• Latest reply 2 years ago by Aulantern
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

I know..I know..I know. This has been documented before. I have tried everything , other than the thing that is causing it. I have the Schematics and buzzed out everything from Score Motor to the (O) relay and the Ball count Unit . I cant find any issues.
There is one thing , ( probably more ), that is not working , and I cannot get the ball count to change from 5 to 3. I move the Jones switch from right to left nothing happens.
Reading up on Dirtflipper's post this may be a problem?
Does anyone have a "end of Game" sequence for this machine? That may help me.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.. I am stuck in the old EM "cant fixey" loop....

#2 4 years ago

I'm not quite sure what your symptom is. Is it "extra ball after game over" or "I cannot get the ball count to change from 5 to 3". And I don't know what that second one means either.

#3 4 years ago

Read DirtFlipper’s post very carefully. It explains in detail what exactly happens at the end of the game on a replay wedgehead like your Buccaneer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-the-“extra-ball-after-game-over”-in-a-gottlieb-single-player-em

I helped somebody with a similar problem a couple years ago. Some of the troubleshooting tips might help you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-extra-dead-ball

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys for getting back. HowardR.. Sorry must be my Aussie Accent . After ball 5 drains . It kicks another ball into the shooter lane. Machine is now in "Game Over" mode....ball is dead. 3/5 ball. I cannot get the machine to change from 5 ball to 3 ball play. Maybe it is a clue to my issues?
Thanks leckmech. I will read over your thread and see what i come up with....Cheers!

#5 4 years ago

All sorted ...Thank you leckmeck. It turned out to be a contact on the "0" relay. I initially checked all contacts manually....they were fine. It appears when it was trying to operate via the coil it was not making a proper connection. Now no 6th ball and I can now adjust from 5 ball to 3 ball. Man! Things are obvious in hindsight.
Cheers again.

1 year later
#6 2 years ago

Here we go again!
I sold my 1st Buccaneer a while ago, ( I one I got going all those month ago) . Another Buccaneer came up for sale an I brought her. It was working fine until the same problem occurred...It kicks out a 6th ball after the game. Probably not relevant but on the warmer days it seem to work ok,colder days it plays up. That is why i have been switches.As i thought I would not see another Buccaneer again. I sold the first one with the Schematics without copying it. Not too smart hey!
I reckon I have checked everything . The "O" relay, the motor switches, the ball count unit . They all appear fine. I am obviously missing something.
So when the 5th ball drains it kicks out past the second trough switch which end the game,kills the playfield and leaves the ball in the shooter lane.
If I could get a look at the section of the schematic that controls that the "End of game" that would be handy, as would any advise.I have re read all the previous posts I could find on this .I am struggling.

thank you in advance

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Aulantern:

If I could get a look at the section of the schematic that controls that the "End of game" that would be handy

There is no End of Game relay. Instead, the Ball Count unit 6th position switch takes care of that.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 2 years ago

The time is critical between the movement of the ball count unit and the score motor switch. Make sure the ball count unit is clean and moves smoothly to the last position. Pay careful attention to when the 6th position switch opens. There’s a difference between opening when the plunger is pulled in vs. closing when the plunger releases and lets the disc step to the next position. Check the gaps on those motor switches in the path.

That was one of the first problems that I fought with on our top card game, but I’ve run into plenty of similar issues since then. Sorry that I can’t be more specific, but the info in this thread and related ones all helps to figure out your particular case.

Good luck,
Dave

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

There is no End of Game relay. Instead, the Ball Count unit 6th position switch takes care of that.
[quoted image]

HowardR...You are a great help ,( as always).
Regards Paul

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

The time is critical between the movement of the ball count unit and the score motor switch. Make sure the ball count unit is clean and moves smoothly to the last position. Pay careful attention to when the 6th position switch opens. There’s a difference between opening when the plunger is pulled in vs. closing when the plunger releases and lets the disc step to the next position. Check the gaps on those motor switches in the path.
That was one of the first problems that I fought with on our top card game, but I’ve run into plenty of similar issues since then. Sorry that I can’t be more specific, but the info in this thread and related ones all helps to figure out your particular case.
Good luck,
Dave

Thanks Dave,
It is driving me mad as I know the answer is looking at me in the face .I will re check every thing again.. It is frustrating but still good fun ...If that makes sense.

#11 2 years ago

This machine is officially giving me the "You know whats". The Six ball issue has settled down now the Spin and Spot doing the spin thing but does not register when it lands on a number. If I manually active the "F" coil it does.( measuring 9.2 Ohms) I doesn't seem to be getting the message to do its thing. I apologize for bothering you guys so much .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buccaneer-extra-ball-after-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.