You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hot wheels (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240317_130742_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_220749_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240309_211848_Instagram (resized).jpg
BTTF_TIME_TRAVEL_MEMORIES-_II_INSTAGRAM_LIMITED_EDITION_WHITE_ENG__14927 (resized).jpg
2074cfea-8f34-43f8-a53a-c92446a8c963 (resized).jpg
IMG_4485 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220104-125842_Instagram (resized).jpg
69BA0C5A-87BE-4753-9BF4-A9928AD5CE4C (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211129-003455_Instagram (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240123_094356_Instagram (resized).jpg
20230107_111617 (resized).jpg
IMG_2098.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.13.12?PM (resized).png
IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.
#151 2 years ago

dear god no. this would be a colossal mistake to go with this sort of art. They need Franchi style art for sure on this title with the rights to all the actors.

#152 2 years ago

I love Randy Martinez art on both the SW and Mando pins -- I'd love to see what he could do for BTTF. Also just came across this piece by Ruiz Burgos. Man I love me some sweet BTTF art.

98d58f9fc989458573427ca4773df749 (resized).jpg98d58f9fc989458573427ca4773df749 (resized).jpg
#153 2 years ago

Keep the hype coming. Let’s make this real!

#154 2 years ago

I just had a chance over the weekend to play a hot wheels which was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Lots of cool features, like the spinning car in the center - that would be a neat feature to have a Delorean on a spinner like that, keep hitting it to rev it up to 88mph to light time/mission. I also liked the RPM skill shot, and the lenticular backboard was really neat with the cars popping out like that.. Id like to see that in more pins, would be great for BTTF.

tumblr_omz95qNbMf1r0ecrho6_400 (resized).pngtumblr_omz95qNbMf1r0ecrho6_400 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#155 2 years ago

LOTR ring shot in the middle.. Flames either side to make it the 88mph shot.. could replace the balrog with the VW camper van with terrorists

#156 2 years ago

I wanna see a flux capacitor in a window under the playfield, with the counter. Hit the spinner to charge it up to 88mph. How cool would that be to see that thing lit up ready to jump to a new time?! Hitting a ramp or a scoop could trigger the game to go dark and play a video clip along with a lightning light show. Then the game resumes with the music changing to the time period youre in.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u19 (resized).jpgst,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u19 (resized).jpg
#157 2 years ago

Latest rumor is Borg is on BTTF2.

I really like what he did with Turtles. Makes sense if he's on BTTF2. Stern's new Turtles brought back some elements from the Data East game (like the pizza spinner). Do you think they might bring back some elements from the Data East BTTF game also? I've never played it.. is there any features on that old game that were good enough to bring back for the new one?

bttfde (resized).pngbttfde (resized).pngtmnt (resized).pngtmnt (resized).png
#159 2 years ago

The Flux Capacitor, the Audio / Power of Love... Outside of that I agree. I'm guessing it's going to be a STERN / Kapow release.

#160 2 years ago

Lol. Damn, its really that bad?

#161 2 years ago

Pretty bad for what they had to work with. My favourite part was Biff “Hey Mcfly!” call out. No orbits and too easy ramp shots and the clock tower constantly ringing gets super annoying.

#162 2 years ago

I saw this last night after going to the bar to play some Congo. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to get a good shot, but it’s better than nothing.

EF4FF5C6-937C-4C71-8D94-C05E8F6A4DBB (resized).jpegEF4FF5C6-937C-4C71-8D94-C05E8F6A4DBB (resized).jpeg
#163 2 years ago

I can see the main structure being like SW and Mando. 3 movies, play 4 modes/scenes from each movie and get a mini wizard mode for each movie. Hit ramps to build speed. Lock a ball at 88mph at the Delorian scoop/toy. 3 locks for Back in Time mb.

#164 2 years ago

I’m ashamed to say i’m in on this without seeing it..
Borg games I own, GOTGLE, Munsters.. as far as layout goes I think it will be good..

But it’s the code.. It needed Lyman for greatness..

I also hear that a price increase is coming.. if it
Is $1000-$1500 for the LE then I hope it is to give the games a BOM to deliver against JJP.

#165 2 years ago

I was under the impression Borg was on Rush after Godzilla is released

I’m hoping it’s true but we’ll see

Already contacted my distributor about an LE if it ever happens got a chuckled will do

#166 2 years ago

Please please make this real lol. First Stern I bought sight unseen was LZLE. Love the theme but I couldn’t justify hanging onto it with such a small collection.

I told myself I’d never buy a NIB ever again EXCEPT for a BTTF pin!!! Count me in for a LE. Wish this was gonna be a jjp but stern has what it takes to do this theme justice. Fingers crossed

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Latest rumor is Borg is on BTTF2.
I really like what he did with Turtles. Makes sense if he's on BTTF2. Stern's new Turtles brought back some elements from the Data East game (like the pizza spinner). Do you think they might bring back some elements from the Data East BTTF game also? I've never played it.. is there any features on that old game that were good enough to bring back for the new one?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No. sometimes DE has the best versions of games. Like GNR, DE is still the best. SW, DE version is awesome. With BTTF. The game blows ass.

#169 2 years ago

BTTF2 is definitely coming, and I’m freaking excited.

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I was under the impression Borg was on Rush after Godzilla is released
I’m hoping it’s true but we’ll see
Already contacted my distributor about an LE if it ever happens got a chuckled will do

If not Borg, who? Gomez? Rumors seem unanimous that Elwin is on Godzilla, and I'm having a hard time buying that Rush is real. They just did LZ! Another music pin so soon?

The Stern/Kapow games historically have been announced in mid-Sept/late-Oct time frame, I'm hoping the same will happen for BTTF2 this year. Spooky revealed 2 themes/games which surprised everyone.. I'm wondering if Stern is considering revealing multiple games.. If the price hike is true I'm definitely going to have to be more selective with which games I go in on. BTTF is a dream theme for me and I'm in on whatever the top limited model is. Ive been on my distributor's waiting list for this game for over a year.. they thought I was nuts then, they emailed me saying theres a ton of people on the list after me now.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

BTTF2 is definitely coming, and I’m freaking excited.

If not Borg, who? Gomez? Rumors seem unanimous that Elwin is on Godzilla, and I'm having a hard time buying that Rush is real. They just did LZ! Another music pin so soon?
The Stern/Kapow games historically have been announced in mid-Sept/late-Oct time frame, I'm hoping the same will happen for BTTF2 this year. Spooky revealed 2 themes/games which surprised everyone.. I'm wondering if Stern is considering revealing multiple games.. If the price hike is true I'm definitely going to have to be more selective with which games I go in on. BTTF is a dream theme for me and I'm in on whatever the top limited model is. Ive been on my distributor's waiting list for this game for over a year.. they thought I was nuts then, they emailed me saying theres a ton of people on the list after me now.

I will say this, when I was at the factory two weeks ago on a Sunday (see this thread if you missed my awesome experience... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-unexpected-stern-factory-tour-ever-george-gomez-rules#post-6427101 )
and I briefly brought up that I hoped BTTF was in the pipeline and George just completely ignored me and kept on talking as if he didn't hear me say a thing lol

#171 2 years ago

An LE is now £12,000 over here in UK.. Stern want bigger slice, Electrocoin who Stern deal with and then my Distributor..

BTTF will be my last NIB LE/SLE, so I hope someone like Gomez is the designer.. and someone with the same vision as Lyman on code..

Time will tell

#172 2 years ago

It makes the most sense to have this released or teased on the following dates: Oct. 21st Oct. 26th or Nov. 12th. With Pinball Expo the 27th It would make nice timing. Although many say it's Godzilla followed by BTTF.

#173 2 years ago

What do we hope it has in in the game?
Clock tower sculpture.. with maybe El wire for the cables…

Hover board that locks balls..
Flux capacitor ramp..
Train sculpture that glows different colours like burning fuel packs..
Ramp like LOTR middle ramp that is the 88mph shot..
light up Day-month-Year panel

Digital counter that goes upto 88mph in centre of the playfield..

Loads of modes with full licensing for clips..

#174 2 years ago

. . . and what we'll get is another Mick on a stick

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Flux capacitor ramp..

I myself would hope that a Clock tower is present with maybe a small LCD display with a clock imaging the clock arms

This could count down modes and show real time in attract mode (like TZ)

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Flux capacitor ramp..

Lock balls in Mr. Fusion... we need fuel!

73-back-to-the-future-mr-fusion (resized).jpg73-back-to-the-future-mr-fusion (resized).jpg
#177 2 years ago

I hope they make a "shoddy bomb casing full of pinball machine parts" edition of BTTF.

#178 2 years ago

So we have any real inkling of what’s coming within the next 3-4 weeks ??

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I hope they make a "shoddy bomb casing full of pinball machine parts" edition of BTTF.

But isn't that every Stern?

#180 2 years ago

It needs a full set of alphanumeric displays for the time circuit.

4515D343-D99E-408D-9B3F-4EA918A5B433 (resized).jpeg4515D343-D99E-408D-9B3F-4EA918A5B433 (resized).jpeg
#181 2 years ago

With Stern redoing a lot of the old Data East themes, I think this one will be done too. I personally am not interested, but hope they do it soon for all you fan boys. Then we can move on and start a Stern Robocop hype thread which I would be really excited for.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It needs a full set of alphanumeric displays for the time circuit.
[quoted image]

I could see this being incorporated into an interactive topper - could flash or light up which time you're actively in during gameplay.

#183 2 years ago

From MJF's Instagram. Back to Back. How did the final likeness approvals go guys? hehe

mjf (resized).pngmjf (resized).png

#184 2 years ago

My Data East BTTF will be up for sale if this actually comes to fruition. Personally I think it’s a fun simpler game. My kids love it because they understand the rules

#185 2 years ago

I see some predictions that the next game won't be released until late October. There is no way it will be that long. It has been 4 months in like a week. They will probably atleast tease the next title in a week or 2.

#186 2 years ago

Oct 26th would make the most sense

#187 2 years ago

List (resized).jpgList (resized).jpg

Jokes aside if its Elwin's its probably gonna be good.. but if I have $ for one game its going to BTTF.

1 week later
#188 2 years ago

BTTF was the inspiration for Rick and Morty. Pretty cool to see CL playing Rick in this promo.. not sure about the kid.
When I think of a live action Morty, I think of Michael Cera.

1 week later
#189 2 years ago

I got my name on the list for a BTTF LE. I am anxious to play Godzilla - but BTTF is a theme that I am more excited about!

#190 2 years ago

So I am hearing Borg on Rush next but also Borg on BTTF after Rush...so how can that be? 2 games 1 playfield like Halloween/Ultraman? 1 new design and 1 reskin? Rush is code for BTTF?

#191 2 years ago

The actual “A Car / Hero car” Delorean from the first movie has been on display for the last week in D.C. I made friends with the Hagerty guys since I basically visited it every day and on its last day they asked if I’d like to help push it into the trailer. Pretty amazing experience. Can’t wait for this pin!!

07804F9D-50EE-4281-ADBD-5EE159067586 (resized).jpeg07804F9D-50EE-4281-ADBD-5EE159067586 (resized).jpegD6A1C1DD-3A0A-4CCA-9B25-6B1C48A53A7A (resized).jpegD6A1C1DD-3A0A-4CCA-9B25-6B1C48A53A7A (resized).jpegF05073EE-0F11-4ED4-8BC0-4FEF5628FE08 (resized).jpegF05073EE-0F11-4ED4-8BC0-4FEF5628FE08 (resized).jpeg
#192 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So I am hearing Borg on Rush next but also Borg on BTTF after Rush...so how can that be? 2 games 1 playfield like Halloween/Ultraman? 1 new design and 1 reskin? Rush is code for BTTF?

That's interesting (and makes total sense) if "Rush" is the codename for it. I wouldnt be surprised if they used the old game as a jumping off point they kinda did that with Turtles, and Borg was on that too.

Quoted from Dexter:

I got my name on the list for a BTTF LE. I am anxious to play Godzilla - but BTTF is a theme that I am more excited about!

Yeah same. GZ looks fun but I gotta save all my $$ for BTTF. I was at my distro yesterday and they said they put in my number request for BTTF and Stern didnt deny it. Its coming. I'm holding out hope for a Dec reveal. They revealed LZ in Dec last year so its... possible.

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

The actual “A Car / Hero car” Delorean from the first movie has been on display for the last week in D.C. I made friends with the Hagerty guys since I basically visited it every day and on its last day they asked if I’d like to help push it into the trailer. Pretty amazing experience. Can’t wait for this pin!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. You physically touched film history! Im jealous lol thats so awesome! If I could have any movie car it would be that beauty.

#193 2 years ago

Wait, I'm so confused. So you have get a reservation in for a game before official preorder? I will be ordering a premium model...can I wait for the initial batch to come out before I order so quality control is a bit more polished? This will be my first NIB so forgive the noob questions.

#194 2 years ago

I also believe this game is absolutely no doubt coming from discussions Ive had too. It’s almost comical on how no one is denying it at all. This is top five themes and unless stern absolutely screws this up, I’ll be all over it

#195 2 years ago

Wait, I'm so confused. So you have get a reservation in for a game before official preorder? I will be ordering a premium model...can I wait for the initial batch to come out before I order so quality control is a bit more polished? This will be my first NIB so forgive the noob questions.

I plan on waiting for a 2nd run at least like my last 2 NIB purchases. Can guarantee BTTF will be built for at least 3 years.

#196 2 years ago

No, you don't have to but it shouldn't cost you anything to get added to an interest list for a game prior to the announcement. Distributors can let Stern know how many people are interested (and for which trim) and it usually helps with their initial allocation as well as sets the tone for demand. You can totally wait on it, but just be prepared you may end up having to wait a while. Once the game is announced the distributors usually come back around to everyone on the list to see whos still interested and collect everyone's deposits.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I also believe this game is absolutely no doubt coming from discussions Ive had to. It’s almost comical on how no one is denying it at all. This is top five themes and unless stern absolutely screws this up, I’ll be all over it

I sold my immaculate DE BTTF this past November on my gut feeling that Stern would remake it. It was my first pin, and there’s nothing else on Earth I'm a bigger fan of than BTTF. It was a very, very difficult decision. My friends and family thought I went mad. When I read posts like yours, it makes me regret it less. My body is ready. My wallet is another story.

#198 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So jealous, congrats you lucky bastard! I’d pay money to do that.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

So jealous, congrats you lucky bastard! I’d pay money to do that.

I too am a massive BTTF future fan. I sold mine 3 years ago for $3700 and rebought it a year later. I will again soon be selling my BTTF pin which is pretty nice just to fund the Stern one. Can I ask what you sold it for or PM me?

#200 2 years ago

I can almost guarantee you no pro on this one. It will likely be a Kapow release with the lowest tier a premium.

Premium / unlimited
LE total of 1021 (Back To The Future Day)
SLE total of 88.
* They might have naming reflecting the franchise such as Flux Capacitor Edition etc “FCE”

I predict all three movies / time periods from the franchise will be represented with 3 playfields.

Main - 1985 / 1955 present / past
Lower - 1885 / past
Upper - 2015 / future

I can see them using magnets or some method to have the pinball hover under a hover board or something similar on the 2015 playfield section.

Lower playfield should have drop targets as a “shoot out” / western scene in 1885. But could also be a train / tunnel situation trying to hit shots to save Clara.

LED light show when hitting the spinner / combo shots getting the ball up to “88MPH”.

Huey Lewis songs need to be included.

Easy to have a mode with needing to hit a hurry up mode the disappearing/ fading picture on the LCD screen. (During enchantment under the sea dance)

Alphanumeric LED display incorporated into the playfield representing / changing the time period you are in.

A mix of traditional call out lines old and new from the actual actors / actresses.

The Flux Capacitor in someway will be represented. Maybe even as a topper option. I could also see the clock tower as a Topper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
There are 2,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott/page/4?hl=afinemoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.