2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gotemwill
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ECF5BFC3-8C25-40F0-BBBA-C17FE49CDFAD (resized).jpeg
    deeea1b9c2e22a63af66f7ae1b312d8215620c3c (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Can anyone with a Gottlieb Buccaneer confirm whether the mini-post near the spinner has a wood screw base or is threaded to accept a nut underneath? PBR sells both types and mine is missing.

http://www.pbresource.com/postscrew.html

Thanks!

deeea1b9c2e22a63af66f7ae1b312d8215620c3c (resized).jpgdeeea1b9c2e22a63af66f7ae1b312d8215620c3c (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Just lift your PF and see if the hole goes all the way thru. You would see the imprint of a lock washer if it had one that took a nut.

#3 2 years ago

There is a hole but it barely pokes through the other side with no indication of a fastener being there. Inconclusive.

#4 2 years ago

Should be wood screw. Nutted would get in the way of the spinner contraption.

#5 2 years ago

Yup, just wood screw.

#6 2 years ago

I didn’t even think to check this but the play board information in the owners manual confirms that it is a mini post screw part number A14792.

Thanks all!

1 month later
    #7 2 years ago

I am getting around to putting a new spinner post on my playfield. I ordered the correct post from PBR (A-15705 mini-post screw). Looking at the playfield hole, it doesn’t look like this Sample game ever had one installed.

Are there any precautions I need to take when screwing this in for the first time? The screw base looks slightly larger than the hole and I’m worried about chipping or cracking the paint around it.

ECF5BFC3-8C25-40F0-BBBA-C17FE49CDFAD (resized).jpegECF5BFC3-8C25-40F0-BBBA-C17FE49CDFAD (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buccaneer-spinner-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.