(Topic ID: 220530)

Buffalo pinball and jack danger/deadflip. What gives?

By Doctor6

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So my two favorite YouTubers (dont freak out zach, I love sdtm too) have some sort of feud. I didn't know that until i watched a video of buffalo pinball that someone commented on it how they never talk. So what happened, exactly? These two groups both seem like super duper cool guys. Anyone know what happened?

#2 5 years ago

Well for one thing Dead Flip called them out for their shitty IFPA coverage this year. Something along the lines of "if you're going to do that bad of a job it's better to not try", but I don't have the link handy

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, Im not a fan of what deadflip said either. Just wasnt needed.

#4 5 years ago

Whole bunch of sex stuff obviously.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Well for one thing Dead Flip called them out for their shitty IFPA coverage this year. Something along the lines of "if you're going to do that bad of a job it's better to not try", but I don't have the link handy

Hmmm.... that was rude. That doesn't seem like Jack, from what we know via his videos. Thanks for clearing it up.

#6 5 years ago

It really wasn't that rude, what he said. In essence, he said if pinball is going to be taken seriously professionals and not hobbyists should film/cover main events.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

It really wasn't that rude, what he said. In essence, he said if pinball is going to be taken seriously professionals and not hobbyists should film/cover main events.

So I don’t get to watch important tournaments until ESPN ditches cornhole?

I saw the original post and thought it was pretty out of character. To anyone paying attention to the lead up to the event, it was well known that the internet was not the best and that the PAPA equipment wasn’t going to be aimed every game. It was what it was and I got to see the best multiball start I’ve ever seen on an AFM because of the Buffalo guys.

#8 5 years ago

Buffalo guys did a good job under difficult circumstances, and without them there would be NO video documentation of 2018 ifpa.

There are no “professionals” in Pinball streaming, and there’s no “taking Pinball seriously.”

At this point it’s just a bunch of people providing streaming coverage to a bunch of other people who have an interest in it and a ton more people who can’t stop telling us how boring streamed Pinball is and how nobody cares about it. Until that changes any adequate coverage is good coverage.

Buffalo’s coverage was adequate. Just watch the final couple rounds if you don’t believe me.

#9 5 years ago

No poll?!

#10 5 years ago

No, but I'm working on a graph or two.

#11 5 years ago

Then there’s this. Not sure if this is related to the OPs subject, but it kinda seems like it might be.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

After all, pinball players are professional athletes.......

#13 5 years ago

I saw that video he made and thought it was awesome. If that was his "shots fired," then buffalo pinball needs to chill out.

#14 5 years ago

Bottom line is that pinball is difficult to film well and people do this out out of love. I appreciate all of those people that bring us pinball content and I would like to thank each and every one of you for making pinball such a great hobby.

#15 5 years ago

No way to get really good and experience at streaming an event without doing it first. I thought the coverage is great. Lighting depends on the venue and is one of the challenges. Then there is the video mixing and commentary. Not easy.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I got to see the best multiball start I’ve ever seen on an AFM because of the Buffalo guys.

My interest is piqued. Is this online somewhere that I can watch?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

My interest is piqued. Is this online somewhere that I can watch?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffalo-pinball-and-jack-danger-deadflip-what-gives?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.