• Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BuckRogersSoundBoard.png
#1 4 years ago

My BR sound board is missing some sounds. Bench testing the components, resistor R17 is open. My game manual is on order but until it comes in, can someone tell me the value for it? Since this is a second gen System 1 sound board it is not in my System 1 troubleshooting manual.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from jojo97222:

resistor R17 is open... can someone tell me the value for it?

Resistor R17 on the Buck Rogers sound board is 270k ohms.

Buck Rogers C-19389 Sound Board SchematicBuck Rogers C-19389 Sound Board Schematic

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from jojo97222:

My BR sound board is missing some sounds. Bench testing the components, resistor R17 is open. My game manual is on order but until it comes in, can someone tell me the value for it? Since this is a second gen System 1 sound board it is not in my System 1 troubleshooting manual.

If one or more sound is not playing, like 10pt sounds never work, and/or tilt sound never works, make sure the signal makes it to the sound board and goes through the 7404 chip. You could stick a logic probe on the right side points of the 7404 as shown on schematic and make sure you get a pulse when the sound should play. Might need an extra set of hands or clips to trigger PF switches while working/watching the logic probe.

Rough bench test of the 7404 would be DMM on diode test, red lead on ground. Black lead check the 7404 legs (1, 2, 13, 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 10) and see if any read 0.00 or infinity. Generally would would want to see about 0.4v or so on the right side output pins. Not a fool proof test, but each circuit should test about the same and if you find a pin shorted to ground internally through the chip its definitely bad. The input side, left has pullup resistor which will effect the diode test, but if if one is shorted you will still notice its different from the rest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buck-rogers-sound-board-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.