1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
IMG_3418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5199 (resized).JPEG
last_starfighter_bttf (resized).png
There are 2,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.
#2151 50 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

So I should buy a DE bttf right now and install this?

Yessir!

#2153 50 days ago
#2154 50 days ago

That's looney tunes! He is in my state too... Thing is some people pay close to this much for this game because of the theme and they are newer to the hobby. If he's patient enough he can probably get above market value (like he probably paid) but not $8500 as it is. IMO.
I had no problem paying $5000 for mine (at height of Covid) because I know I can make a profit listing it in a BTTF group (not a pinball group). Plus mine had NVRAM and all LEDS and mint boards.

Edit - and holy crap the pinsound rom! Did watch the video? $400 but man it's tempting.

#2155 50 days ago

Nice to see some love for the DE BTTF Mix is awesome. Stays true to the original soundtrack and brings it closer to the feel of a modern game.

#2156 46 days ago

FYI, Dutch announced “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” from DPX, their boutique shop:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/dutch-pinball-s-teases-upcoming-alice-in-wonderland-pinball-machine-adds-new-u-s-distributors

Well, the title was announced but not many more details.

#2157 46 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

FYI, Dutch announced “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” from DPX, their boutique shop:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/dutch-pinball-s-teases-upcoming-alice-in-wonderland-pinball-machine-adds-new-u-s-distributors
Well, the title was announced but not many more details.

I thought BTTF was next?

#2158 46 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I thought BTTF was next?

It is supposed to be after AIW. The rumor is a very small run of AIW, 100 games.

#2159 46 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Edit - and holy crap the pinsound rom! Did watch the video? $400 but man it's tempting.

It sounds amazing! You should go for it.

#2160 46 days ago

Now that brought a smile to my face, incredible work. Never played the game, how does it shoot?

#2161 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Now that brought a smile to my face, incredible work. Never played the game, how does it shoot?

In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, people are way too harsh on this game. It is a shallow game from 1990 much like the majority of games from 1990 and before. It puts a smile on my face every time I play though. That's what it's all about.

#2162 46 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It is supposed to be after AIW. The rumor is a very small run of AIW, 100 games.

I think it's 500 games? Also, AIW is being made by DPX (Dutch Pinball X). BTTF is being made by Dutch Pinball. Barry is designing BTTF and Melvin (I think that's his name) is designing AIW. I do believe their production will overlap. They are being built in 2 different factories across the street from each other.

#2163 45 days ago

In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, people are way too harsh on this game. It is a shallow game from 1990 much like the majority of games from 1990 and before. It puts a smile on my face every time I play though. That's what it's all about.

I completely agree with your assessment

#2164 45 days ago

I think it's 500 games? Also, AIW is being made by DPX (Dutch Pinball X). BTTF is being made by Dutch Pinball. Barry is designing BTTF and Melvin (I think that's his name) is designing AIW. I do believe their production will overlap. They are being built in 2 different factories across the street from each other.

I assume this will be similar in pricing to the high end BTTF game, possibly also made by DPX (after AIW). I don't know what the difference is between DP & DPX except DPX games are going to be limited (and more expensive, of course).

#2165 42 days ago

Never noticed this before
last_starfighter_bttf (resized).pnglast_starfighter_bttf (resized).png

#2166 41 days ago

Interview with Dutch Pinball:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-interview-with-dutch-pinball-exclusive-s-melvin-williams-about-upcoming-game-alice-s-adventures

The stuff possibly relevant to us:

-Not in a rush to develop Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Plans to show it in two or three months.
Production will begin somewhere around November / December 2024. Melvin will "Move Heaven and Earth" to try to have several games at the upcoming Pinball Expo.

-The game will be limited to 500 units, just one model and priced under $15,000 USD and not just a dollar under, hopefully significantly so.

-Starting next year Dutch Pinball and DPX are hoping to build between 800 and 1,000 games per year with its recent expansion.

#2167 40 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Never noticed this before
[quoted image]

Love The Last Starfighter first movie saw in movie theatre with my Auntie and Mom

#2168 37 days ago

For those that haven’t seen this yet. Man, I’d be in on one of these! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-new-designed-playfield-white-wood-video#post-7989576

1 week later
#2169 30 days ago

While we wait...I'm working on my BTTF corner where all of my toys and props are going, along with a BTTF pinball machine someday. I finally got all of these props unpacked and put in a display case.

The Madrid Valterra skateboard is the 2015 version they made. I just took it out of the box for the first time.

The Nikes are not real Bruins. They are an all white shoe called Nike Sweet Classic that I painted red.

Vintage Aiwa tape player (not the same version as the movie) and an "Edward Van Halen" cassette that I made.

The Futaba remote control is a different version from the movie one but close enough. I did the conversion to make it look like Doc's remote control for the Delorean using a kit that I purchased online.

The Hoverboard is the real "Matty Collector" version. It has a battery pack on the bottom so I guess it makes noises but I haven't tried it.

The Nike MAGs are the generic halloweencostumes.com version that I bought 10 years ago. I finally put the decals and Nike swooshes on them. It came out OK but not great. I thought about buying a nicer replica pair made to look exactly like the real ones but they cost about $500. The real ones that Nike made in 2011 are going for something crazy like $20,000.

The Pepsi Perfect is real from the limited run in 2015.

IMG_5199 (resized).JPEGIMG_5199 (resized).JPEG
#2170 30 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

While we wait...I'm working on my BTTF corner where all of my toys and props are going, along with a BTTF pinball machine someday. I finally got all of these props unpacked and put in a display case.
The Madrid Valterra skateboard is the 2015 version they made. I just took it out of the box for the first time.
The Nikes are not real Bruins. They are an all white shoe called Nike Sweet Classic that I painted red.
Vintage Aiwa tape player (not the same version as the movie) and an "Edward Van Halen" cassette that I made.
The Futaba remote control is a different version from the movie one but close enough. I did the conversion to make it look like Doc's remote control for the Delorean using a kit that I purchased online.
The Hoverboard is the real "Matty Collector" version. It has a battery pack on the bottom so I guess it makes noises but I haven't tried it.
The Nike MAGs are the generic halloweencostumes.com version that I bought 10 years ago. I finally put the decals and Nike swooshes on them. It came out OK but not great. I thought about buying a nicer replica pair made to look exactly like the real ones but they cost about $500. The real ones that Nike made in 2011 are going for something crazy like $20,000.
[quoted image]

Sweet! I’d say you’re ready for the game!

#2171 30 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

Speaking of the futaba controller, something I picked up on as a teen because I was deep in that hobby (before the Internet and ipdb) is there are two errors in that scene.
1. The power meter is at zero, which means the controller wasnt even on
2. No controller would ever be setup to control speed on the right side. Throttle was always on the left, steering on the right

#2172 30 days ago

Bought my tickets for BTTF The Musical yesterday!

#2173 30 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

1. The power meter is at zero, which means the controller wasnt even on
2. No controller would ever be setup to control speed on the right side. Throttle was always on the left, steering on the right

Not sure if you've seen the movie but Doc has clearly modified the hell out of that thing, thus why that stuff does not really count as continuity issues.

#2174 30 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Not sure if you've seen the movie but Doc has clearly modified the hell out of that thing, thus why that stuff does not really count as continuity issues.

I mean yeaaaa.. you could argue he bypassed the meter but wouldn't you want to make sure your transmitter had enough juice before you drive a full size car through a parking lot at 88mph? And what purpose would it be to flip the channels like that? Just to be different? The only thing that should have been a "mod" Is the extra channel for.the brake, and the speed readout.

#2175 30 days ago

Bought my tickets for BTTF The Musical yesterday!

Enjoy! It's quite fun!

#2176 30 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I mean yeaaaa.. you could argue he bypassed the meter but wouldn't you want to make sure your transmitter had enough juice before you drive a full size car through a parking lot at 88mph? And what purpose would it be to flip the channels like that? Just to be different? The only thing that should have been a "mod" Is the extra channel for.the brake, and the speed readout.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

When the sticks are flipped it’s called Mode 1. Most countries other than American used it back in the day. America used Mode 2.
So it could be argued that maybe he was using a foreign transmitter?

#2177 29 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

That looks sick! Great idea, great layout, looks like it came straight out of a Planet Hollywood. I too have the skateboard from that same run. I bought all the hoverboards too because I’m a mad man. I turned the pit bull into a chandelier. Have a bunch of the other props you showed too. One of the big ones you’re missing that’s easy to get is the Almanac. The calculator watch is easy to find too.

IMG_5053 (resized).jpegIMG_5053 (resized).jpegIMG_5071 (resized).jpegIMG_5071 (resized).jpeg
#2178 29 days ago

My neighbor George McFly going for a Saturday afternoon drive.

IMG_3418 (resized).jpegIMG_3418 (resized).jpeg
#2179 29 days ago

Another memory growing up.. If you lived in san francisco or chicago during the 80s, there was a radio DJ named George Mcfly.. so during his soundchecks he would play clips from the movie

#2180 29 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Another memory growing up.. If you lived in san francisco or chicago during the 80s, there was a radio DJ named George Mcfly.. so during his soundchecks he would play clips from the movie

lol

#2181 28 days ago

Man I miss Radio Shack

#2182 28 days ago

Pretty cool. Michael J fox Learning guitar for BTTF

#2184 25 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And what purpose would it be to flip the channels like that? Just to be different?

Yes this was all there in the writing for us to appreciate, just look at all the details in Doc's 50's house- the props and set department went nut's filling out his persona through us seeing all the strange stuff he works on.

#2185 24 days ago
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).png2 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png4 (resized).png4 (resized).png5 (resized).png5 (resized).png6 (resized).png6 (resized).png7 (resized).png7 (resized).png8 (resized).png8 (resized).png
#2186 24 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You got your left and right backwards

#2189 19 days ago

Per Kaneda (straight from Barry's mouth)...no BTTF until 2025.

Edit - Although it may not have been said, I think we can agree that Barry hates me.

#2190 19 days ago

(straight from Barry's mouth)...no BTTF until 2025.

that's very vague

not manufactured until 2025 - we knew that (and only makes sense for 40th anniversary)
not shown until 2025 - we knew that was a possibility (because they weren't sure they would have something to show at chicago expo in october)

I'd be curious if they use the main factory to help build alice in wonderlands for DPX.. guessing they can't just furlough factory workers after big lebowski orders have been fullfilled.

#2191 19 days ago

I mean, I've said 2025,# bookit

#2192 18 days ago

In case you haven't seen it, I put up a new Ultimate Pinball Theme Survey:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ultimate-pinball-theme-survey-2024

Not surprising, BTTF is in the lead with over 30% of respondents choosing it as a theme they would be excited to play/own.

#2193 18 days ago

I see 3 percent…..

#2194 18 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I see 3 percent…..

The percentages shown on the survey make no sense because you can select multiple answers.

87 votes for BTTF out of 272 people responding is 32%.

#2195 18 days ago

Back to the Future float in the new mega movie parade at Universal Orlando.

IMG_0430 (resized).jpegIMG_0430 (resized).jpegIMG_0431 (resized).jpegIMG_0431 (resized).jpegIMG_0432 (resized).jpegIMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
#2196 16 days ago

2025... okay, fine! It will be interesting to see what pinball and the world around it looks like at that time.

I don't think I shared this, but in my strange day job, it was required that we did this song:

#2197 16 days ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

2025... okay, fine! It will be interesting to see what pinball and the world around it looks like at that time.
I don't think I shared this, but in my strange day job, it was required that we did this song:

Priceless. Thanks for sharing! Which one are you?

#2198 16 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Priceless. Thanks for sharing! Which one are you?

Thanks! I'm the one in the teal with the mustache

#2199 16 days ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Dude! Wow! That was amazing! I love how you snuck Back In Time in there! Full body goosebumps!

#2200 16 days ago

Dude! Wow! That was amazing! I love how you snuck Back In Time in there! Full body goosebumps!

Cru approved?! We have arrived!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.