8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Petra Jordan (resized).jpg
    India (resized).jpg
    Madagascar (resized).jpg
    Kenya Safari (resized).jpg
    Rwanda (resized).jpg
    egypt (resized).jpg
    peru (resized).jpg
    mf6u37-b781037538z.120121217102537000ggi1bjtjo.2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2693 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0323 (resized).JPG

#1 8 months ago

Who’s got a bucket list? 3 things that are on mine are 1.mardi gras..everything about this sounds right up my alley..
    2. Going to and playing St. Andrews..I love golfing, and this is on the list
    3. Being a self admitted ‘sports junkie’ I’m gonna make a trip to KC and watch my chiefs play maybe next year at Arrowhead.
    They’re playing in Seattle this year, but after checking out prices for tix, the commute and all..and especially being around Christmas...I’d rather spend my $ on a trip to KC!! What do you say pinheads..let’s hear some of your things on your bucket list..

#2 8 months ago

Go up north one day when the leaves are changing to their fall colors. Relive my 4th of July trip only at a different time.

A peak in the new Stern building.

LTG : )

#3 8 months ago

packers game lambeau field coldest day possible
    visit australia zoo and pay my respects to steve irwin
    learn to surf
    meet sophia loren

#4 8 months ago

Vegas, seeing an hbo pay per view boxing match

#5 8 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

I did that! Bills vd Packers in 2005 I think? Farve said after the game that it was the coldest game he ever played in. (sadly, the Bills lost )

#6 8 months ago

Not much I can think of I haven't already done.

I never have been to a Super Bowl but I think I'd rather watch it on TV than pay $2k anyway.

Did go to three of the four World Series Games though when the Angels beat the Giants and they won all three.

At $60 a ticket, I'd say we really got our money's worth.

#7 8 months ago

1) Beating all my pins, and solving all my toys

2) Egypt tour with family

3) Summer in Italy

4) Grandchildren

#8 8 months ago

Oktoberfest in Munich
    St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland
    Own a modern Ferrari
    Bang a supermodel
    Retire young so I could volunteer more

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not much I can think of I haven't already done.
    I never have been to a Super Bowl but I think I'd rather watch it on TV than pay $2k anyway.
    Did go to three of the four World Series Games though when the Angels beat the Giants and they won all three.
    At $60 a ticket, I'd say we really got our money's worth.

Remember it like it was yesterday! Loved the Angels and was a huge collector, I have lots of world series stuff kicking around the house. Didn't hurt my favorite player won the MVP award too!!

For me, Mardi-gras and a Saints home game would be top of the list right now.

#10 8 months ago

To stay away from the bucket for another 40 or 50 years or so and be active/independent while doing it.

#11 8 months ago

I need to see a redwood tree in person.

#12 8 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

Should be on every football fan's bucket list. No place like it!

#13 8 months ago

If I wasn't so fat and I didn't have a heart or back problem, I always wanted to climb a big mountain. Like Aconcagua or Kilimanjaro. Outside of that I want to see an "Old Firm" soccer match between Celtic and Rangers, the Derby between Manchester City and Manchester United as well as a match between Barcelona and Real Madrid at Camp Nou. So a lot of soccer stuff. All the bands I love are dead or too old to be worth seeing but I wouldn't mind getting tickets to the original Misfits if they ever do anymore concerts. Pinball wise, I will own a Quicksilver or a Warlok before I die.

#14 8 months ago

I don't have an official bucket list but I always wanted to see a bear in the wild in Wisconsin. Finally did a couple months back.

My other one is to buy a pinball in my home town. 14 years of collecting. Around 80 pinballs have come and gone and I've yet to buy one in Edgerton. I know there has to be some hidden basement gem around here somewhere.

I'm sure there are a few other things if I thought about it.

IMG_0323 (resized).JPG
    #15 8 months ago

Bucket list I've had since high school.

1- Cage diving with Great White shark(s)
    2- Skydive (complete)
    3- Visit Easter Island
    4- Visit a humane elephant sanctuary for a week

#16 8 months ago

Amazingly, I share a lot of the same things as you, OP. I don't necessarily have a concrete list, but going to New Orleans, playing St Andrews, and watching the Packers at Arrowhead are definitely in my top things to do.

Quoted from AlexF:

Around 80 pinballs have come and gone and I've yet to buy one in Edgerton.

I bought a Firepower from a guy in Edgerton one time. Easiest pin purchase of my life!

#17 8 months ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Pretty amazing they are. Especially the one that is cut out so you can drive right thru it.

#18 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pretty amazing they are. Especially the one that is cut out so you can drive right thru it.

The famous one fell last year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/09/508919216/iconic-sequoia-tunnel-tree-brought-down-by-california-storm

#19 8 months ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Great Idea - difficult to describe the feeling of standing next to something as big/old as these trees are.
    I'd also suggest a visit to the Giant Sequoias; they left even more of an impression on me than the redwoods did.

IMG_2693 (resized).jpg

#20 8 months ago

1) Own and then learn to fly a Paramotor
    2) Sail the Caribbean on a Catamaran
    3) Visit and Watch as many College Basketball Games in Historic gyms as possible (of the ones that are left) around the US

#21 8 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

The famous one fell last year.

Fall tree, just don't fall an me.

#22 8 months ago

OP, I played a couple rounds at the old course at St. Andrew's. Took a class at the university. The sandtraps are like caves! I'm not very good and it's always so windy by the beach. It was a blast to walk the course but a frustrating day of golf to say the least.

#23 8 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

If I wasn't so fat and I didn't have a heart or back problem, I always wanted to climb a big mountain.

I don't really have the urge to walk up a mountain, however a few years back I rode my mountain bike to the top of Saddleback mountain- twice.

It's not the tallest mountain in the world, but it's what we got.

Takes about 3-4 hours to get to the top, and about a half hour to get back down. Big fun!
    mf6u37-b781037538z.120121217102537000ggi1bjtjo.2 (resized).jpg

"Saddleback Mountain, at 5,687 feet above sea level, is only 1,000 feet lower than the highest mountain east of the Mississippi River. Reaching the summit is on many bucket lists. This shows the mountain lightly dusted with snow after a storm a few years ago."

#24 8 months ago
    #25 8 months ago

I'm glad I got through most of my bucket list when I was in my 30's, as circumstances has made it impossible to do now. I definitely suggest that people should try and cross as many things off their list as early as you can, because you never know what life will deal you.

I've lost track of how many countries I've visited but it's around 60-70 or so. Some of my highlights are

Visiting a remote village in the Amazon Jungle in Peru, and joining an authentic Carnival celebration with the villagers many who had never seen a white person before.

peru (resized).jpg

Travelling through Egypt, the second time with my wife an first son... While the Pyramids are awesome the temples at Karnak and Ambu Simbel are breathtaking. Here we bribed the police to allow us to take a picture with our son on his camel.

egypt (resized).jpg

Seeing mountain gorillas in the wild in Rwanda (a few minutes after I took this picture, the momma Gorilla charged at me, though veered off at the last minute and went about her business). That was one of the scariest moments in my life.

Rwanda (resized).jpg

Going on Safari in Kenya... We drove around a rock and this Lion was sitting there within 5' of our truck. We saw all of the big 5

Kenya Safari (resized).jpg

Visiting Madagscar. We spent a couple of nights in a hut on the beach on this small island off the coast of Madagascar, surrounded by Ruffed Lemurs. In 3 days, we never saw another tourist... just the occasional villager going out to sea in a canoe to fish. Total cost was $20/night for our own tropical island!

Madagascar (resized).jpg

Visiting India... getting to the Taj early in the morning so it was just us and the monkeys

India (resized).jpg

Visiting Jordan and seeing all the sites including Petra

Petra Jordan (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 229.99
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 24.00
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 25.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside