Attach150566_20221209_094127 (resized).jpg
IMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220417-182622_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240330_202529_Instagram (resized).jpg
hot wheels (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240317_130742_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_220749_Instagram (resized).jpg
There are 2,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.
#101 3 years ago

Watching for news like...

bttf2-1 (resized).jpgbttf2-1 (resized).jpg
#102 3 years ago

Anything..? Any teasers!?

#103 3 years ago

Keep the rumor mill running. This week came and gone now rumor is a May reveal. I’m in on BTTF whenever!

1 week later
#104 3 years ago

You left your equipment on doc... The rumors have been steadily amping up that we'll get an announcement soon. My distributor told me that people keep calling them and asking to get put on the waitlist for it.. I've been on the waitlist since July of last year.. no time machine needed.

ehr228G (resized).jpgehr228G (resized).jpg
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

You left your equipment on doc... The rumors have been steadily amping up that we'll get an announcement soon. My distributor told me that people keep calling them and asking to get put on the waitlist for it.. I've been on the waitlist since July of last year.. no time machine needed.
[quoted image]

A May announcement is the latest rumor I’m spreading.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

A May announcement is the latest rumor I’m spreading.

Gonna be tough to get 4 cornerstone titles out with the 1st launch in May... I’m still hopeful for end of April.

#107 3 years ago

Rumor is Brian Eddy designing the game but who on code? Personally I'm hoping for Lyman (seems reasonable as Elvira code seems about done).

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

[quoted image]

as much as I love BTTF. There is no way i'd buy a game i've never seen. There have been way to many great theme games that are terrible games. And some terrible themes that are awesome games.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as much as I love BTTF. There is no way i'd buy a game i've never seen. There have been way to many great theme games that are terrible games. And some terrible themes that are awesome games.

What great themes have been so terrible in your opinion?

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I feel this is pretty subjective. If you're a huge fan of the theme you've already sold yourself on it because of the connection you have with it on a personal level. Any of the games you think are terrible, there's probably someone out there who would still defend it, probably for personal reasons.. and on the flipside there's people who buy games just because of the design team. Knowing the designer I think helps set some expectations for sight-unseen games regardless of the theme. I've played all of Elwin's games, so for me personally any game he does I'm confident I'll enjoy.. but that said, in order for me to want to own a game, I feel having a connection to the theme holds more weight for me (this is heavy!) Iron Maiden is a great game but I'm just not a fan of the theme/music so I would rather enjoy playing on location than have it in my collection. BTTF is a theme and franchise that I have such an affinity for its difficult for me to believe a new BTTF game would be worse than that old BTTF game. With the tech advancements since the last game there's a real opportunity to do this theme some justice finally, which is why there are so many people ready for it. I believe the people who are making this game understand this - which is why I'm remaining optimistic about it, and super excited to be on the list for one.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

What great themes have been so terrible in your opinion?

game of thrones, hobbit, led zepplin just to name a few. The list is long. but then there are terrible themes that are actually great games. Never ever buy a game based on theme. you will get screwed over. Play it at least 50 times before you can really decide if it's a good game or not.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ahhh, your worried that Stern will take your money and in turn give you a shoddy pin casing full of used pinball machine parts.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Ahhh, your worried that Stern will take your money and in turn give you a shoddy pin casing full of used pinball machine parts.

nah, I never fall for that because I never preorder. Data east already did that with the first BTTF game

#114 3 years ago

If BTTF get's made I hope the LE has stainless steel laser etched armor to match the Delorean's stainless steel panels. I suppose a metallic silver powder coat would look nice as well (just not flat silver please). Stainless steel laser etched armor with Star Trek style exterior + interior lighting for the time circuits activating would be pretty damn cool.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If BTTF get's made I hope the LE has stainless steel laser etched armor to match the Delorean's stainless steel panels. I suppose a metallic silver powder coat would look nice as well (just not flat silver please). Stainless steel laser etched armor with Star Trek style exterior + interior lighting for the time circuits activating would be pretty damn cool.

I still hope they take advantage of the side rail lighting...

Bf1firetrails (resized).jpgBf1firetrails (resized).jpg
#116 3 years ago

Happy Birthday Biff! (AKA Thomas F. Wilson) April 15th, 1959

E82F8B26-DAD6-4405-AE16-B7D9F8459DBB (resized).jpegE82F8B26-DAD6-4405-AE16-B7D9F8459DBB (resized).jpeg
#117 3 years ago
5BEDCDD2-0770-4EEC-A355-D36334F5A485 (resized).jpeg5BEDCDD2-0770-4EEC-A355-D36334F5A485 (resized).jpeg
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Happy Birthday Biff! (AKA Thomas F. Wilson) April 15th, 1959
[quoted image]

Saw him do standup, funny guy. Nice as all.

#119 3 years ago

I’ve heard BTTF is not next, but one after..

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

By who ? Stern?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

...after what? WHAT?!

TELL!

NOW!!!

#122 3 years ago

So Star Wars (Mandalorian) first.. (May the 4th?) then either Godzilla, or BTTF after that is what I’m hearing from people. I’m ok with a fall BTTF... gives me some time to save.

#123 3 years ago

It is not going to be mandalorian or whatever that is. Somebody said they hoped it would be that, then a bunch of crazy star wars people blindly started that rumor.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

It is not going to be mandalorian or whatever that is. Somebody said they hoped it would be that, then a bunch of crazy star wars people blindly started that rumor.

I hope you’re right. As much as I dig the show it seems like an odd choice for a pin.. but then again we got stranger things, so... you never know.

#125 3 years ago

Pretty sure it's godzilla 2nd week of May, followed by BTTF. Seems like Stern has been releasing a game about every 3 months, so figure Mid-August release?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Pretty sure it's godzilla 2nd week of May, followed by BTTF. Seems like Stern has been releasing a game about every 3 months, so figure Mid-August release?

I looked up the other Ka-pow/Stern announcements and Batman 66 was in Sep (2016) and Beatles was in Oct (2018) so maybe BTTF will be in that same Sep/Oct window?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I looked up the other Ka-pow/Stern announcements and Batman 66 was in Sep (2016) and Beatles was in Oct (2018) so maybe BTTF will be in that same Sep/Oct window?

I really really hope it's a standard release. Going to be hard enough for me to swing a Pro.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

So Star Wars (Mandalorian) first.. (May the 4th?) then either Godzilla, or BTTF after that is what I’m hearing from people. I’m ok with a fall BTTF... gives me some time to save.

I don't know if I would be on that bandwagon. We have 4 SW games already, and the only one worth a crap is the DE one. They keep dropping the ball with that license.

#129 3 years ago

Even though I am like the hugest Star Wars fan, a BTTF pin would get my nod if they both came out and I had to choose one. MCFLY!

Mockfry (resized).jpegMockfry (resized).jpeg
#130 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know if I would be on that bandwagon. We have 4 SW games already, and the only one worth a crap is the DE one. They keep dropping the ball with that license.

Six actually, but that doesn't help the argument.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Six actually, but that doesn't help the argument.

technically yes. DE is still the only one worth a shit.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Even though I am like the hugest Star Wars fan, a BTTF pin would get my nod if they both came out and I had to choose one. MCFLY!
[quoted image]

It’s density.

118A9CDB-3BB7-4128-B6BC-0A1B46C9CFB7 (resized).jpeg118A9CDB-3BB7-4128-B6BC-0A1B46C9CFB7 (resized).jpeg
#133 2 years ago

I got extremely lucky on the BNG drop this morning. Got a set of these beauties!!!
https://bottleneckgallery.com/collections/homepage-main/products/oliver-rankin-back-to-the-future-trilogy-set

trilogy (resized).pngtrilogy (resized).png
#134 2 years ago

Yep, got a set as well. The foil variants (limited to 50 sets) sold out in 2 minutes.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I got extremely lucky on the BNG drop this morning. Got a set of these beauties!!!
https://bottleneckgallery.com/collections/homepage-main/products/oliver-rankin-back-to-the-future-trilogy-set
[quoted image]

When these come in I'm gonna need your framing expertise drypaint

1 week later
#136 2 years ago

Exciting news about the man-delorean tease today.. Im still hopeful we'll get another delorean pin later this year!

0868b4947f0db9848db97a11b2c312f8 (resized).jpeg0868b4947f0db9848db97a11b2c312f8 (resized).jpeg
#137 2 years ago

I cant believe it is actually another Star Wars pin. Boooo! So will there ever be a BTTF stern pin? I'm doubting it now.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I cant believe it is actually another Star Wars pin. Boooo! So will there ever be a BTTF stern pin? I'm doubting it now.

I know, I feel the same way. Hopefully its good tho, we have enough bad SW pins.

I'm pretty sure we will see BTTF this year. The rumors are pretty consistent that its coming and will be a collaboration with ka-pow. The other stern/ka-pow titles were announced during the fall so I feel like BTTF will follow the same formula for a fall announcement. I'm not giving up hope for this one.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

after playing Led Zepplin, i'm not sure I want to see a BTTF pin until they can do it right.

#140 2 years ago

Stern must realise that JJP is becoming a serious contender, as well as the other pinball manufacturers that are starting to come up.

Back To The Future is a KAPOW joint game. If BM66 is anything to go by it will be a good game. But Stern need to spring for the licensors fee to get All the rights for the game.

surely they will get Lyman on code for it as well.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Stern must realise that JJP is becoming a serious contender, as well as the other pinball manufacturers that are starting to come up.
Back To The Future is a KAPOW joint game. If BM66 is anything to go by it will be a good game. But Stern need to spring for the licensors fee to get All the rights for the game.
surely they will get Lyman on code for it as well.

I think BTTF has been in the works for a while now. I come from the licensing world so I know that these big IPs have some complexity and take time. A lot of companies put our contracts on hold due to COVID, so it probably added to the delay here as well. If BTTF is next who's next up in terms of designers? I'm thinking maybe its Gomez, he worked on both of the other Kapow games so it makes sense to me. Lyman makes sense too. I think it will be something special when its finally announced.

#142 2 years ago

Passed on MandoLE..

I’m hoping for a BTTF pin that will have innovation and be a game changer...

Stern had a huge chance to do that with Mando and failed to deliver the expectation - toy wise

I don’t mind paying for a game that has a BOM higher than it is now. A game that is packed with stuff, that has innovation will see epic returns!

How many BM66 has Srern sold over the last 4yrs!? It has to be one of their top selling games EVER! KAPOW can do it right. Stern need something special. JJP are tearing Stern a new one right now!

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Passed on MandoLE..
I’m hoping for a BTTF pin that will have innovation and be a game changer...
Stern had a huge chance to do that with Mando and failed to deliver the expectation - toy wise
I don’t mind paying for a game that has a BOM higher than it is now. A game that is packed with stuff, that has innovation will see epic returns!
How many BM66 has Srern sold over the last 4yrs!? It has to be one of their top selling games EVER! KAPOW can do it right. Stern need something special. JJP are tearing Stern a new one right now!

I have hope it will be. I think BM66 is a great example of doing the theme justice, so if BTTF is another Kapow collab I think they will deliver. While I understand Mando isnt appealing to a lot of people I still believe they are taking advantage of the license in a good way... music and clips from the show, Carl Weathers on call outs, getting Randy back on art, and Eddy is a great designer. SW Prem was one of my first NIB games and being a big SW fan I fought myself to like it but ultimately it was a disappointment to me and I ended up selling it because I was keeping it as more of a collectible rather than a game and playing it. Seeing how packed Mando is gives me some hope for this game and the future. While a lot of people are bashing the Grogu doll you gotta remember this game was probably in the works during the height of the Baby Yoda craze and I'm almost certain (having worked with Disney) that they probably asked for it to be a main feature in the game forcing the team to design around it. Either way I think it looks like a great game and I really hope it plays well. To those who are passing on it, just gives more time to save for that BTTF SLE!

#144 2 years ago

Talking to a few people seems BTTF pin could be
Next fingers crossed.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Talking to a few people seems BTTF pin could be
Next fingers crossed.

So maybe Godzilla is code for BTTF cause it's a huge license...?

#146 2 years ago

I was bummed it was Mandalorian because I'm not a big Star Wars fan. But I gotta say Mandalorian looks very good and I think it's unique. I'm very happy it's in the Stern lineup. Still hoping BTTF is next though. I'm think from rumors a Kapow.

3 weeks later
#147 2 years ago

Heard a new Stern title is gonna be announced/coming in September. Strong possibility it could be BTTF.

#148 2 years ago
bttf (resized).jpgbttf (resized).jpg
#149 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Heard a new Stern title is gonna be announced/coming in September. Strong possibility it could be BTTF.

Than the story (rumor) I’m gonna spread. I want a Bttf!

1 month later
#150 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1626242135411 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242135411 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626317265723 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626317265723 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott/page/3?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.