(Topic ID: 36550)

Bubble burst: NO LCDS......

By RGR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern will release an LCD in the backbox...”

• In 2013 15 votes
      38%
    • In 2014 6 votes
      15%
    • In 2015 5 votes
      13%
    • Never 14 votes
      35%

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    292522-scooby-doo-and-scrappy-doo-comm.png
    dmdtaf.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I agree with this. Is there any new gaming possibilities that the LCD can give us? Besides just looking better?

One idea I had is a mystery award might give the option (instead of points) of a 30 second advanced pinball skill video - how to post pass, drop catch, etc. A few basic tips like double-flipping and bounce pass can be shown during attract mode. This is common knowledge among hobbyists but not at all for casual players.

I also think the story-telling and rules possibilities are much greater than with a DMD. Look how much deeper the story aspect of pinball became when we went from alpha displays to DMD. The top story-telling games pre-DMD were High Speed and Funhouse, but look at TZ or LOTR by comparison.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubble-burst-no-lcds?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.