9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Working on my friends Gottlieb Buccaneer last night. He had lost a contact (nib) off one of the switches in the "P" Spinner Relay and the game would spin the yellow advance light but not award the number.

No problem with soldering a contact back on but then I spend another hour and a half trying to figure out why it still would not work as is should....

- Reassembled the relay (cleaned it first)...... nothing

- Tried to follow path to other relays (not my strong suit).....nothing

- Wondered if it was maybe a bad capacitor or rectifier (cleaned the Jones type plug as I did not have spare parts).........nothing

- Finally noticed the the relay armature was not moving very freely. I dis and reassembled again.... nothing

- Took a bunch of notes in preparation of sending in request for help on Pinside and right before I closed up the game told the guy - "let me switch springs with one from another relay, it probably won't matter, but I'm here"......BINGO - game works perfectly!

Hopefully a lesson to me to look for the simplest issue first. We had a good laugh though.

As goofy as this was, still illustrates why I like EM repair - if you stare at it long enough, a potential fix (usually) comes to mind!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buccaneer-and-occams-razor?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.