9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey pinheads. My first go at an em so keep that in mind. This game hasn't been played in possibly 20 years. I just finished shopping it out. I can start a game, the score reels zero out and the ball gets ejected and lights ball 1 in play. Now the only scores that will register are the slingshots, the 2 yellow bumpers near the bottom of the Playfield as well as the other 4 switches behind rubbers. So all the switches at the top, pop bumpers and everything else make the noises that it's been struck but no points are awarded. Now on ball 2 everything gives me points as I believe it should. I have other issues but I'll keep it to this for know.
Thanks for any suggestions. No suggestions are too basic guys. Might be something extremely dumb!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Is the game set on 3-ball play or 5-ball play?

Happens with either. I'll get back to you tonight about the other question. One other thing, on ball one if you tap one of the targets bull the Bulls eye markings on it, it doesn't award points. If you hold it, it will but only 100 or 10 points I forget. On ball 2 it gives you 500 like it should.
Also when I said it makes the noises, I mean whatever that's called in the bottom of the cab that turns, the chimes do not make a noise.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And on Ball 1, are all of those just 10 point targets? So none of the 100 point targets work until Ball 2?

Ok. Sorry took so long. On ball 1. None of the "numbered" targets score. For example the 5 switches at the top, 4 mid Playfield and the 2 inland and 2 outlines. All bumpers are scoring now. Also those 2 bulls eye targets are not scoring unless I hold the target then it scores 100?? Should be 500.

#6 9 years ago

Again they do make the device in the bottom of the cab turn. No scoring or chimes

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ok. What value are they scoring though? 10 pts or 100 pts?

All the switches behind rubber are scoring 10. The bumpers are scoring 100 unless their lit, than 1000. I think that's all correct since they score the same on ball 2

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ok, now I think I understand.
On Ball 1, the playfield features that are worth 500 or 5000 points cause the score motor to run, but no points are scored. But on Ball 2, everything seems to work OK. Is that correct?
When on Ball 1 and one of those features are scored, can you observe if the D or E relays are activated? (might have to raise the playfield to watch those.)

Ah yeah. That would of been a lot easier way to say it! LOL. Yes the relays are working as they should, the e relay is first when lit then when not lit the d relay goes. As it should.

#12 9 years ago

Think I'm onto something here. When I slightly move the device in the lower right of the back box which moves when each ball is drained I was able to make a 500 point score. I'm not moving it far enough to hit the ball 2 contact though. image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That's the Ball Count unit.
The thing is though, I don't see any correlation between the Ball Count unit and the 500/5000 pt scoring specifically. There are two switches on the backside of it that both need to be closed in order for the playfield scoring to work in general, but nothing that isolates/blocks just the 500/5000.
But if you're moving it and it's working, then maybe those switches are intermittent or something.
As a spot check, after the game resets and ball 1 is ready to play, which rivet is the top contact of that wiper disc sitting on? (There are six across the top stationary disc, 1 through 6 going left to right in your picture.)

It's on the first contact. Those switches on the back are exactly what's wrong!! As it goes into ball 2 and so on the switches get more relaxed and make better contact. My guess is that the game was sitting for 20 years with that switch being held open and warping it a bit. This is great news, and it's even my birthday. (For another 40 minutes). I need to adjust that one switch just a hair. See how things go tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help! Might not be done with you yet though. Have to see if that continuous scoring still happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buccaneer-ball-1-problem?tu=Fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.