Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pascal_J
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

HI I recently picked up a very nice buck rogers. It has the all in one pascal board installed. Very happy with the machine but not being familiar with this machine the 20 thousand light in the bonus light area is staying on all the time including in attract mode , is this supposed to do this.i had a similar problem with a pinball pool machine in regards to the 5 light being on all the time and my pin tech I use fixed that issue by replacing a chip . the pinball pool machine also had the pascal all in one board as well . Any help would be great. Thanks

6 months later
#2 2 years ago

Bump! I'm having the exact same issue on Buck Rogers with a Pascal all-in-one board: 20k bonus light stuck on. Is this a known issue with the board?

#3 2 years ago

Hi yancy,i ended up getting my pin tech over to fix the issue.after calling him and telling him about the light staying on all the time he said he new what the issue was and that he had been doing a lot more repairs on these boards recently.I cannot remember which one it was but he replaced a chip again,the same repair that was required for the pp machine.No big deal really as I am very happy with these boards.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Bump! I'm having the exact same issue on Buck Rogers with a Pascal all-in-one board: 20k bonus light stuck on. Is this a known issue with the board?

Had the same issue on a Pinball Pool and a Count-Down. Here is Pascal's reply to my message to him. I bought like a dozen of the needed chips online for just a few bucks so now have spares.

Insert #5 on pinball pool and « 20,000 » bonus on countdown are both lit by lamp 33 output.

regarding CPU-driven lamps (L5 thru L36) which are always on, always off or dimly lit:
those lamps are driven by ULN2803 that go by pairs:

L5 thru L12 : U18/U21 above A3J5 connector
L13 thru L20 : U12/U15 above A3J5 connector
L21 thru L28 : U19/U23 above A3J3 connector
L29 thru L36 : U13/U17 above A3J3 connector --> your case

In case of LAMPS ALWAYS ON or DIMLY LIT :

turn the pinball game off, remove one of those 2 chips (no matter which one) then turn the game on: if the faulty lamps are now off, that chip is faulty and must be replaced.
otherwise (lamps still lit), remove the 2nd chip.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks! The ULN2803A chip is definitely my problem. I pulled U13 and the stuck 20k light was off.

1 year later
#6 1 year ago

hello gentlemen
on my all-in-one PI-1 X4 board, most lamps are driven by groups of 8.
you will find all the information in this FAQ about how to test a defective output and replace the parts (which are socketed = easy to replace):
https://www.flippp.com/faq/F108

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
$ 289.00
$ 4.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.95
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside