PXL_20240412_023143712 (resized).jpg
2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_094154_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_5354 (resized).jpeg
Attach150566_20221209_094127 (resized).jpg
IMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220417-182622_Instagram (resized).jpg
There are 2,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.
#1 3 years ago

Hi all! I noticed a lot of posts about BTTF2 or BTTF remake scattered around in a few other threads but wanted to create a central thread to talk about a new BTTF pin. An updated BTTF pin would be (an absolute dream) for me since I'm a huge BTTF fan and collector. From what I've read it sounds like this pin refresh is a real possibility so I wanted to create a hype thread for any updates and general love for the franchise and things you'd like to see improved or redone over the last pin. Personally I'd love to see all 3 films featured with video, music (Huey Lewis and the News, & ZZ Top!) and clips (like in SW). Would love callouts from Christopher Lloyd or Thomas F. Wilson, as well as a "get up to 88 mph" spinner to trigger traveling between the different time periods. Gotta travel to all 4 times in the films with different objectives: 1955, 1985, 2015 and 1885. BTTF2 would be an instant LE buy for me. Curious to hear other people's thoughts or if there's any truth to this pin becoming a reality in the near future. Where are my fellow Back to the Future Pinheads at!?

pinheads (resized).jpgpinheads (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
huey (resized).pnghuey (resized).png
#3 3 years ago
i-guess-you-guys-arent-ready-for-that-yet-but-your-kids-are-gonna-love-it-quote-1 (resized).jpgi-guess-you-guys-arent-ready-for-that-yet-but-your-kids-are-gonna-love-it-quote-1 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Ive been waiting for it for years.. but you know what? No pinball company gives a single damn. So I have come to the realization its never coming.
Bye

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive been waiting for it for years.. but you know what? No pinball company gives a single damn. So I have come to the realization its never coming.
Bye

I think it is. Someone knows... its come up quite a bit in other threads. Stern remade Turtles.. they could revisit BTTF if they still have the license. Either way I believe a new BTTF is coming.

#6 3 years ago

BTTF and Pulp Fiction have been coming up a lot recently with rumors. They should definitely do both.

#7 3 years ago

IF this game does eventuate, I'd be all over it. Loved the movies as a teenage and still enjoy the reruns now. PLEASE PLEASE, lets have JJP develop this game and do it justice.

#8 3 years ago

BTTF and JAWS are the ones that come up most in the rumor mill. Either or both would be instant buys for me but only if they get some of the assets from the films. The DE BTTF sucks largely because of lack of assets. Simply putting the title of the franchise and a bit of artwork on the game is not enough. For those of us who love those films they need to include call outs from the actors, movie clips, etc. for us to justify shelling out our hard earned money. The perfect example of this would be JJP’s GNR. I like the band but had no intention of spending the high price of a JJP game simply to get another music pin. Then it came out and blew me away...not just in game play, lighting and artwork but in the assets. Of course Slash being a co-designer made the difference there, and most games won’t have that kind of involvement from the principal talent. But they can still get enough of the assets to make it worth our money. I already put down my deposit on a GNR LE and would do the same for a BTTF or JAWS if they did them right. My fingers are crossed that it will happen.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

BTTF and Pulp Fiction have been coming up a lot recently with rumors. They should definitely do both.

Speaking of Pulp Fiction and BTTF crazy that Eric Stoltz was (almost) in both.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

BTTF and JAWS are the ones that come up most in terms rumor mill. Either or both would be instant buys for me but only if they get some of the assets from the films. The DE BTTF sucks largely because of lack of assets. Simply putting the title of the franchise and a bit of artwork on the game is not enough. For those of us who love those films they need to include call outs from the actors, movie clips, etc. for us to justify shelling out our hard earned money. The perfect example of this would be JJP’s GNR. I like the band but had no intention of spending the high price of a JJP game simply to get another music pin. Then it came out and blew me away...not just in game play, lighting and artwork but in the assets. Of course Slash being a co-designer made the difference there, and most games won’t have that kind of involvement from the principal talent. But they can still get enough of the assets to make it worth our money. I already put down my deposit on a GNR LE and would do the same for a BTTF or JAWS if they did them right. My fingers are crossed that it will happen.

I agree. If you're going to get the license, get the licensed and go all in. This is a beloved franchise so you gotta do it justice with the assets, music and actors this time around.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I agree. If you're going to get the license, get the licensed and go all in. This is a beloved franchise so you gotta do it justice with the assets, music and actors this time around.

Yup. As Yoda would say, “Do or do not. There is no try.” In other words go all or nothing at all.

#12 3 years ago

This is honestly the only theme I could really think of that I would buy right out of the gates without question.

#13 3 years ago

I really wish for this title as well, but let’s be honest. If stern gets it, it will probably get a JP treatment as far as being a generic style with the main music sprinkled in. This is such a huge theme that everybody would prefer jjp to have this one. If jjp had it, I’d be really excited. If stern has it, it will be a strong wait and see. Either way this title needs an updated version made.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I really wish for this title as well, but let’s be honest. If stern gets it, it will probably get a JP treatment as far as being a generic style with the main music sprinkled in. This is such a huge theme that everybody would prefer jjp to have this one. If jjp had it, I’d be really excited. If stern has it, it will be a strong wait and see. Either way this title needs an updated version made.

What do you think about what Stern did with SW? They have the music, soundbites from the actors and video clips. Gameplay you play through 3 of the films. Playfield was a little lacking in my opinion but still they got some pretty good assets for that pin. Seems like they could do the same for BTTF2 at least.

#15 3 years ago

This theme is a dream theme for me.

If Stern does have the license, well I just hope it's going to be fun to shoot (crossing fingers Keith will design it). We all know Stern won't get movie clip licenses. They may get a couple sound bites/voice call outs. There are so many classic lines in those movies that the callouts will be the easy part. The Alan Silvestri theme should be in there, along with Power of Love. I would love to see Back in Time and Johnny B. Goode to round out the music, but that likely won't happen.

If JJP gets the license I won't have to worry too much. They did a great job on both Hobbit, and Wonka. Both had several movie clips, many sound bites and call outs. I know Wonka had music from the movie, not sure on the Hobbit.

But above all, just do it right. Please the franchise and all it's fans. It deserves a great pin.

#16 3 years ago

I’m a buyer if it’s a Spooky or JJP release. If it’s stern I’ll play it on route

#17 3 years ago

If JJP does it I’m in for the collector edition. My wife has been pre warned.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

If JJP does it I’m in for the collector edition. My wife has been pre warned.

Same. Deposit would be down immediately.

#19 3 years ago

I will buy one regardless of who makes it. I hope it isn't a Kapow release though.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Bye

And we now realize the source of why Mo is truly so angry.

#21 3 years ago

I hope it gets made, and as others have said by JJP! I fear if Stern does it will short on toys / features and only cover the first film with 6 or so modes...

#22 3 years ago

Guys, keep talking and hyping it up and will it into fruition like this community did with Iron Maiden.

KEEP GOING!!!!!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Guys, keep talking and hyping it up and will it into fruition like this community did with Iron Maiden.
KEEP GOING!!!!!

Careful or we might end up with ‘Field of Dreams’

#24 3 years ago

Back To The Future or JAWS I’m in.

2CD1105F-1BAD-44EC-A52C-2C24671F5E28.gif2CD1105F-1BAD-44EC-A52C-2C24671F5E28.gif
#25 3 years ago

If Stern is doing it we'll at least get 10 songs right? lol.

I'm hoping for the Alan Silverstri score and some of the songs off the motion picture soundtrack from the first film, and if were lucky ZZ Top's doubleback from part 3. (both versions)

I still have this cassette tape and the record. Such a great movie soundtrack!

"The Power of Love" – Huey Lewis and the News (3:58)
"Time Bomb Town" – Lindsey Buckingham (2:48)
"Back to the Future" – The Outatime Orchestra (3:20)
"Heaven Is One Step Away" – Eric Clapton (4:13)
"Back in Time" – Huey Lewis and the News (4:22)
"Back to the Future Overture" - The Outatime Orchestra (8:19)
"The Wallflower (Dance with Me, Henry)" – Etta James (2:45)
"Night Train" – Marvin Berry & The Starlighters (2:17)
"Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)" – Marvin Berry & The Starlighters (3:02)
"Johnny B. Goode" – Marty McFly with The Starlighters (3:06)

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope it gets made, and as others have said by JJP! I fear if Stern does it will short on toys / features and only cover the first film with 6 or so modes...

Come on, even the DE BTTF was based on the trilogy.

Fake voices, no movie clips & generic music are a distinct possibility, though.

#27 3 years ago

This game that isn't being made better be not made by the pinball company I prefer!!!

#28 3 years ago

There is no way 2020's Stern is going to do Pulp Fiction lmao.

Maybe a boutique might, but not Stern.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

What do you think about what Stern did with SW? They have the music, soundbites from the actors and video clips. Gameplay you play through 3 of the films. Playfield was a little lacking in my opinion but still they got some pretty good assets for that pin. Seems like they could do the same for BTTF2 at least.

I think sw could have been much better. It was my most wanted theme, and I passed. It’s still a fun game, but if you’re only getting video assets, might as well just watch the dvds. I want more on the play field mixed with all the assets. Honestly even just a few magnets in there to battle back with during Vader or emperor fights would have been enough to make me want it enough to buy it along with everything else the premium has. Jjp potc was just the opposite. Another big theme for me, play field was absolutely amazing, but lacked all the video assets. Still a good game, but missing a key element for what I like.

My guess with a stern bttf would probably include a generic story like jp, no movie assets, the one main song, and probably a voice actor doing call outs as doc. Play field probably similar to avengers as far as amount of toys/mechs. Can you visualize a jjp version vs a stern version?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I think sw could have been much better. It was my most wanted theme, and I passed. It’s still a fun game, but if you’re only getting video assets, might as well just watch the dvds. I want more on the play field mixed with all the assets. Jjp potc was just the opposite. Another big theme for me, play field was absolutely amazing, but lacked all the video assets. Still a good game, but missing a key element for what I like. My guess with a stern bttf would probably include a generic story like jp, no movie assets, the one main song, and probably a voice actor doing call outs as doc. Play field probably similar to avengers as far as amount of toys/mechs. Can you visualize a jjp version vs a stern version?

Well I owned both games (SW and JJP POTC) and SW I agree was lacking in the playfield dept but was still a really fun game for what it was and it still felt like Star Wars. The BTTF out there now doesnt.. AT ALL which is extremely disappointing. This game desperately needs to be redone right. JJP POTC is the total package. It has the video clips from the movies so I dont understand why you think the videos were lacking? Gibbs doing the callouts and the game is DEEP compared to SW. I think Eric is a fantastic designer as GNR is awesome as well (I've only played a SE but it was fun and I can only imagine an LE/CE adding more depth). I like Ritchie a lot (he's truly a legend) but feel his designs lately have been a bit too simple/safe for me (now with LZ). Stern has other great designers too.. I have both a JP2 and AIQ and really love Elwins work and both these games. Whoever has the BTTF license I'm sure will make something better than what we have currently and I'm looking forward to that.

#31 3 years ago

Fingers crossed that one of the companies is making this pin!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

JJP POTC is the total package. It has the video clips from the movies so I dont understand why you think the videos were lacking?

Potc is an awesome game I wish I had, but the assets on screen you talk about don’t show a single character. The movie is Jack Sparrow and the fun antics that he brings. Yeah, Gibbs is great, but it’s totally lacking assets and that even includes the main pirates song. Sad it had to be like that, but it’s still a great game. Same with Star Wars. It’s lacking the play field integration, but it’s still fun and I would love a comic premium someday. JP on the other hand has a cool play field, and I’m actually ok with the generic animation and story, but nobody would want that done with bttf.

#33 3 years ago

I’m in for The LE, CE sight unseen upon announcement! Been waiting way to long for an updated game. Tired of playing the zen and virtual games, however the VP TaBle with the Video clips and call outs on BTTF DE table more enjoyable even if it’s Video pinball

#34 3 years ago

Shame you guys all hate virtual pinball so much, I made a killer BTTF about a decade ago, with all the actors, all the music, all the action. A dream project of mine and my number 1 theme (as you might've guessed from my avatar).

A new real-world BTTF would be like the Zen Pinball version....bloody awful. You either go all-in with a movie theme, or dont' bother.

#35 3 years ago

Stern is the license holder on this one, let’s face it. The connection with Joe K., Stern and BTTF is long and proven. Joe has already given strong hints to this being the case at least 2 times now.

Fully confident that Stern will do it justice, I would hope and it will be a much better playing experience than any other maker is able to do, with Stern’s top notch experienced pinball design teams. Would rather have a loaded playfield like TMNT (very underrated machine), rather than a ton of licensed music and movie clips. Can play a Huey Lewis BTTF $10 CD while playing the game, lol. Music licensing fees are crazy high and so are movie clips of popular franchises. Put the money in the PF is a better use of BOM, imo. It will still have all the iconic BTTF items needed to make the BTTF universe come alive.

#36 3 years ago

Here's my guess. Stern has the license and the pin will cover all 3 films. Designed by Keith Elwin, code by Lyman Sheets and marketed as an $8k - $9k+ pin similar to Elvira HOH.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's my guess. Stern has the license and the pin will cover all 3 films. Designed by Keith Elwin, code by Lyman Sheets and marketed as an $8k - $9k+ pin similar to Elvira HOH.

I can see it being a Kapow like release because of the cost of the licenses and such but...I can see it being a standard release too. BTTF is a hugely popular and much loved license. Would sell a lot of pro level pins to bars, arcades, etc. I would think it's too popular not to be a standard release.

#38 3 years ago

NICE!!! Stern will make the PF, and its artwork will be like the DeLorean in the movies: vanish right in front of your eyes!!

Man, what more could I ask for???

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

NICE!!! Stern will make the PF, and its artwork will be like the DeLorean in the movies: vanish right in front of your eyes!!
Man, what more could I ask for???

Come on man...this is a hype thread. Why you gotta come in here and shit in my coffee?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Come on man...this is a hype thread. Why you gotta come in here and shit in my coffee?

Keep your logic ahead of your emotions, man. If Stern makes it, bail out. Heck, honestly, if anyone other than Spooky makes it, bail out. They at least seem to ahve the PF problem fixed.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no way 2020's Stern is going to do Pulp Fiction lmao.
Maybe a boutique might, but not Stern.

Why do you say this?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern is the license holder on this one, let’s face it. The connection with Joe K., Stern and BTTF is long and proven. Joe has already given strong hints to this being the case at least 2 times now.
Fully confident that Stern will do it justice, I would hope and it will be a much better playing experience than any other maker is able to do, with Stern’s top notch experienced pinball design teams. Would rather have a loaded playfield like TMNT (very underrated machine), rather than a ton of licensed music and movie clips. Can play a Huey Lewis BTTF $10 CD while playing the game, lol. Music licensing fees are crazy high and so are movie clips of popular franchises. Put the money in the PF is a better use of BOM, imo. It will still have all the iconic BTTF items needed to make the BTTF universe come alive.

Yeah! One of those being last year during the the Super Awesome Pinball Show (S01 E04). Joe K. is ending his interview and at about the 1:36 mark he says "I’ll talk to you about Doc Brown and our pinball project later…oops, did I say something I shouldn’t have?"

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yeah! One of those being last year during the the Super Awesome Pinball Show (S01 E04). Joe K. is ending his interview and at about the 1:36 mark he says "I’ll talk to you about Doc Brown and our pinball project later…oops, did I say something I shouldn’t have?"

Lol, well that’s a third one! The two I was speaking about were somewhat cloaked, but actually very recognizable that he had the license and Stern his partner is going to be the maker. Thinking it will be a boutique release like Batman and Elvira. The boutique release was missed this past year, so it could be up very soon, unless they hold it back till October again. SLE, LE and premium models only offered. SLE, will have a small a stainless steel piece of the movie cut up Delorean included for an extra $5k, (the exact price I could have purchased a complete brand new Delorean for at a Dallas dealership, during the year they went out of business.) Lolololo!!!

One of the most recent comments: Joe made a comment at the end of the Beatles forum he and Stern put on during the online October 2020 Expo. Joe said, “well we hope to be doing this again soon IN THE FUTURE” with big emphasis on the last 3 words. Everyone knew exactly what he was talking about.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, well that’s a third one! The two I was speaking about were somewhat cloaked, but actually very recognizable that he had the license and Stern his partner is going to be the maker. Thinking it will be a boutique release like Batman and Elvira. The boutique release was missed this past year, so it could be up very soon, unless they hold it back till October again. SLE, LE and premium models only offered. SLE, will have a small aluminum piece of the movie cut up Delorean included for an extra $5k, (the exact price I could have purchased a complete brand new Delorean for at a Dallas dealership, during the year they went out of business.) Lolololo!!!
One of the most recent comments: Joe made a comment at the end of the Beatles forum he and Stern put on during the online October 2020 Expo. Joe said, “well we hope to be doing this again soon IN THE FUTURE” with big emphasis on the last 3 words. Everyone knew exactly what he was talking about.

"SLE, will have a small aluminum piece of the movie cut up Delorean included for an extra $5k". Lol now that sounds like Stern.

For an LE and SLE I would prefer brushed stainless steel armor that resembles the stainless steel panels on the Delorean. No powder coat for this one please!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

SLE, will have a small aluminum piece of the movie cut up Delorean included for an extra $5k

Stainless steel, not aluminum.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Stainless steel, not aluminum.

Aluminum vs. stainless and recycled Volvo parts. Hmmm...

I wouldn't drive one of those shit boxes if you paid me.

They'd probably all be off the road by now without the few wanna be Marty McFlies out there. And a couple old school cocaine drug lords that keep them around strictly for nostalgia.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Aluminum vs. stainless and recycled Volvo parts. Hmmm...
I wouldn't drive one of those shit boxes if you paid me.
They'd probably all be off the road by now without the few wanna be Marty McFlies out there. And a couple old school cocaine drug lords that keep them around strictly for nostalgia.

What a rude comment to make. Do you know price of Deloreans on average have doubled over the past 10 years.? One just went this past week for $55k on Mecum auctions. Owners are not all BTTF fans, the Delorean is a unique and highly collectible 40 year old classic vehicle.

I wish I never sold mine. That “shit box” was a blast to drive and would attract more attention then a brand new Lamborghini or Ferrari.

#48 3 years ago

Well, I had to work on them and I thought it was a piece of shit.

#49 3 years ago

Has anyone else seen this cool photo from the 50's?

l8tSGmP.jpgl8tSGmP.jpg
#50 3 years ago

I like this one better without that car from the 80s photoshopped in there.

And the McDonalds in Downey is still sporting that classic look.

5f060b05aee6a834ba4aad62 (1) (resized).jpeg5f060b05aee6a834ba4aad62 (1) (resized).jpegHistoric_Downey_McDonalds_and_Museum (resized).jpgHistoric_Downey_McDonalds_and_Museum (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.