20221108_105001 (resized).jpg
20221108_104949 (resized).jpg
20221003_174213 (resized).jpg
20221003_173025 (resized).jpg
20221003_171353 (resized).jpg
20221003_171159 (resized).jpg
20221003_171142 (resized).jpg
20221003_164650 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mik-readinguk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Very nice CC
Congrats and enjoy!!
Next you need to wake up those 6 shooters.
[quoted image]

Wow... did you make those yourself or are they available to buy?

1 month later
#95 3 years ago

Has anyone put together a topper? I've put a cheap LED cactus on mine which helps it stand out in the front row at my club, but I'd be interested in ideas for something more impressive, such as a diarama with saloon/sheriff's office/whatever. Or maybe a stagecoach and horses...mike.

ccc2 (resized).pngccc2 (resized).png
8 months later
#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
I have a little problem with my CCC.
In switch test
- switch 13 "start button" works ok
- switch 14 "plumb bob tilt" works on occasion, when the tilt touches the rim - seems like it has to be a specific spot on the metallic rim around the tilt
- switch 15 "mine entrance" works well and seems to activate when the ball is nearing the mine (what kind of switch is there in use, apparently not an opto)
- switch 16 "left outlane" does not work
- switch 17 "right return lane" does not work
- switch 18 "shooter lane" does not work
I am a newbie in error hunting/correcting. What should I check - is it something wrong here between switches 15 and 16?
Attached is a pic of the switch matrix.
Thanks for any help!
[quoted image]

Possible problem is lack of continuity for the green/brown switch column wire. Follow it through from the mine entrance to the left outlane (mine entrance is a reed switch on a flying lead so check the wires going in to the plug.

5 months later
#122 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

So, original CC owners, what do we think about the remake?
Anyone worried about this making their original less valuable ? Not me, I have it already 10 years and am not really busy with resale value.
I really like how the game looks. The colored animations look amazing. Would be nice if someone can import it into CCC
I am very interested to learn how the software is now and what is changed.
The train tracks are a good idea, am going to try to 3d print these.
What's your opinion that it sold out so fast ?
I hope for many people it's going to be a keeper. It's an easy game but very fun, probably everyones kids will love it. I hope not too many will be disappointed that it's easy and flip it after a few months or start to talk bad about it.

I think it's great and I'm not bothered about any effect on the value of mine. I've had it 15 years and don't plan to get rid of it any day soon.
My Cactus gets little improvements as I see ideas from other games - I think the big screen is a definite upgrade for mine, something I've wanted since I saw the MB remake, and I've put mettalic gold side blades on it and used warm white LEDs for the GI (except for some yellow in the top right). My guns and other toys have had lovely artwork improvements too.

What I was hoping to see was the saloon doors implemented, since I lack the skills to make them myself. I like the topper on the remake buy mine cost me about £5 so I don't feel the need to get that

1 month later
#134 2 years ago
Quoted from plinde1:

Congrats on the new game. We also got a nice original about eight months ago. We have been enjoying the game with latest factory code and the color dmd really makes the graphics pop. We hope to eventually get the CCC code running on ours too. epthegeek is who created the code and he is currently working to make the code work on a RPI4 which is very exciting! Nothing like a nice original to play and Eric's code is really good!

I've had it running on a Pi 4 for a while now, it even runs on a Pi Zero 2W

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you do the color display fix? https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Recompiling_PyPinPROC_for_CCC_Color_Support
If so, maybe just share that image - I got sidetracked on the rpi front.

Happy to share the image if there's no problem with including the assets, which was a problem in the past. It's on my google drive so PM me if you want it...

ccc-pi4 (resized).jpgccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
#138 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The color fix is for the 'layering' of color assets - like when the tumbleweed rolls by the logo in the attract mode. without that tweak, it looks like garbage.
Anything I made, I don't care. But it's not the bits I made that are ever the problem with this thing.

Yes, it's compiled with the newer DMD.C - Also works in HD if you enable it in the config...

toasty (resized).pngtoasty (resized).png
3 months later
#160 2 years ago

Having a bit of fun with an ultra-wide LCD panel I acquired recently - My GIMP skills are beginner level but I managed to put Polly on the screen in the extra space (This is a 5x1 panel and DMD frames are 4x1). I can't figure out how to upscale the dots though, PYgame is a bit confusing to my old grey cells... The LCD came with a CGC metal speaker panel and I have some Pyle Gear speakers on order.

polly (resized).jpgpolly (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#169 1 year ago
Quoted from all_pinball:

Hello, I'm having an issue when the ball hits Bart.
The ball doesn't come out reliably. I tried swapping the coil with a new one, but that didn't help.
I thought of using a coil that is a bit more powerful. Do you have any recommendations?

You need to examine the mech and figure out the issue rather than forcing it.
Are there missing/loose screws on the coil bracket or any unusual wear or bent edges?
Check the wires are complete ie. not partially broken inside the insulation or the crimped connectors are loose.
If the mech is moving off the playfield that will absorb some of the energy - Can you tighten all the fixing screws properly?
If not, glue cocktail sticks in the holes and try again.
Is there debris eg. a broken rubber or anything blocking the exit?

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from all_pinball:

I restored the machine completly, took everything apart, cleaned it and put it back together. It already didn't work before.

Maybe compare it with the mine popper, try swapping drive or coil and check it still works, otherwise I'm out of ideas

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mik-readinguk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club?tu=mik-readinguk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.