 cabinet or any cabinet of some sort. The kit would contain all the circuitry , populated playfield (or one that is not populated and you have to put it all together saves your time and our money), wiring looms, artwork.
So essentially you can still keep the original game that you converted into Buffy So you can keep the Lionman crowd happy and any other club happy

1 month later
#414 7 years ago

In 7 days BOTH of these beauties will be set up for all to enjoy at Pinball Expo! Come play them, and the many other custom games, in the Multimorphic/P-ROC booth!

IMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPG

#415 7 years ago

Nice!!! With new toppers no less. Looking forward to playing it again.

#416 7 years ago

I hope that a lot of code was able to be added over the last few months.

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I hope that a lot of code was able to be added over the last few months.

Since MOcean, who does the code, now has a physical machine, I believe he has been adding a ton of new stuff.

#418 7 years ago

An unpleasant amount of my summer was wasted to some very serious real-life unpleasantness. That said: yes. there will be new Buffy code on display.

I'm also psyched that there are going to be 3-5 other games running SkeletonGame/PyProcGameHD in the Multimorphic booth. Without being overly technical, I think it's fair to say that a bunch of the "vertebrae" that make up SkeletonGame were yanked out of Buffy's spine ... No. That sounds gross. Bits of Buffy are in other games in the booth..? No. Still gross.

Ah forget it. Just stop by and play our games!!

#419 7 years ago

I'll miss you guys... one day; you come to TPF - I hope.
have fun!

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'll miss you guys... one day; you come to TPF - I hope.
have fun!

Too bad you wont be making it up this year. I would love to make it to TPF next year. We shall see!

Only 2 days left till I am hauling these babies to Expo!

#421 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to play today!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#422 7 years ago

Game played awesome. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in.

#423 7 years ago

You guys have done a great job. Gets better and better every year!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#424 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who continues to stop by, play, and give us feedback. I'll post audit counts soon but they're in play almost constantly. The machines are getting quite the work out!

#425 7 years ago

Looks like American Pinball would have way better luck getting this into production than "Houdini"!

#426 7 years ago

Ed Robertson enjoying a game on Buffy! IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPG

#427 7 years ago

Played both of these awesome Buffy games today. Posted Some photos and talked them up on our Gulf Coast Pinball Facebook page. Keep up the great work love the show and the game.

#428 7 years ago

And here's Jack Danger playing some Buffy.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#429 7 years ago

Just wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by to see and play Buffy at Expo! We had about 800 plays between the two machines and they held up very well the entire show. It was great meeting everyone and hearing what they thought of the game. While they did start their lives as a Swords of Fury, I'm confident that anyone that has played it would vouch that these are nothing like an SOF anymore!

If you did stop by to play, please post up your thoughts of the machine, good or bad. We got lots of feedback at the show, but I didn't get to talk to everyone there and would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again for giving Buffy a shot and hopefully it was as fun for you to play as it was for me to share it with you all.

#430 7 years ago

The games looked awesome. I mean really polished and slick, and seeing two next to each other made it feel like a production game no one remembered being released! I saw lots of attention to detail, like the metallic foil drop target decals, very impressive.

#431 7 years ago

The fit and finish looked awesome. Played smooth and felt refined. I don't know if I ever saw the game not being played when I looked over from our booth. I enjoy playing all the homebrew games and have great respect for all the hard work you guys have put into Buffy!

Buffy is not show/universe that I know much at all, but it really doesn't matter. The game is enjoyable whether you are a Buffy fan or not.

Can't wait to see what you guys make next!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#432 7 years ago

Just wanted to stop in here and say how much I enjoyed playing this game at expo. I am a Buffy fan and I really had fun saving the Scoobies, battling the Master, collecting weapons and whatnot. Now I'm just sad that I can't buy one. GREAT job!

#433 7 years ago

Thank you for bringing them to expo again . I agree they do not seem like a swords of fury at all , different rules of course but they also just seem to play faster than any swords of fury I have played . Awesome!

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Game played awesome. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in.

Hey Tommy, it was nice to see you again and to hear your kind words in the most recent episode of TFP. I really appreciate you hauling #2 out to me.

Also, I really enjoyed that episode --especially Taylor's point about the financial gap within this hobby, which has stuck with me since I listened two days ago. Great stuff as always.

#435 7 years ago

Thanks for bring them to the Expo. It was fun getting to play them. Always been a fan of Buffy the show.
Now I'm a fan of Buffy the Pin. Thanks again.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Hey Tommy, it was nice to see you again and to hear your kind words in the most recent episode of TFP. I really appreciate you hauling #2 out to me.
Also, I really enjoyed that episode --especially Taylor's point about the financial gap within this hobby, which has stuck with me since I listened two days ago. Great stuff as always.

Yeah from time to time Taylor makes a valid point, they are rare but should be enjoyed and savored like a perfectly cooked steak.

#437 7 years ago

You have to get the license and put these into production

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You have to get the license and put these into production

As much as I would LOVE to get the license for this (I have actually talked to Roger Sharpe about it), It is just something I am not willing to take on at this point. Not only would it be a huge undertaking, but once the many licenses needed all came together (there is more than just the Buffy license being used here) the game would likely look nothing like it does today, and that could be good or bad. I am not willing to take the chance that I will be happy with the IP holders vision of what it should look like, so I'll just enjoy it the way we have designed it to be.

I know that's not what people who are interested in the game want to here, but honestly, I am not really sure how many people out there would be willing to purchase one. Although I have had quite a few approach me in person, I have yet to receive a PM from anyone asking to buy one, so that says a lot right there.

#439 7 years ago

On another note, I just booked my hotel for TPF! So the Buffy machines will be making their way to Texas in March! Woohoo!

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

On another note, I just booked my hotel for TPF! So the Buffy machines will be making their way to Texas in March! Woohoo!

I FINALLY GET TO SEE THIS THING!!!!!

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I have yet to receive a PM from anyone asking to buy one

I'd never have the balls to even try to buy a one-off game like this one without it being listed for sale. It would be like asking someone if they'd sell their firstborn daughter.

I do REALLY want to play this some day, and I would be very tempted to buy one if it was available.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I FINALLY GET TO SEE THIS THING!!!!!

So excited for you to see it in person, and for us to finally meet!

Quoted from herg:

I'd never have the balls to even try to buy a one-off game like this one without it being listed for sale. It would be like asking someone if they'd sell their firstborn daughter.
I do REALLY want to play this some day, and I would be very tempted to buy one if it was available.

Yeah firstborn, I could see that, but what about her siblings?

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yeah firstborn, I could see that, but what about her siblings?

That depends on whether they've already been born or if I'd be commissioning a new work.

Seriously, if you decided to make a run of them, we'd know about it. If it's just the prototypes, I wouldn't want people contacting me all the time, trying to buy it, if I owned one, so I'm not going to do it to someone else (you).

#444 7 years ago

I'm sure if you actually collected a headcount for orders, you would have a decently sized list.

#445 7 years ago

Dancing a jig right now!
Now... about that doom machine....

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree. I would not want to insult someone who put so much into something like this.

And if I finally get to play one at Pintastic 2017 I just might get obsessed enough. I have a SoF in storage that might have to get worked into the equation.

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I agree. I would not want to insult someone who put so much into something like this.
And if I finally get to play one at Pintastic 2017 I just might get obsessed enough. I have a SoF in storage that might have to get worked into the equation.

Well, I was there last year when Nelly received a truly offensive offer and he was surprisingly civil in the phase of such outlandish audacity. Hint: it was measured in multiples of the value of a SoF and the multiplier might not have exceeded 2...

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Well, I was there last year when Nelly received a truly offensive offer and he was surprisingly civil in the phase of such outlandish audacity. Hint: it was measured in multiples of the value of a SoF and the multiplier might not have exceeded 2...

I just looked up the Pinside value for SoF and while it is more than I expected 2x would be a ludicrous offer.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Yeah... that was hilarious that the guy even thought that was "in the ball park".
You don't buy these machines for chump change. Too much love and time went into these machines to low ball the maker.
I once had a guy try to buy the _ST:MU machine from me... I told him it needed to be stupid money... and he and I thought stupid money was different. For me; 15k would be a minimum to buy it from me.

#450 7 years ago

I've wanted one ever since this thread started three years ago. I am sure the price to pry one of these away would be more than I could do though. Looks awesome, I hope I get a chance to play it one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball/page/9?hl=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.