2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_094154_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_5354 (resized).jpeg
Attach150566_20221209_094127 (resized).jpg
IMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220417-182622_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240330_202529_Instagram (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JimB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#410 2 years ago

1 month later
#432 2 years ago
70F1D644-FA62-4B24-810A-6156733FBCCD (resized).jpeg70F1D644-FA62-4B24-810A-6156733FBCCD (resized).jpeg
1 week later
10 months later
#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I loved that ride.
I remember when Universal Orlando first opened, the wait was forever to get on the ride.
Back to the future was definitely superior to the Simpsons. However, I think the Simpsons is more entertaining waiting for the ride than Bak to the future was.

Timeless ride like the movies. Should never have been taken down. Update the ride as technology improves.

3 months later
#1123 11 months ago

News from Michael J Fox:

Fox made the statement to Variety as part of a cover story regarding his new documentary film “Still.” He told the outlet that he’s not fanatical. “Do what you want. It’s your movie. I got paid already.” He also didn’t seem to think that rebooting the franchise was a good idea anyway.

“I don’t think it needs to be,” Fox continued. “I think Bob [Robert Zemeckis] and Bob [Gale] have been really smart about that. I don’t think it needs rebooting because are you going to clarify something? You’re going to find a better way to tell the story? I doubt it.”

3 months later
1 month later
#1403 6 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I agree. JJP's recent theme choices are somewhat of a head-scratcher. I also don't quite get all the interest in music pins generally and in this case an Elton John pin? Don't get me wrong the guy is a terrific musician and has had a long and illustrious career but a pin based upon that? Doesn't strike me as ticking most boxes with the pinball crowd (although like any new pin FOMO will drive some to purchase no matter what...) Just my two cents.

I’d rather have an Almost Famous pin and have this included instead:

2 weeks later
#1498 6 months ago

You don’t need a multi singer VH, I’d bet Wolfgang would agree. Just the original lineup. Besides with all due respect to Sammy he’d have a commercial angle with his businesses so too much red tape.

#1499 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's why it's strange that Universal (owner of BTTF, along with JP and Jaws) would choose to go with a small European company with not much of a track record rather than the biggest pinball maker in the world that they have successfully worked with before. I'll believe a Dutch BTTF when I see it.

Not really since Lebowski is a Universal Pictures license. If you followed the history it was quite an effort for Dutch to get and renew that license.

3 months later
#1862 79 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

JJP was able to make the witch on wizard of oz sound completely authentic, and that was years before AI. Tom Wilson is probably the only actor that still sounds like his younger self, Lea Thompson is marginal (she's starting to get a little bit of raspiness from age). Michael J fox's voice is far too affected by parkinsons. Christopher Lloyd's age and forgetfullness with no enthusiasm like he had in the movie that he too wouldn't be good at callouts. You need good voice actors, and possibly some AI to act as a filter.
When I watch the muppets in the later years, I'm not like "Heyyy, that's not frank oz, I'm out!"

AI would solve the age issues. If you've watched the Van Halen Fan Made 1984 Documentary on YouTube the author had so many copyright issues he brilliantly used an AI voice of DLR who read quotes from his autobiography. It was really close to DLR's voice.

3 weeks later
#1942 58 days ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'm hearing BTTF will have 3 tiers including an unlimited standard edition. If that's true then everyone will have a chance to get one.

One for each movie so you’d have to buy all three!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JimB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott?tu=JimB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.