20221108_105001 (resized).jpg
20221108_104949 (resized).jpg
20221003_174213 (resized).jpg
20221003_173025 (resized).jpg
20221003_171353 (resized).jpg
20221003_171159 (resized).jpg
20221003_171142 (resized).jpg
20221003_164650 (resized).jpg

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

There's a new Sheriff in town. It's time that Cactus Canyon folks had their own ranch to kick back on and share all things CC. So here is is the newest club on Pinside - The Cactus Canyon Club.

#2 7 years ago

I've been a member for quite a while. Added CCC package to make an awesome game.

#3 7 years ago

I agree. Eric did such a great job on CCC that I find myself playing it everyday. With the new system put in, it's like the last toast of the evening at a Bally/Williams pinball roast. You have modes put in there from most of the classic pins, such as AFM, MM, CV, SS, MB and TAF just to name a few. Heck, even Rudy from FH makes a surprise visit.

Gold mine multiball, drunk flippers, showdown, Save Polly(s), stampede and Marshall multiball, frank and beans, Cowboys vs Aliens........My god I can go on and on. It was costly, but I don't regret my decision at all adding CCC to my collection. If you played CC before but haven't got the chance to try out Eric's CCC, then you really missing out on one of Bally/Williams best.

#4 7 years ago

I have one since about 5 years now. Fun game. It's my daughters favorite.

#5 7 years ago

What parts do you need for CCC?
P-roc, ....
somewhere a kit for sale?

#6 7 years ago

Im here, in the club, and ready to draw at high noon.
Magicchiz

I am a CCC also.
I wonder what the CCC number is? How many of us there are?

#7 7 years ago

Hey, I have one of these. I'm in.

#8 7 years ago

So eric is there a lot of us. I totally understand if you dont want the number public.
Magicchiz

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from May:

What parts do you need for CCC?
P-roc, ....
somewhere a kit for sale?

Contact Eric aka Epthegeek on Pinside email. He sells his P-roc system (which includes the sound board and a color DMD specs) to really make the game pop. Highly recommended.

#10 7 years ago

Of course a computer such as a Shuttle computer is needed as well.

#11 7 years ago

I designed a option serial number plate for the shooter housing, here is one pinsiders plate. PPS shut down this design but I designed a sheriff badge that you can add a number to.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscactus&type=

cactus3_(resized).jpgcactus3_(resized).jpg

cactus2_(resized).jpgcactus2_(resized).jpg

cactus1_(resized).jpgcactus1_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#12 7 years ago

Finally found a nice CC Myself after many years searching.
Here's my modded train.
DSC_0706_(resized).JPGDSC_0706_(resized).JPG

P.s Will be hitting you up in the future Erik

5 months later
#13 7 years ago

Is it normal for the hat to swivel around on the bad guy? I was told yes but it seems like it should just stay in one place.

#14 7 years ago

Would like to join the club with #811 even though my plaque reads #822. She's fully loaded with Led's , pinball pro speakers and backlit apron cards. The previous owner was nice enough to include the goodie bag contents, a new set of decals even thought the game was just redecalled and a CC lunchbox. I am going to need an ocd board for the GI strobing and have to shoot Eric a pm for CCC.

I just want to give an honorable mention to pinsider dawasa who was next in line for purchase. He reached out to me after I posted the game in the what did you bring home thread. Without being upset or harboring any animosity he has been kind enough to answer some questions and point some things out being a previous owner. Thanks dawasa!20170127_210027 (resized).jpg20170127_210027 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#15 6 years ago

Pinball Plating and More (www.pinballplatingandmore.com) and Planetary Pinball Supply (PPS) announce availability of Cactus Canyon serial number plaques.

PPS has partnered with Pinball Plating and More (PP&M) to make available Cactus Canyon serial number plaques with some new plating options. PPS had contracted with the original supplier who had original molds for the plaque to produce more plaques, and these are available now. Pinball Plating and More will provide custom serial number engraving as well as provide additional plating options in Polished Brass, Silver, and Gold 24K in addition to the original dull satin brass finish.

Both engraved (with serial numbers) and without will be available. PPS (www.planetarypinball.com) will have on it’s website un-engraved plated plaques in all 4 plating options, and http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com will be the sole provider of engraved plates which can be in a variety of plating options as well. Customers can order multiple plaques with their serial number in different plating colors if desired.

Pricing for the plates is as follows:
Original Plate (Satin Brass): $79 Not engraved $89 Engraved
Silver, Chrome, Polished Brass (shiny) Plate: $99 Not engraved $109 Engraved
24k Gold Plate: $109 Not engraved $119 Engraved

Also – matched mounting screws will be available for $9 (set/4) which will be plated in any of the 4 plating options to match the serial plaque plating if desired.

Note: for ENGRAVED (with your serial number) these are available only from Ron Woodard at Pinball Plating and More ([email protected]) – for Not engraved these will be available from either PPS or PP&M – plates are in hand and will be available on each store very soon.

Thanks to all for your interest and we are happy to finally make these available.

20170530_135814 (resized).jpg20170530_135814 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Note: for ENGRAVED (with your serial number) these are available only from Ron Woodard at Pinball Plating and More ([email protected])

So we will order through your website. When will this take place?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So we will order through your website. When will this take place?

I have some plates in hand and can take orders. Just email me: [email protected]

Just need to know what finish you want and your number.

Ron

2 months later
#18 6 years ago

Could someone confirm the configuration of the Bad Guy mech assembly? The diagrams in the CC manual seem particularly unhelpful w.r.t. the following:

1) The spring that's inside his head, and keeps his face from resting on the switch. I think I've found it in the bottom of the game, and re-installed with a #4 machine screw and washer to the tiny post on the left inside the bracket, but it keeps working its way loose and falling out.

2) I feel like his face should swing freely on the axle, but it seems to hug the metal bracket and stick in whatever position you put it in.

3) On our game, his hat is attached to a long post, which runs through a small bracket welded to the toy support (above the playfield), then continues below the playfield and ends in a "foot" made of a metal slug screwed to the post with an allen screw. This seems like a weird design, because the foot is actually long enough to get jammed in the bottom of the support bracket if it were to turn sideways - and even when it's properly aligned, it's just sort of sitting on the plunger of the coil that launches it. See the attached pic.

CAM00684 (resized).jpgCAM00684 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

I have a set of Tilt Graphic game blade graphics, western town style.

$50 shipped.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

Could someone confirm the configuration of the Bad Guy mech assembly? The diagrams in the CC manual seem particularly unhelpful w.r.t. the following:
1) The spring that's inside his head, and keeps his face from resting on the switch. I think I've found it in the bottom of the game, and re-installed with a #4 machine screw and washer to the tiny post on the left inside the bracket, but it keeps working its way loose and falling out.
2) I feel like his face should swing freely on the axle, but it seems to hug the metal bracket and stick in whatever position you put it in.
3) On our game, his hat is attached to a long post, which runs through a small bracket welded to the toy support (above the playfield), then continues below the playfield and ends in a "foot" made of a metal slug screwed to the post with an allen screw. This seems like a weird design, because the foot is actually long enough to get jammed in the bottom of the support bracket if it were to turn sideways - and even when it's properly aligned, it's just sort of sitting on the plunger of the coil that launches it. See the attached pic.

It looks like you might be missing the flat guide plate with the square hole in it that the square shaft runs up and down in. Click on my pic and enlarge it. In my pic follow my square shaft up and you can see the plate with the square hole in it. That's what stops the shaft from turning. If you have your manual, page 2-25 Bad Guy Mech Assy, It's hard to figure out, but Upper drawing of the bottom view, # 45 the machine screw goes through it and if I'm not mistaken, it could be #44 01-15155 Bad Guy assy bracket stop but I could be wrong too. You would be able to see it better if they had a front view, but unfortunately they don't.
Good luck and enjoy your CC.

eggbert52 This should answer your question too.

IMG_2537 (resized).JPGIMG_2537 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#21 6 years ago

Im in with CC #343! Didnt know til now there was a CC club. I have had my game for about 6 months now. It has CCC and I love it! Eric did a great job with this and I appreciate it! Lookin to get a number plate for it (an engraved original) I have added a few mods. Prosound, playfield protector, I did a LED flasher relocation for the guns (mount the flashers in the end of the barrel) provides a nice flash out of the end. Installed a couple of the AFM aliens with lighted eyes in the back of the pf on the left near the pops. Added the led rings to pop caps so the look like mini saucers. Town pinblades.

182FB178-9B66-43AB-AE98-4ACE58E9022A (resized).jpeg182FB178-9B66-43AB-AE98-4ACE58E9022A (resized).jpeg

7619F5B4-A3B2-4643-BB36-47F484E8B114 (resized).jpeg7619F5B4-A3B2-4643-BB36-47F484E8B114 (resized).jpeg

608FE6DD-20C4-4ECF-B8C6-027F22ADB14E (resized).jpeg608FE6DD-20C4-4ECF-B8C6-027F22ADB14E (resized).jpeg

FBC31AFA-1432-4690-8EE7-D87C865AD1FE (resized).jpegFBC31AFA-1432-4690-8EE7-D87C865AD1FE (resized).jpeg

#22 6 years ago

Oh also the lighted Beer Mug!

#23 6 years ago

I am planning on upgrading my CC to a CCC.

I've seen solutions in the backbox, where the amplifier, danesi board and the computer have been attached to a metal plate. Those apparently are custom made and not a universal fit for different computers etc?

I have not ordered the danesi board as my friend makes something similar for me. Meanwhile my plan is that I will take the power from regular house power outlets. Then later I get a friend over to power the computer, amplifier and display from the pinball. I wonder what is the best location for the computer etc. - I guess it would work now so that if I manage to attach the equipment to backbox, I would leave the backglass away, so that I can manually power up and down the computer?

I bought a tiny computer "beebox" and I am wondering which OS I should install. The guide on pinside gives specific info on what to do with a Win7 install, but is there a reason not to use Win10?

Also, I had a look at the beebox and it seems I cannot find the EuP-option where the danesi-board faq makes a reference to - is there other suitable power options in the computer to ensure the shutdown and power-up of the computer?

Thanks for any info!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am planning on upgrading my CC to a CCC.
I've seen solutions in the backbox, where the amplifier, danesi board and the computer have been attached to a metal plate. Those apparently are custom made and not a universal fit for different computers etc?
I have not ordered the danesi board as my friend makes something similar for me. Meanwhile my plan is that I will take the power from regular house power outlets. Then later I get a friend over to power the computer, amplifier and display from the pinball. I wonder what is the best location for the computer etc. - I guess it would work now so that if I manage to attach the equipment to backbox, I would leave the backglass away, so that I can manually power up and down the computer?
I bought a tiny computer "beebox" and I am wondering which OS I should install. The guide on pinside gives specific info on what to do with a Win7 install, but is there a reason not to use Win10?
Also, I had a look at the beebox and it seems I cannot find the EuP-option where the danesi-board faq makes a reference to - is there other suitable power options in the computer to ensure the shutdown and power-up of the computer?
Thanks for any info!

I think you should PM epthegeek with those questions. Eric can give you the best answers. Eric's system (kit) works perfectly (powers up and shuts down just like a normal Pin would. That is a must for me as the other system CCEE has to use a remote control to power up the computer. (nice for a game console but not for a pin) My suggestion would be to go with what works!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Im in with CC #343! Didnt know til now there was a CC club. I have had my game for about 6 months now. It has CCC and I love it! Eric did a great job with this and I appreciate it! Lookin to get a number plate for it (an engraved original) I have added a few mods. Prosound, playfield protector, I did a LED flasher relocation for the guns (mount the flashers in the end of the barrel) provides a nice flash out of the end. Installed a couple of the AFM aliens with lighted eyes in the back of the pf on the left near the pops. Added the led rings to pop caps so the look like mini saucers. Town pinblades.

Love the Leds in the gun barrel
Looks like a great example of CC

#26 6 years ago

I also just ordered a proc to finally install CCC in mine. Interested in all info on how to do this yourself

3 weeks later
#27 6 years ago

Just finished new cabinet art, added a chrome door,highly polished chrome rails, back box hinges and lockdown bar.
New playfield next, should come up a treat.
I love this pin.

021 (resized).jpg021 (resized).jpg

009 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg

010 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

Nice work beautiful Game!

1 month later
#29 6 years ago

Left the club for awhile but now I am back this time for good! Happy to be back in town and ready to hunt down the Bart Bros...

#30 6 years ago

Actually I'm in with a CCC but got a tradeoffer for an GBLE ..... Let's see how long I can resist the green beast ....

Any advices from the Club?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Actually I'm in with a CCC but got a tradeoffer for an GBLE ..... Let's see how long I can resist the green beast ....
Any advices from

Wow that's culture shock from GB! We are eagerly awaiting an update from Eric for Continued so that's something to look forward to!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Love the Leds in the gun barrel
Looks like a great example of CC

Thanks!

#33 6 years ago

There needs to be some cash going along with the gble

#34 6 years ago

An update from Eric .... Maybe i should wait
But the GB Themen grabs me more then the Western theme.

Both have their pro and cons and the gameplay is still superb on both.

It is hard to made decission.... Would like to have both but only space for one of them

#35 6 years ago

Ugh, the train motor on my (borrowed) CCC has started making a terrible screeching noise... anyone else seen this? Any suggestions how to fix?

#36 6 years ago

Hey Gun
Try a little teflon grease on the plastic gears. Typically these gears do not require lubrication but I have seen some high frequency vibrations from these gearboxes probably caused by gear clearances. A little lube dampens the vibrations and makes them quiet down.
Wally

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Ugh, the train motor on my (borrowed) CCC has started making a terrible screeching noise... anyone else seen this? Any suggestions how to fix?

I had this same thing happen to my Mine motor. I live in Denver and it is extremely dry here. So I removed the motor and just used a drop of 3 in 1 oil to lube the armature bearings (each end of the motor shaft) That did it! Those bearings will dry out and get dust in them.

#38 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Will do both of those suggestions and let you know.

1 week later
#39 6 years ago

Hi guys,
wondering what rom you are running,please.

#40 6 years ago

Not running Continued Rich?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not running Continued Rich?

I only just got it running again last night.
Had heaps of niggles and adjustments to make after I put the new playfield in.
Small electrical stuff, that I sent it away to get done by a pro.
Then Chrismas, work etc.
So after a very long process, she looks amazing and plays perfectly.well worth all the time and effort.

I will seriously consider CCC, now it is as good as it can be.
When I fired it up, it says Rev 1.04 Test rom 0.2

#42 6 years ago

When I get home in an hour I will look at my cpu card and what version I have. My game came with Continued so I have not used the the factory firmware but I have it.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

When I get home in an hour I will look at my cpu card and what version I have. My game came with Continued so I have not used the the factory firmware but I have it.

Many thanks.
Did you ever play the original?
I assume you think CCC is the only way to go?
Worth the extra money?

#44 6 years ago

Yeah Rich my software is 1.04 as well. I have played the original on my buddy's game. CCC is worth every penny. It blows the original away. Eric has the kit that has all the boards and computer. Highly recommend it. It will breath new life into your CC for sure.

#45 6 years ago

Has someone also the issue that the flippers feel a bit weak, and so the mainramp is hard to hit?

#46 6 years ago

Both flippers? Trying to remember if you can adjust flipper strength in software....

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Has someone also the issue that the flippers feel a bit weak, and so the mainramp is hard to hit?

I did a flipper rebuild and now it rocks again.

7 months later
#48 5 years ago

Has anyone had trouble with the Bart head getting stuck to the left? Once my mechanism moves to the side, he stays there and balls get stuck between the metal plate and the guide on the right. He still reacts when the ball hits him. The coil moves freely, I've replaced the spring on the mechanism, and I've made sure the game is level. Any suggestions?

4 months later
#49 5 years ago

I have a cactus canyon that’s 100 percent
Untouched and time to do her up
Can anyone tell me how to contact Eric ?
I would like to upgrade to CCC , then restore the game

Thanks for any help

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a cactus canyon that’s 100 percent
Untouched and time to do her up
Can anyone tell me how to contact Eric ?
I would like to upgrade to CCC , then restore the game
Thanks for any help

His handle is epthegeek just PM him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.