IMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_2801_(resized).JPG
IMG_2744_(resized).JPG
IMG_2740_(resized).JPG
IMG_2675_(resized).JPG
IMG_2624_(resized).JPG
IMG_2625_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 8 years ago

He played for a while and chatted for a bit. Anyone know who that is? Very cool guy, but like a dummy I forgot to ask his name...

#352 8 years ago

I think it's Ian from Kitchener?

#353 8 years ago

Yes! That's right. Thanks again, Mark.

#354 8 years ago

Yeah that is me. I was super impressed by the machine and had a great time chatting and playing with you all. I will forever take credit as the first in the world to play the secret multiball, even if it only half worked .

On a side note, those of us that are folically challenged don't like to be reminded of what we look like from behind an above. Way to shatter my illusion that it is not that bad.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Yeah that is me. I was super impressed by the machine and had a great time chatting and playing with you all. I will forever take credit as the first in the world to play the secret multiball, even if it only half worked .
On a side note, those of us that are folically challenged don't like to be reminded of what we look like from behind an above. Way to shatter my illusion that it is not that bad.

Don't feel too bad. We're all folicly challenged. Except that Jack Danger guy. I'm gonna steal his hair when he's not looking.

#356 8 years ago

Audits from expo. Number of plays:

Thursday: 141
Friday: 117
Saturday: 358
Sunday: 22
----------------
Expo Total: 638 plays

Not bad given the limited hours of the vendor hall.

#357 8 years ago

SOF is one of my fav games. In my collection to stay. Ive played easily....600 games in it. And look forward to 600 more. Steve can't be right all day all the time, ha. That said I'm less a fan of his layouts and more a Gomez or lawlor fan. To each his own.

That said I dig Buffy. Great work!

Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Eh, most people glowing over a SoF haven't played one much. Steve Ritchie was right about it being a dud. The best parts of it are the music and Shadow like play field. It isn't bad or good but for the same money you could get Baywatch, jd, Strange Science And Hardbody And an EM, or others.

#358 8 years ago

played this at expo. It was nice. Still wish a SOF didn't get sacrificed, but I like the changes. Played a lot differently than my SOF does.

#359 8 years ago

I really dig the scoop and magnet. Nice

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Ian was the first to get the secret Lionman Multiball, right after I added it to the code (and failed to get it myself)!

Not too shabby!

2 weeks later
#361 8 years ago

New, and a bit longer game play video. its playing pretty damn good! There are still a few bugs (some of which can be seen in the video if you pay close enough attention) but overall the code that is in it is solid! Mad props to Mocean for his awesome work here!

P.S. Sorry for the loud sounds coming from the flippers and what not. I had to have the glass off of the game to keep the glare down for the camera.

#362 8 years ago

Wow that was fun. I think that's the farthest I ever saw anyone get in the game.

I noticed you collected some weapons (3). Are there inserts lit for the weapons you collected? I enjoyed training with the weapons at EXPO, that's cool. That red GI is so badass when it comes on.

What are the 5 inserts starting with the cross near the slings? Are they the modes (battles?). Can you jot down a few quick rules so we can see what you were going for in the game?

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you jot down a few quick rules so we can see what you were going for in the game?

Awesome question Frank! You made us realize that we never really posted up a breakdown of the rules/ modes on Buffy. We will remedy that shortly, but I will answer a couple of your questions:

I noticed you collected some weapons (3). Are there inserts lit for the weapons you collected?

Yes, the 4 inserts in the lower center of the playfield that light up a yellow/orange color are your weapons collected inserts. To collect a weapon you must light the 4 inserts above the in/outlanes. Once you have done this it lights a collect weapon insert and you must shoot The Crypt lane (far left lane) to collect the weapon.

What are the 5 inserts starting with the cross near the slings? Are they the modes (battles?).

Correct. These 5 inserts represent 5 different "Big Bads" (evil villains from different seasons of the show) that you must defeat in the Slayfield (the mini playfield). Basically you must spell VAMPIRE by hitting all of the stand up targets which in turn lights up you first Big Bad insert. Once lit you shoot either right ramp to start the battle. Each Big Bad has a different task that must be completed with the drop targets in order to defeat them. The tasks become progressively harder with each Big Bad.

Also, as a side note for the 2 modes above, both the collecting of weapons and lighting of vampire targets can be awarded via Skill Shot (via player selection) and or Willows Magic (the scoop, when lit).

As stated before, we are working on a nice write up of the rules with layout shot paths and what not. We should have that posted soon. Thanks again Frank for asking about the rules as I completely forgot to post up about them!

4 months later
#364 8 years ago

I see that "production planned" in the machine description. Has the license already been acquired? Who will produce this game. Sorry if these questions have already been covered. I am loving what I am seeing though. Great work!

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I see that "production planned" in the machine description. Has the license already been acquired? Who will produce this game. Sorry if these questions have already been covered. I am loving what I am seeing though. Great work!

Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately, under the machine description page there isn't an option for "no production planned" so I left it as the default "production planned". We do not have the license and there are no plans to produce these. Currently I am only planning to build 3 (for those involved in the project). If you have any other questions, please let me know!

2 weeks later
#366 8 years ago

They are multiplying!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#367 8 years ago

Very nice.

#368 8 years ago

Awesome!

#369 8 years ago

nice work, very cool for the team

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately, under the machine description page there isn't an option for "no production planned" so I left it as the default "production planned". We do not have the license and there are no plans to produce these. Currently I am only planning to build 3 (for those involved in the project). If you have any other questions, please let me know!

If I bought a copy of your autograph for $10,000 - can it come with a free machine?

#371 8 years ago

You know, I can play test these for you, if you want.

Still havent been invited over to play....

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If I bought a copy of your autograph for $10,000 - can it come with a free machine?

Hmmmm

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You know, I can play test these for you, if you want.
Still havent been invited over to play....

I should have #2 up and running by the weekend. If I do, you are more than welcome to swing by and give them a whirl.

#373 7 years ago

still bummed that one didn't make it to TPF this year...
So; three increases the chances - right?!

2 weeks later
#374 7 years ago

Those look awesome all in a row. Dream license for me, with there were someway to acquire one of these bad boys.

1 month later
#375 7 years ago

They look awesome lined up like that.

2 weeks later
#376 7 years ago

Buffy #2 is finally on it's way to Mocean (our programmer's) place in Boston! I got her all wrapped up last night and loaded her up this morning and she is on her way! Thanks again to Tommy (Tsskinne) for making the trip and taking extra special care of it for us!

IMG_2624_(resized).JPGIMG_2624_(resized).JPG

IMG_2625_(resized).JPGIMG_2625_(resized).JPG

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Buffy #2 is finally on it's way to Mocean (our programmer's) place in Boston! I got her all wrapped up last night and loaded her up this morning and she is on her way! Thanks again to Tommy (Tsskinne) for making the trip and taking extra special care of it for us!

There had been a change of plan. You should ship it to me.

Awesome job. Very jealous. I hope to see this at Pintastic next year.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I hope you play it there, too.

This year got out of hand but the plan is to have it there next year.

#379 7 years ago

So... this means that one of you ARE going to make the trip to TPF in 2017... right?
: squinty eyes :

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So... this means that one of you ARE going to make the trip to TPF in 2017... right?
: squinty eyes :

Would love to be there!

#381 7 years ago

She looks happy in her new home!

IMG_2675_(resized).JPGIMG_2675_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#382 7 years ago

There probably is a way to get these machines to serious collectors without getting in trouble. Instead of sell a game, rent it to club members. Charge $3,000/year to be a member of BVS and collect the first 5 years rent up front.... Just sayin, there are ways to get this to serious collectors... I would be interested.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

There probably is a way to get these machines to serious collectors without getting in trouble. Instead of sell a game, rent it to club members. Charge $3,000/year to be a member of BVS and collect the first 5 years rent up front.... Just sayin, there are ways to get this to serious collectors... I would be interested

Where will all of the donor S.O.F's come from ?

#384 7 years ago

Glad to see it all set up and home!

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Glad to see it all set up and home!

Thank you for bringing it home!!

I had no idea what you went through at the border until I heard the episode... Yikes. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The machine is even more beautiful in person than it looks in pictures. Dave has done a masterful job on this machine. I could probably shave in the reflection of the playfield's clearcoat. I owe him a lot of code, and there aren't enough thanks in the world.

I've been silent as I've been busy working on code. It sure is easier to test code when you have a physical machine to run it on!! I'm overhauling the guts to run on SkeletonGame (which seems fair, since I wrote it to make other's lives easier coding games, I might as well get the benefits of it too), and SkeletonGame is getting a lot of updates as I go through the process, which should help others who are making games on it.

I'm sure we will post details about the rules and the shot map in the run up to expo.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thank you for bringing it home!!
I had no idea what you went through at the border until I heard the episode... Yikes. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
The machine is even more beautiful in person than it looks in pictures. Dave has done a masterful job on this machine. I could probably shave in the reflection of the playfield's clearcoat. I owe him a lot of code, and there aren't enough thanks in the world.
I've been silent as I've been busy working on code. It sure is easier to test code when you have a physical machine to run it on!! I'm overhauling the guts to run on SkeletonGame (which seems fair, since I wrote it to make other's lives easier coding games, I might as well get the benefits of it too), and SkeletonGame is getting a lot of updates as I go through the process, which should help others who are making games on it.
I'm sure we will post details about the rules and the shot map in the run up to expo.

Not a problem and well worth it. New code sounds awesome.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

There probably is a way to get these machines to serious collectors without getting in trouble. Instead of sell a game, rent it to club members. Charge $3,000/year to be a member of BVS and collect the first 5 years rent up front.... Just sayin, there are ways to get this to serious collectors... I would be interested.

Or I could just say...... If you have 15K to pony up for one, drop me a line. In the grand scheme of things I doubt there are many people willing to drop that kind of cash for one. Actually, most are expecting it to be a 6-7k game. That's simply just not the case. I have a detailed BOM for the 3rd one we are building and it is over that and counting already and that doesn't include any of my time. I think people forget that this isnt just your run of the mill retheme and that building a handful of things is a lot more expensive than building hundreds or thousands of them. At any rate, if there was someone that really wanted one bad enough, they would have contacted me stating so. That hasn't really happened, so I am thinking I don't have to worry about finding a good way to get more of these out there.....unless you have 15k to drop of course.

Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Where will all of the donor S.O.F's come from ?

I guess a few more would have to die. In all seriousness though, this game is so highly modified from an SOF that there are only a handful of pieces from the original game left in it. If these were to be made in a larger volume we would have these parts made rather than robbing them. Unfortunately some of these parts are unobtainium and, since we are not making this game in large volume, they are needed to be robbed for this game. Had these parts been available, games 2 and 3 would have been made without the sacrifice.

Quoted from Mocean:

You deserve that machine Michael! Your work has been, and continues to be, a large part of why this game is as good as it is. I may make it look the part, but you make it deliver where it counts!

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Not a problem and well worth it. New code sounds awesome.

Yes, a huge thank you for getting it there safely! I appreciate you willing to do it for us. It was a lot to ask of someone as, and I heard you mention in the podcast, having a machine like this under your protection can be a bit stressful. So thanks again for making the trip with it!

#388 7 years ago

Wow I love stories like this and its so great that Michael has a machine now to see your awesome work and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Well done guys!

#389 7 years ago

Latest addition to the machine. New topper thanks to Joe at Laseriffic! Also a shout out to jdoz2 for putting up with me and the many changes I had you do to it!

IMG_2740_(resized).JPGIMG_2740_(resized).JPG

IMG_2744_(resized).JPGIMG_2744_(resized).JPG

#390 7 years ago

^^^^^^^ Hell yes, nice topper Dave! I LOVE Joe's laser work for toppers.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Unfortunately some of these parts are unobtainium

that drop target bank is certainly impossible to find, as i have tried. The diverter assembly is also in that boat. Not sure off the top of my head what else is unobtainium, but those two alone would be pretty expensive to re-make.

#392 7 years ago

The cabinets turned out great!

Thank you for letting us be a part of your project. I want to play it now!

PS - Your panel will be shipping out tomorrow!

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

that drop target bank is certainly impossible to find, as i have tried. The diverter assembly is also in that boat. Not sure off the top of my head what else is unobtainium, but those two alone would be pretty expensive to re-make.

Yes those are the 2 biggies. Then there is the injection molded housing around the drops and mini injection molder ramp behind it that would need to be remade. Although those could be redesigned and made differently. The mini playfield flipper bat is non existent, etc,etc. It would not be cheap that is for sure!

Quoted from NoahFentz:

The cabinets turned out great!
Thank you for letting us be a part of your project. I want to play it now!
PS - Your panel will be shipping out tomorrow!

No problem Paul! Thanks for your help with these. The cabinet quality is superb!

#394 7 years ago

Everything Can be Remade or Redesigned if you Know a Guy. LOL

#395 7 years ago

Oh and love that topper Nice touch man

#396 7 years ago

I'd want a topper saying - "Once More With Feeling"

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Hah, do a whole second pin as the musical episode theme. Or have a few hidden modes with some musical numbers.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes let's get Buffy to Pintastic 2017! I have a special spot ready for her.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hah, do a whole second pin as the musical episode theme. Or have a few hidden modes with some musical numbers.

It was an amazing episode for most Buffy fans. I do have a Swords Of Fury sitting in pieces in my garage.

But it might be better as a re-theme fro AC/DC. When the ball drains Buffy sings "I was in heaven".

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Quoted from Taxman:

It was an amazing episode for most Buffy fans. I do have a Swords Of Fury sitting in pieces in my garage.
But it might be better as a re-theme fro AC/DC. When the ball drains Buffy sings "I was in heaven".

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, it was a great episode! I will have to figure out some fun ways to incorporate it. Problem is there are SO many great episodes it is hard to include everything seamlessly. We will do our best though! I do have some ideas for some episode specific modes that can be earned or achieved so maybe I can come up with one for OMWF as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.