(Topic ID: 132081)

Budget build visual/future pinball cabinet

By Star_Gazer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

visual_pinball_cabinet_07.jpg
    Unity_3d__pinball.jpg
    103_4720.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_06.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_05.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_04.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_03.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_02.jpg
    visual_pinball_cabinet_01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

That's a really sweet and simple build. I'm working on a 24" mini cab myself. I can't decide if I'm going to put legs on it or feet.

For your nudge, you can use a microsoft sidewinder gamepad. I've also seen where people make a nudge controller using an old tilt-bob.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18385

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

btw Unity Pinball has had a big update, looks awesome! http://www.unit3dpinball.net/
    Future pinball + Unity + Pinmame = UnityPinball

Unity_3d__pinball.jpg

It's actually named United(Unit3D) Pinball. The developers intent was to bring together the best parts of all the simulators under a new graphics engine. But since it runs on Unity they got creative but even the devs (2 guys from France) refer to it as Unity Pinball.

I've been having some trouble running the beta but I'm pretty sure my computer is most of the issue. Once they nail this down and add the head tracking I think it will be the best virtual pinball around.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Pretty sure about that! btw all the Unit3d machines play but 2, Elvira and indiana, what could be the problem.

I know there were some issues with the original beta tables and they had to tweak the table files. If you downloaded them last week when it came out I would try to download them again.

Also, make sure you have the correct ROM in the folder defined in your VPinMAME config, Also, some tables require the NVRAM files in the NVRAM folder, you can find these on VPFourms. Try restarting the table again, some of the williams games will create the NVRAM file the first time the ROM boots and you have to restart the machine in order for it to fully boot.

#18 8 years ago

It's Magic

But seriously a little more info like when it fails or an error message would have been helpful

Glad it's working, post some screens or pics/vid of it running on your cab.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/budget-build-visualfuture-pinball-cabinet?tu=nextopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.