2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_094154_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_5354 (resized).jpeg
Attach150566_20221209_094127 (resized).jpg
IMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220417-182622_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240330_202529_Instagram (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

This video is like a year old. Is there a newer one?

The 2021 virtual tour from Expo was only shown to attendees. Not available online AFAIK.

5 months later
#549 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

We talked about this before but I really like the idea of the photo hurry up mode during Earth Angel. It could totally fit within the scene and add intensity. Hit all the right shots during the scene and it plays out!

And if you miss the shots, your flipper power gets weaker...like Marty's hand fading away while he plays.

3 weeks later
#570 1 year ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Also, just sort of odd doc hadn't seen Marty in years and he just leaves him at the train tracks with a shattered time machine. .. at least a ride home or something would have felt more like a reunion. It's like doc got a girlfriend and then just ditches his friends!

Ahhh...but it HAD to be that way. Prepare for your mind to be blown.
https://dejareviewer.com/2014/08/05/great-scott-the-entire-back-to-the-future-trilogy-is-one-big-chiasmus/

I had loved the trilogy for decades but then I discovered this and my appreciation went to another level. The movie is truly perfect from a narrative arc.

3 weeks later
#610 1 year ago

I want to say no....I want to believe...but ever since they paid mayor goldie wilson to be on the TWIPYs 2 years ago...I think they may be just playing us...

2 weeks later
#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Franchi's BTTF art from his FB page (https://www.facebook.com/Metaluna5Media)
(This art is in Joe Kaminkow's garage, BTW)

Damn this makes me want Franchi to be on art for this pin!

#678 1 year ago

Heard "Power of Love" yesterday...ready for that PoL multi-ball!

1 month later
2 months later
#889 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Will finally be able to drive it again once this winter crap goes away!

Love it! How does it drive?

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

There's a lot more details to this build, but I like to keep things relatively simple and provide quick answers unless someone wants greater detail!

I really appreciate the answer! I have heard about the poor performance from stock so great to hear about the engine and tranny upgrade. I hadn't thought about the bumper height, but that definitely makes it look better.

I'm sure you get a lot of heads turning when you drive it

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anything is available for a price, but look what Stern has done in the past with skimping on assets for licenses. Look how long it took for them to negotiate a deal for beatles. I don't think it was a matter of convincing them to sell a license, it was negotiating it down to a million dollars.

Like all of us, I hope they get it ALL...give me michael j fox, christopher lloyd, clips from all three movies, new voice callouts, the delorean license, power of love / back in time AND the orchestral score. I want it all...

...but...if they don't get it all, I'm ok and I think the game still has the potential to be great.

Elwin's Jurassic Park makes the case for partial licensing for a game that takes you into "the world of [insert IP here]."

Delorean+orchestral score+movie poster on the backglass and a game that has you traveling through still has the potential to be excellent.

4 months later
#1158 10 months ago

I highly recommend the newly released "STILL: A MICHAEL J. FOX MOVIE." The movie chronicles his battle with Parkinson's set against the backdrop of his career. The story is worth hearing and the approach/design of the movie is incredibly well done. In particular, the part that covers his filming of BTTF and Family Ties at the same time is very cool. I knew that story beforehand it it exceeded my expectations.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/still_a_michael_j_fox_movie

It is available on appleTV+ (you can probably get a free trial if you're not a subscriber)

1 month later
#1225 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Haha! Classic! I'd love a Vacation themed pin that encompassed all the movies.

Careful what you wish for!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/vacation-america

I kid, I kid.

4 weeks later
#1253 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Data East Jurassic Park was remade by Stern. As was TMNT and Simpsons. Any other DE titles get this treatment?

It's fairly common for IP with a longer shelf life...
- Star Wars has had a few games (DE, Williams, Stern)
- Guns & Roses had a second game made by Jersey Jack
- Stern did another Black Knight (originally Williams)
- Stern did another WWE game
- DE/Stern has done 3 Batman games
- Stern did Indiana Jones (originally Williams)

I'm sure there's more

2 months later
#1419 6 months ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I didn't realize until I saw this it was flea returning in part 2 to reprise his role from the end of part 1.

I thought he was just in II & III. Where is he in part 1?

#1432 6 months ago

I just saw the BTTF musical on Broadway and would definitely recommend it to any fan of the movies.

The music and songs are fine (not great), but the car sells the show. Definitely the most impressive “Broadway magic” I have ever seen. Hearing the the theme song from a full orchestra while the car literally flies over your head is worth the price of admission.

But if you’re looking for more evidence that a pin is coming, check this picture from Doc’s garage…
IMG_2718 (resized).jpegIMG_2718 (resized).jpegIMG_2719 (resized).jpegIMG_2719 (resized).jpeg

(And yes I know that Doc says he built a fake bomb from pinball parts, but it’s more fun to dream )

2 months later
#1676 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

I have to say that will be disappointing if that finally make a BTTF after all these years and its missing the assets. I feel you need the movie clips for this one more then any other pinball.

I obviously want all the assets, too. But it can still be a great game without it. I see you have a Stern JP and I do, too. Do I wish it had more assets, sure! Is it still an amazing game that makes me think "jurassic park" even without the original cast? Yep!

I just saw the BTTF Broadway show - the second the music starts, you're in. And I assure you...Doc & Marty bear very little resemblance to Lloyd & Fox.

I say this only to convince myself that even if we don't get it all, it can still be great

4 weeks later
#1803 3 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

New episode of super awesome pinball podcast. Francis says he is working on an art package for a future dutch title (not the Lebowski rework)

He also specifically said "save your pinball money. save your pinball money"

Probably a case of me hearing what I want to hear, but sounded like it had the same cadence of "save the clocktower" to me.

1 month later
#1940 58 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Was listening to this concert piece this AM. So powerful and what a composition?!

Seeing the broadway show is worth it just for this alone!

(and the show is fun, too)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.