Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190727_185827 (resized).jpg
    MV5BN2YxYWMyOTYtZDM3NS00NGU0LWEwZTQtZmRmZGUyNDM5NzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,29,303,170_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (
    6BB9644E-05C1-4021-A53C-42535D1036E6 (resized).jpeg
    FA83A7E1-D625-42F1-A4CD-4887A70AB67F (resized).png
    6EF57D42-6353-4D1C-BA45-A8EBC700FA90 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

Ok, while I don’t have much to share in your lament other then that sucks I do have a few things to share that I learned myself this past week. The first being never judge a book by its cover (or at least the Long written pages of said book lol). I had the opportunity to meet the Bubble man himself at TPF with my wife and I am honored to say he is a Really great guy. Big in stature yet humble at heart. A gentle giant if you will. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with him and learned many wonderful things about his journeys and accomplishements. A truly interesting person we are Glad we met. Plus he like my son Proudly served our Navy so we can enjoy our freedom to bitch about pinball. Lol. I do hope you find your game or a dealer that will get the job done for you. Just wanted to say Thank you for letting us know the Real Bublehead and sharing your time with us, your a really great dude!

3 months later
    #50 4 years ago

Still one of the most detailed emotional posters in Pinside. You go Bublehead hope your liking that game finally!

#53 4 years ago

Some interesting points to ponder no doubt. I have always felt it was more or less up to the individual and also their threshold for dispensable cash. Kind of like driving a Kia to work vs a Mercedes. Or eating on china vs paper plates. Both complete the same objective no question but some see and feel a value in some things over others. Which is not wrong. If you work hard for your family and misc luxuries there is no harm in investing in what can make you feel good. Sometimes that investment is simply Time. Long ago I used to LOVE tearing down a dirty, smoking, infested game for the challenge of seeing if I could get it working and or cleaning it up for a new lease on life. Many times as game specific parts were hard to find (like restoring an old car) the end result would be break even at best but the sense of Accomplishment is what inspired you to hunt for that next challenge! For me, over time I started to more value Time with family, friends, events, etc and opted to buy games that were more polished or needing little effort to still enjoy the amazing game yet not be committed to it for weeks on end to solve its history of accumulated problems and smells. lol Thats the part of pinball I actually enjoy (which sadly many overlook). Its a Personal feeling and enjoyment. You don't Have to love what everyone else loves or what a list of 50 tells you is the best nor do you have to only have an experience on a game that is Minty vs dirty. If it brings you or your family joy or fun you win!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Had fun at CAX, I met a certain someone Saturday at the Pinside meet and greet.. had a nice personal long chat... he shared a few tips on design basics... said he has played the new JP2, but not a lot, he's not had a lot of free time with his machines being on the line in production but says its got flow... we were plying him with bourbon but he wouldn't spill anything... out of total randomness, my Lyft driver taking me to the airport Sunday asks me if I was at the convention center for "the playing of the pinball?" and I said yes, and he starts in "Oh yesterday I took very important pinball designer to airport, really nice guy... " and I whip out my phone and show him this picture... and he says... "That is him! You know this man?" And I said yeah, we hang out all the time, he's a personal friend of mine. [quoted image]

Cool story for sure and I can see how he would spend time talking shop with you as you both have a great friendly personality. To confess Bubblehead, you were one of the unknown faces of Pinside I wasn’t sure about till I (with my wife) met you in person. You really are a great person with a wonderful personality and we were sincerely glad to meet and spend time with you! Granted your a giant your passion is just as large for life. Plus your in the Navy like my son so your an all around winner. Thanks.

7 months later
    #60 4 years ago

What an interesting and detailed perspective story. Really appreciate you sharing. The Team commitment and respect gained in the military for each comrade is so unique and special. A sad story yet enlightening to hear their dedication towards each other. Thanks for sharing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubleheads-lament?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.