• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oldtowner
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

1 month later
#2 5 years ago

Two new videos showing this game that I'm currently restoring. It's owned by a friend.

#3 5 years ago

That was some interesting videos. I would say, WOW! Just Wow! If it can be proven that that particular game was used in Tommy. Since it is an Imported pin, can not see it shipped to the California set of American Graffiti, then shipped again back to England. Can not wait to see more progress.

#4 5 years ago

That tip for using tape to clean the lower board is interesting. Thanks.

#5 5 years ago

Hi Darcy,

Re: "game used in American Graffiti / Tommy" - err, sorry, that was a joke. I must have been more convincing than I thought. Re: cleaning with tape trick - glad that was of interest.

#6 5 years ago

Two more installments of the Buckaroo project. It's coming along nicely.

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Work continues.....

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

Work continues.....

Buckaroo is the replay version of Buckaroo/CowPoke - those are match lights and a game over light below the animation scene in the backbox, not ball in play lights. This era game tracks the ball in play by the physical balls in the tray you view through the cutout in the lower apron. So you won't see those numbers light up until the end of the game...

Sean

#9 5 years ago

Hi Sean, Thanks for that! I probably played Buckaroo once or twice - but that would have been at least 30 and maybe 50 years ago, so it isn't
too fresh in my mind. Playfield is now totally stripped, cleaned, touched-up, and ready for polishing/waxing. More videos soon.

#10 5 years ago

Link to Part 10. The coil (for the horse movement) that I show isn't the right one - it should be an A-1496, which will soon be on order.

#11 5 years ago

More progress; cleaning and playfield touch-ups.

#12 5 years ago

Check the trough "Gate Switches." Adjusting may bring back to life the 2 rollovers between the flippers. On many Gottliebs, lower playfield rollovers or targets share the same common wire with one of these switches.

#13 5 years ago

Hi Boatcat, Many thanks for the suggestion. I think that one resolved itself. A few other problems, but I'm not switching on again
until cabinet painted and playfield put back in. (Playfield removed since last vid was made.) This will be my first time making stencils and spraying a cab, so lots of opportunities for mistakes! But we shall see.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buckaroo-new-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.