IMG_3074 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_2801_(resized).JPG
IMG_2744_(resized).JPG
IMG_2740_(resized).JPG
IMG_2675_(resized).JPG
IMG_2624_(resized).JPG
IMG_2625_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 10 years ago

****We will have 2 Buffy machines at The Texas Pinball Festival this year! Please stop by and give them a play if you are there!****

Hey guys! I am a huge fan of all things Whedon with Buffy being one of my biggest passions. So I decided to make my own BTVS pinball. I have started a retheme project and wanted to share it with you guys. It is still in the very early stages and far from being completed, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it so far and any input you may have for me. You can read more about it on the P-ROC forums here: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?board=34.0 or on my web page www.BuffyPinball.com. Below is some basic info on the game. Thanks for looking!

- Game name: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Manufacturer name: BuffyPinball.com
- Machine type: SS
- Production run: 3
- Game type: Home-brew
- Design team for the following roles:
Concept: Dave Nelson
Game Design:Dave Nelson
Software Design: Michael Ocean
Animations and Display: Michael Ocean
Artwork, Cabinet: Vlad Strajnic
Artwork, Playfield: John Dozier
Sound and Music: Dave Nelson, Michael Ocean

small_BG.jpgsmall_BG.jpg
photo 1 (10).JPGphoto 1 (10).JPG
Clear SF 7.JPGClear SF 7.JPG
// Error: Image 300546 not found //
BuffyPlayfieldFinalFlatSmall.pngBuffyPlayfieldFinalFlatSmall.png
IMG_9797.JPGIMG_9797.JPG

IMG_0887-3.jpgIMG_0887-3.jpg
IMG_0982-1.jpgIMG_0982-1.jpg

buffy_pinball_side.pngbuffy_pinball_side.png

#2 10 years ago

Great job on the cabinet and translite so far. Looking forward in seeing how this progresses.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Great job on the cabinet and translite so far. Looking forward in seeing how this progresses.

Ditto

#4 10 years ago

So was the pf in pretty good condition previously?

#5 10 years ago

Cool. I too am a huge Whedon fan, too bad it is too old with not enough wide appeal to ever get a commercial machine done. I agree with the great job on cab and translite.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatsaKicker:

So was the pf in pretty good condition previously?

The playfield was in Ok shape. I wouldn't say it was good. It has 5 or 6 inserts that are missing artwork and a few that are sunk in that will need to be releveled.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatsaKicker:

So was the pf in pretty good condition previously?...

Better to re-theme it then throw it in the trash....great idea Nelly...looking forward to more updates along the way

#8 10 years ago

Fair enough. Can't help but feel sad when I see rethemes.
Good theme though. And good artwork and website too.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Cool. I too am a huge Whedon fan, too bad it is too old with not enough wide appeal to ever get a commercial machine done. I agree with the great job on cab and translite.

If I ever do another retheme it will be a Firefly one! I am Browncoat for life! Love your avatar!

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the input guys! I know I will get flack for retheming a SOF, being semi rare and all, but I wanted to use a game that was inexpensive with a great layout and that was fun to play. That coupled with the fact I needed the layout to work with my theme, didn't leave me with a lot of options out there.

#11 10 years ago

No flack from me. Just personal opinions/preferences
Takes big dreams and a lot of effort to do any semi large project let alone something like this.
So for that you have my respect!

#12 10 years ago

It will make your life a lot easier if you base all the callouts on the episode 'Hush' ...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It will make your life a lot easier if you base all the callouts on the episode 'Hush' ...

Hush miltiball. In which the whole game goes silent. Except for jackpots where you hear a scream and you see a Gentelmens head explode on the display!

#14 10 years ago

Early seasons badass Spike is a must. Not that tool he was when he got a soul.

#15 10 years ago

I'd prefer Angel, as it was the much better show. Good Luck!

#16 10 years ago

I am so impressed by you guys who pull this off. It scares me to even think about putting new decals on my IJ!

#17 10 years ago

I don't see Caleb on there anywhere..... (Seeing as how NF is so big in the Whedonverse)

You should make it a 6 or 7 ball game and have a LITZ type crazy multiball at the end, the Potentials Multiball!

#18 10 years ago

Whedon's a genius. I think Angel was his best work but Buffy is in my all time top 20 favorite shows too. Great stuff.

#19 10 years ago

Looks cool so far. Now get to work on the Firefly one.

#20 10 years ago

Nice work! Pictures look great though I'd love to cartoon style artwork on the playfield a la BSD. I'd never be able to get my sister off a Buffy pin; she loved that show.

#21 10 years ago

Great to see this thread! I have been wanting to do a Buffy retheme for my wife for years.... never really got past the planning stage (seems like that is the way for most of my projects).

Look forward to progress updates.

#22 10 years ago

Nice...but needs more Cordelia...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#23 10 years ago

I bought the virtualPC pinball Buffy The Vampire Slayer back in the early 2000's. The callouts were a little repetitive but it featured the bad Spike.

#24 10 years ago

What pin did this use to be?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Angel is your answer to more Cordelia.

#26 10 years ago

Looks really awesome, great job! Keep us posted on your progress!

#27 10 years ago

Looks nice, the True Blood fans will be pissed.

#29 10 years ago

Awesome start. Can't wait to see it when done.

LTG : )

#30 10 years ago

This looks very neat - thanks for sharing.

Could you outline the materials/equipment/procedure used for creating the translite and cabinet decals?

Also, what is a "MarkS Driver Board"?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I don't see Caleb on there anywhere..... (Seeing as how NF is so big in the Whedonverse)
You should make it a 6 or 7 ball game and have a LITZ type crazy multiball at the end, the Potentials Multiball!

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Both Caleb and Cordelia should make their way onto the playfield art.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Nice work! Pictures look great though I'd love to cartoon style artwork on the playfield a la BSD. I'd never be able to get my sister off a Buffy pin; she loved that show.

Thanks! I haven't decided what style artwork I will use on the playfield yet. I would love to do more of a cartoon style, but this would be more expensive as someone would have to draw it all up verses using existing images. I have also thought of using season 8 and 9 comic style artwork, but I am really on the fence about it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

This looks very neat - thanks for sharing.
Could you outline the materials/equipment/procedure used for creating the translite and cabinet decals?
Also, what is a "MarkS Driver Board"?

I used a company called Game on Grafix. They have a design team that will work with you and help design anything you can possibly dream up for graphics. They also print out the artwork on the proper materials for the side art and translite. I go into pretty good detail about it on my web page. Go to www.buffypinball.com and hover your cursor over "The Build" and then click on "Artwork".

This game is being controlled by a pinball controllers P-ROC board. This board was not designed to work with System 11 games. MarkS is a extremely bright fellow from the UK that designed a board that would allow the P-ROC to be compatible with System 11 games. More info on this can be read here: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=542.0

#34 10 years ago

Pretty cool - thanks.

How will you go about creating and printing the playfield art?

#35 10 years ago

Depending on what type of graphics I end up using I have a couple different Graphic designers I can work with. Basically, I will send them a full size scan of the playfield and they can use this to apply their work to. Once the design is complete I will have the artwork printed out on an overlay and apply it to the playfield. Same way that Brian (Betelgeuse here on the forum) did for his Ghostbusters pinball playfield.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks nice, the True Blood fans will be pissed.

Naw they'll just buy it from him and rename it, same shit diff'rent machine

#37 10 years ago

I upgraded the sound system in The Buffy pinball a couple of days ago and it sounds FANTASTIC!! For more info and pics please visit my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/BuffyPinball

#38 10 years ago

Are you bringing this to Expo? I can't wait to see/play this in person.

#39 10 years ago

Probably not. Unfortunately it will be nowhere near completed and probably still play like a SOF at that point. You're close enough though. When its up and running with its own code you can swing by and check it out.

#40 10 years ago

I've had a few people ask about the computer set up and for pictures of the inside of the cabinet, so I made a quick video showing how it is laid out.

#41 10 years ago

I like the fact you just used the computer's primary display as the DMD. Way more to work with. The fact you have pinMAME running a real PF is slick. I know it's been done before, but actually pulling it off is an incredible feat. Hell, it's a challenge with Visual Pinball to begin with.

#42 10 years ago

Looking cool so far. Best mod going for SOF =)

#43 10 years ago

Congrats, Nelly. Fantastic work so far. I can't wait to see (and play) your new rules!

Quoted from s1500:

I like the fact you just used the computer's primary display as the DMD. Way more to work with. The fact you have pinMAME running a real PF is slick. I know it's been done before, but actually pulling it off is an incredible feat. Hell, it's a challenge with Visual Pinball to begin with.

We (Mark S, Eli, and I) have integrated P-ROC support into the official pinmame source tree (in a p-roc branch). So you should be able to run original rules on any physical WPC, Stern Whitestar, or system-11 playfield using a P-ROC and pinmame (and Mark S's P-ROC-to-sys11 interface board for sys11 games).

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com

2 months later
#44 10 years ago

This Absolutely made my day, hell, my YEAR yesterday!

photo.PNGphoto.PNG

#45 10 years ago

My wife and I were big Buffy fans. The artwork is great.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

That's awesome!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

photo.PNG 501 KB

That's cool as hell, I used to love that show when it was on and SMG was the best.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

That is really cool No doubt you're gonna get a lot of fan encouragement now!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

photo.PNG 501 KB

that's even more epic than living in the same city as wayne *and* garth (as well as being home of the legendary stan mikita's

donuts650.jpgdonuts650.jpg

#50 10 years ago

TAKE MY MONEY!!

Seriously, I want this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.