Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160914_190642 (resized).jpg
20160914_155407 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

This target on my buck rogers won't respond. The switch turns on all the bonus lights but the coil that releases the target won't engage.

20160914_155407 (resized).jpg20160914_155407 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

try grounding the single wired end of the coil

#3 7 years ago

That did not do the trick. I notice the lights do not light up with the corresponding position of the arm.

20160914_190642 (resized).jpg20160914_190642 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

You do realize there is supposed to be a messenger ball in there for the ball in play to hit. As I recall, it doesn't do anything until the messenger ball settles back onto that roll over switch.

#5 7 years ago

Yes I took the ball out because the field is up and I wanted to be able to reset the arm with out the ball pushing back. When the ball is settle in its place I still don't get a reaction. And now the "B" switch in buck is not activating. I wonder if the motherboard is just going bad . Would none know where I can find replacement parts? This is my first pinball project

#6 7 years ago

Is it the original System 1 MPU board? Does it still have a nicad battery on board?

Batteries leak and outgas thereby eating up traces and corroding the pins inside the connectors along the bottom.

Search System 1 repairs. There is plenty if info on the net about it.

#7 7 years ago

I agree with CactusJack. System 1 repair information is pretty plentiful, as it has become a notoriously unreliable game architecture.

Pinwiki has good information, as does pinrepair.com. There's a lot of bulletproofing that needs to be done to these games to ensure their reliability. If you eventually find that a new CPU board is needed, there are plenty of options from Wi-Numph and Pascal.

#8 7 years ago

I will definitely look into all of this. Thank you.

It has new batteries in it but the machine is new to me so I don't know if they had just been swapped or what kind of neglect the board has been through. I will say it is the only board that is not new inside of it.

#9 7 years ago

Under section 2d, Clay has an excellent photo of what battery damage can do to the edge connector fingers on the back side of the board.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/#battery

The same damage can occur to the metal pins inside the connectors and therefore, my be required to be replaced on at least the two bottom connectors on the left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 7.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buck-rogers-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.