You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hot wheels (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240317_130742_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_220749_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240309_211848_Instagram (resized).jpg
BTTF_TIME_TRAVEL_MEMORIES-_II_INSTAGRAM_LIMITED_EDITION_WHITE_ENG__14927 (resized).jpg
2074cfea-8f34-43f8-a53a-c92446a8c963 (resized).jpg
IMG_4485 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220104-125842_Instagram (resized).jpg
69BA0C5A-87BE-4753-9BF4-A9928AD5CE4C (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211129-003455_Instagram (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240123_094356_Instagram (resized).jpg
20230107_111617 (resized).jpg
IMG_2098.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.13.12?PM (resized).png
IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 41.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I can almost guarantee you no pro on this one. It will likely be a Kapow release with the lowest tier a premium.
Premium / unlimited
LE total of 1021 (Back To The Future Day)
SLE total of 88.
* They might have naming reflecting the franchise such as Flux Capacitor Edition etc “FCE”
I predict all three movies / time periods from the franchise will be represented with 3 playfields.
Main - 1985 / 1955 present / past
Lower - 1885 / past
Upper - 2015 / future
I can see them using magnets or some method to have the pinball hover under a hover board or something similar on the 2015 playfield section.
Lower playfield should have drop targets as a “shoot out” / western scene in 1885. But could also be a train / tunnel situation trying to hit shots to save Clara.
LED light show when hitting the spinner / combo shots getting the ball up to “88MPH”.
Huey Lewis songs need to be included.
Easy to have a mode with needing to hit a hurry up mode the disappearing/ fading picture on the LCD screen. (During enchantment under the sea dance)
Alphanumeric LED display incorporated into the playfield representing / changing the time period you are in.
A mix of traditional call out lines old and new from the actual actors / actresses.
The Flux Capacitor in someway will be represented. Maybe even as a topper option. I could also see the clock tower as a Topper.

This all sounds great but man I hope you are wrong about it not being a cornerstone release. I feel like Stern is going to want this game on location everywhere and the Pro is how they accomplish that. Plus with the fat price increase it seems more likely it is possible. If the cheapest BTTF is over $9000 nobody will get to play it on location!

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

This all sounds great but man I hope you are wrong about it not being a cornerstone release. I feel like Stern is going to want this game on location everywhere and the Pro is how they accomplish that. Plus with the fat price increase it seems more likely it is possible. If the cheapest BTTF is over $9000 nobody will get to play it on location!

It will be a “cornerstone” game but I think they are going to want to keep this game playfield toys / overall experience the same on all of the trim levels, (think EHOH) with cosmetic / signatures & a gimmick such as piece of metal from the deloreon or Nike Mags in your shoe size (think couch piece from EHOH for the SLE) perhaps to be included on higher models. I really don’t see a Pro at all on this game especially since it will very much be a “Kapow” release.

Think Kapow Batman 66 pricing structure... only a $400-500 increase and an increase of many more Limited Editions.

Batman 66 Premium - MSRP when new: $8,599.00
Batman 66 Limited Edtion - MSRP when new: $9,999.00 (they made 240.. pretty sure for BTTF they’d make 1021 and why not they just did 1000 Godzilla’s and sold out on day one)
Batman 66 SLE (*80 units... which BTTF would obviously be 88 SLE’s) MSRP when new: $14,999.00

Only likely now to potentially $400-500 price increase from those.

I’m in on an SLE securing one will be tough. If you are a distributor I’d like to secure one on your “list” PM me please!!

Kapow Back To The Future MSRP Pricing :

Premium - $8999.00 x unlimited amount
LE - $10,499.00 x 1021
SLE - $15,499.00 x 88

Missed out on day one of securing one ?! These will likely be the Pinside Marketplace “flipper” prices:

Premium - $10,800 (about 20% increase) x unlimited amount
LE - $13,125 x 1021 (about 25% increase)
SLE - $20k-30k+ x 88 (about 30%-x increase * think JJP pirates and CE GNR prices on the flip market)

#203 2 years ago

My concern (although not seeing the Godzilla LE trim in person yet - but looks a lot like the Mando LE trim) is that BTTF will be "DeLorean" color and will be three straight gray trims.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I too am a massive BTTF future fan. I sold mine 3 years ago for $3700 and rebought it a year later. I will again soon be selling my BTTF pin which is pretty nice just to fund the Stern one. Can I ask what you sold it for or PM me?

You did good! I sold mine for $3,500 but it was to a buddy of mine so I gave him a discount. I know I could’ve made at least $4k on it, and in this current pin market it might fetch even more than that, however with every passing day the BTTF2 rumors grow stronger and will start driving down interest in the original as well as the price. Think Cactus Canyon. If you truly want to sell, your window is closing fast. Good luck!

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I can almost guarantee you no pro on this one. It will likely be a Kapow release with the lowest tier a premium.
Premium / unlimited
LE total of 1021 (Back To The Future Day)
SLE total of 88.
* They might have naming reflecting the franchise such as Flux Capacitor Edition etc “FCE”
I predict all three movies / time periods from the franchise will be represented with 3 playfields.
Main - 1985 / 1955 present / past
Lower - 1885 / past
Upper - 2015 / future
I can see them using magnets or some method to have the pinball hover under a hover board or something similar on the 2015 playfield section.
Lower playfield should have drop targets as a “shoot out” / western scene in 1885. But could also be a train / tunnel situation trying to hit shots to save Clara.
LED light show when hitting the spinner / combo shots getting the ball up to “88MPH”.
Huey Lewis songs need to be included.
Easy to have a mode with needing to hit a hurry up mode the disappearing/ fading picture on the LCD screen. (During enchantment under the sea dance)
Alphanumeric LED display incorporated into the playfield representing / changing the time period you are in.
A mix of traditional call out lines old and new from the actual actors / actresses.
The Flux Capacitor in someway will be represented. Maybe even as a topper option. I could also see the clock tower as a Topper.

*Not 1021, it’s 1026.

I would be ecstatic if the game included these types of features. I really hope they don’t skimp out on this title as they have done in the past. For example, I like Star Wars, but they could’ve added so much more. The game should have at least had magnets to simulate the force. That’s my concern with BTTF.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

My concern (although not seeing the Godzilla LE trim in person yet - but looks a lot like the Mando LE trim) is that BTTF will be "DeLorean" color and will be three straight gray trims.

My hope is that if they do go grey its the stainless steel brushed metal look of the DeLorean. Hell, I might even be okay with a hoverboard pink trim. haha

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I know I could’ve made at least $4k on it, and in this current pin market it might fetch even more than that . . .

$14K apparently if you're in the California area

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

$14K apparently if you're in the California area

Ha, yeah. Wish I had an almanac to see that one coming.

66111FC2-6D40-4D3B-B4D5-2BF89F452FBE.gif66111FC2-6D40-4D3B-B4D5-2BF89F452FBE.gif
#209 2 years ago

We were able to secure an LE if cornerstone, signature if it mimics EHOH pricing.

The rumors are strong enough to make this possible, so it seems safe to say it is happening in 2022 (I really hope so).

80's to early oughts nostalgia sells. Maybe Homepin will land the captain planet license, lol.

#210 2 years ago

What’s the current rumor on who the designer is?

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What’s the current rumor on who the designer is?

Borg. I hope that if Rush is next and it's by Borg we don't have to wait a year for BTTF!

#212 2 years ago

Borg. I hope that if Rush is next and it's by Borg we don't have to wait a year for BTTF!

Prepare to wait a year.

#214 2 years ago

Godzilla does look cool.

Theme isn’t that appealing to me, but watching the stream.. makes me want one.

Holding out for BTTF tho.

So are we now Thinking it’s going to be a Kapow
Game with SLE.. oh my!

#215 2 years ago

I wonder what the SLE will have, signatures from Llyod and MJ ?

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Godzilla does look cool.
Theme isn’t that appealing to me, but watching the stream.. makes me want one.
Holding out for BTTF tho.
So are we now Thinking it’s going to be a Kapow
Game with SLE.. oh my!

Yep Kapow NO PRO. All playfields will be the same layout. Fueled with music by Alan Silvestri & Huey Lewis & The News...

-Premium Unlimited amount MSRP $9499
-Limited Edition (1000-1021 / 1026 max) MSRP $10,999 (Mirrored glass, Designer signatures, Alt art) Stainless Steel (Deloreon) armor, art blades, shaker, HD Glass
-SLE (TOTAL of 88) $15,499 Everything the LE has + (actor / actress signatures) *Piece of movie memorabilia used on screen (shards of the Deloreon with COA), Special additional toy on playfield, Your name will be in the game code, comes with Nike Air Mags in your shoe size.

A donation should also be made on every BTTF sold from STERN to help the Michael J. Fox Parkinson's foundation / research.

#217 2 years ago

I see BTTF as being a normal Cornerstone pro/premium/LE.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yep Kapow NO PRO. All playfields will be the same layout. Fueled with music by Alan Silvestri & Huey Lewis & The News...
-Limited Edition (1000-1021 / 1026 max) MSRP $10,999 (Mirrored glass, Designer signatures, Alt art) Stainless Steel (Deloreon) armor, art blades, shaker, HD Glass
-SLE (TOTAL of 88) $15,499 Everything the LE has + (actor / actress signatures) *Piece of movie memorabilia used on screen (shards of the Deloreon with COA), Special additional toy on playfield, Your name will be in the game code, comes with Nike Air Mags in your shoe size.
A donation should also be made on every BTTF sold from STERN to help the Michael J. Fox Parkinson's foundation / research.

OMG I need SLE. I like need it.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I see BTTF as being a normal Cornerstone pro/premium/LE.

I do too. It just makes sense to get it into the most people's hands. Huge license. Way more people will want over BM66 and EHOH.

#220 2 years ago

I do too. It just makes sense to get it into the most people's hands. Huge license. Way more people will want over BM66 and EHOH.

Makes more sense for more locations to have this title, which is why I see a pro being available.

I would not be at all surprised to see a SLE, even if it is a cornerstone title.

#221 2 years ago

What is a cornerstone title?

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is written as fact but it’s total (though reasonable) speculation without a source …

#223 2 years ago

I hope its true.. after I read it I literally almost fainted. Kind of like a girl at a MJ concert.

mj_fans_club_jegan_worldwidemichaeljacksonfans.blogspot (21) (resized).pngmj_fans_club_jegan_worldwidemichaeljacksonfans.blogspot (21) (resized).png
#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The regular Stern releases every year as opposed to the boutique/special releases (e.g. Whoa Nellie!, Batman 66, Elvira) that are generally expected to be lower demand titles.

Unlike cornerstone titles that have Pro/Premium/LE models there is no general schedule as to when Boutique titles are released and they don’t have/haven’t had Pro models (i.e. Playfield features are the same on all trims of a Boutique game).

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

FYI this is based off zero facts all. Also, no one is breaking off pieces of the original Delorean(s) for a pinball machine.

#226 2 years ago

This thread is hilarious.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

normal Cornerstone pro/premium/LE.

#228 2 years ago

FYI this is based off zero facts all. Also, no one is breaking off pieces of the original Delorean(s) for a pinball machine.

Actually, Joe Kaminkow (Ka-Pow!) has mentioned a BTTF project in the works a few times now. Two of which Thunderbird referenced earlier in this thread, and I found one during the the Super Awesome Pinball Show (S01 E04). Joe K. ended his interview at about the 1:36 mark saying "I’ll talk to you about Doc Brown and our pinball project later…oops, did I say something I shouldn’t have?"

#229 2 years ago

He could just be involved with acquiring the license to make BTTF a cornerstone game, not necessarily turn it into a boutique game.

#230 2 years ago

He could just be involved with acquiring the license to make BTTF a cornerstone game, not necessarily turn it into a boutique game.

Umm, no. If Joe is involved in BTTF (likely) it’s a boutique game. Part of the extra cost over a cornerstone goes to pay Ka-POW!

#231 2 years ago

no one is breaking off pieces of the original Delorean(s) for a pinball machine.

Perhaps not a pinball machine, but when Universal Studios needed help rebuilding parts from one of the screen used Deloreon's they sent the old used parts from the original in a shadow / display box with a COA to those that helped bring back the car. : "A DeLorean used in the Back to the Future series was left to basically rot at the Universal Studios backlot, leading Back to the Future. Co-creator / Producer Bob Gale and a team of fans to attempt to restore the iconic DeLorean...an actual piece of a DeLorean used in all 3 Back to the Future films was sent to those that helped. The piece came framed in a new 4" x 4" frame with movie art / COA. Display can stand or can hang on a wall."

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, no. If Joe is involved in BTTF (likely) it’s a boutique game. Part of the extra cost over a cornerstone goes to pay Ka-POW!

Uh no. Keep an open mind. Only 2 in his career so far have been Kapow premium games. Sure is a long list of games he was involved in over the years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/joe-kaminkow

I can't see Stern wanting to pass up having hundreds of pros on location.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Perhaps not a pinball machine, but when Universal Studios needed help rebuilding parts from one of the screen used Deloreon's they sent the old used parts from the original in a shadow / display box with a COA to those that helped bring back the car. : "A DeLorean used in the Back to the Future series was left to basically rot at the Universal Studios backlot, leading Back to the Future. Co-creator / Producer Bob Gale and a team of fans to attempt to restore the iconic DeLorean...an actual piece of a DeLorean used in all 3 Back to the Future films was sent to those that helped. The piece came framed in a new 4" x 4" frame with movie art / COA. Display can stand or can hang on a wall."

I have that documentary. Those guys spent SO many hours restoring that. The most interesting part is them looking the same parts they used to mock up the originals. A lot of it was bought at surplus stores in California. Like the nuclear chamber (the metal ribs you see) is from a hubcap from a 67-68 dodge charger

#234 2 years ago

Uh no. Keep an open mind. Only 2 in his career so far have been Kapow premium games. Sure is a long list of games he was involved in over the years.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/joe-kaminkow
I can't see Stern wanting to pass up having hundreds of pros on location.

You need to look at what he’s doing now, not ancient history. If Joe is involved with a Stern BTTF pin, it will not be a cornerstone title. If you’d care to bet me otherwise LMK.

#235 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for opening this thread, now I can't sleep or think, and I already went to taco bell twice today just because Im stressed out about obtaining a BTTF pinball machine.

by the time it comes out I will have gained 30 lbs and I wont even know if I will be able to get one or if it will be sold out!

Great!

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You need to look at what he’s doing now, not ancient history. If Joe is involved with a Stern BTTF pin, it will not be a cornerstone title. If you’d care to bet me otherwise LMK.

What everrrrrrrrr

History shows he does many tasks at Stern.

#237 2 years ago

History shows he does many tasks at Stern.

Lol. It shows no such thing.

He was certainly a key player in the DE/Sega days. His recent Stern business relationship dealt with the licensing of The Beatles and Batman 66 games because of his involvement with IGT and Aristrocrat slots.

If you have specific evidence that his involvement with a BTTF pin would be any different, post it. Otherwise wait and see. But don’t hold your breath for a Pro model if Joe’s involved.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He was certainly a key player in the DE/Sega days. His recent Stern business relationship dealt with the licensing of The Beatles and Batman 66 games because of his involvement with IGT and Aristrocrat slots.

If you have specific evidence that his involvement with a BTTF pin would be any different, post it. Otherwise wait and see. But don’t hold your breath for a Pro model if Joe’s involved.

As if you have any idea what he is involved with in day to day dealings with at Stern.

#239 2 years ago

As if you have any idea what he is involved with in day to day dealings with at Stern.

Obviously more than you do.

#240 2 years ago

When Kaminkow was on the loser kid podcast not too long ago he said he brought the munsters license to stern. That was a cornerstone game. So there is at least that one example. So it is possible he brings BTTF as a cornerstone.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

When Kaminkow was on the loser kid podcast not too long ago he said he brought the munsters license to stern. That was a cornerstone game. So there is at least that one example. So it is possible he brings BTTF as a cornerstone.

Agreed!!!

Quoted from jfh:

Obviously more than you do.

You just think you do. Haha!!

So, I guess you also believe that Rush pin rumor will be a boutique game?

#242 2 years ago

Joe may have suggested Munsters to Stern but I’m pretty sure it was not licensed through Ka-pow unless I misunderstood when I talked to Borg about it.

While anything is possible, I would be very surprised to see BTTF as a cornerstone if Ka-POW is involved.

I don’t know why I’m bothering with this - I don’t care if there is a Pro for BTTF. I want a Premium/LE. It’s one of my grail themes and I don’t want a stripped down version of the game. Ironically, Munsters was the only time I’ve considered getting a Pro. But Godzilla has raised the bar for Premiums, especially with the new pricing so I hope if BTTF shows up by 1Q it measures up.

#243 2 years ago

So, I guess you also believe that Rush pin rumor will be a boutique game?

I have zero interest in Rush. Don’t know, don’t care. Haven’t spent any time talking to anyone about it.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

While anything is possible, I would be very surprised to see BTTF as a cornerstone if Ka-POW is involved.

Just because he helps seal a license for Stern to make a game these days, it doesn't automatically become a Kapow boutique game.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have zero interest in Rush. Don’t know, don’t care. Haven’t spent any time talking to anyone about it.

Just from what I read on Pinside, I see Rush being another cornerstone game. Plus, the appeal of the band in many countries where pinball exists, it will sell more than a boutique game would.

#246 2 years ago

Just because he helps seal a license for Stern to make a game these days, it doesn't automatically become a Kapow boutique game.

We finally agree on something.

I pretty certain if Joe is involved with the BTTF pin, it will be a boutique title. But who cares as long as we get a good BTTF pin?

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know why I’m bothering with this - I don’t care if there is a Pro for BTTF. I want a Premium/LE. It’s one of my grail themes and I don’t want a stripped down version of the game.

I am usually in the rather see/play Stern premium over the pro, but this is more about Stern bringing a major cornerstone title to appeal to everyone, including operators, who Stern claims orders mostly orders pros.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

We finally agree on something.

Doesn't seem like it. Nevertheless, I hope Stern doesn't Jurassic Park the LCD content.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks a lot for opening this thread, now I can't sleep or think, and I already went to taco bell twice today just because Im stressed out about obtaining a BTTF pinball machine.
by the time it comes out I will have gained 30 lbs and I wont even know if I will be able to get one or if it will be sold out!
Great!

63FF7105-0A78-4EE1-8F96-456952CDBF35 (resized).jpeg63FF7105-0A78-4EE1-8F96-456952CDBF35 (resized).jpeg
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But Godzilla has raised the bar for Premiums, especially with the new pricing so I hope if BTTF shows up by 1Q it measures up.

There’s no Stern BTTF, brothah. Sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 2,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott/page/5?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.