• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by oldtowner
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

1 month later
#2 21 days ago

Two new videos showing this game that I'm currently restoring. It's owned by a friend.

#3 21 days ago

That was some interesting videos. I would say, WOW! Just Wow! If it can be proven that that particular game was used in Tommy. Since it is an Imported pin, can not see it shipped to the California set of American Graffiti, then shipped again back to England. Can not wait to see more progress.

#4 21 days ago

That tip for using tape to clean the lower board is interesting. Thanks.

#5 21 days ago

Hi Darcy,

Re: "game used in American Graffiti / Tommy" - err, sorry, that was a joke. I must have been more convincing than I thought. Re: cleaning with tape trick - glad that was of interest.

#6 21 days ago

Two more installments of the Buckaroo project. It's coming along nicely.

1 week later
#7 13 days ago

Work continues.....

#8 13 days ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

Work continues.....

Buckaroo is the replay version of Buckaroo/CowPoke - those are match lights and a game over light below the animation scene in the backbox, not ball in play lights. This era game tracks the ball in play by the physical balls in the tray you view through the cutout in the lower apron. So you won't see those numbers light up until the end of the game...

Sean

#9 12 days ago

Hi Sean, Thanks for that! I probably played Buckaroo once or twice - but that would have been at least 30 and maybe 50 years ago, so it isn't
too fresh in my mind. Playfield is now totally stripped, cleaned, touched-up, and ready for polishing/waxing. More videos soon.

#10 11 days ago

Link to Part 10. The coil (for the horse movement) that I show isn't the right one - it should be an A-1496, which will soon be on order.

#11 5 days ago

More progress; cleaning and playfield touch-ups.

#12 5 days ago

Check the trough "Gate Switches." Adjusting may bring back to life the 2 rollovers between the flippers. On many Gottliebs, lower playfield rollovers or targets share the same common wire with one of these switches.

#13 5 days ago

Hi Boatcat, Many thanks for the suggestion. I think that one resolved itself. A few other problems, but I'm not switching on again
until cabinet painted and playfield put back in. (Playfield removed since last vid was made.) This will be my first time making stencils and spraying a cab, so lots of opportunities for mistakes! But we shall see.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 189.99
$ 9.95
$ 12.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,699.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 214.99
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside