(Topic ID: 299606)

BTTF vs Godzilla

By crujones4life

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“BTTF vs Godzilla ”

• BTTF 156 votes
      64%
    • Godzilla 88 votes
      36%

(244 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1634879859033 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
    D418AA06-70E8-407D-8F1C-F2D0B87E4AEF (resized).jpeg
    8ACFC61E-2435-4D10-9F24-90971D47B984 (resized).jpeg
    D21B7DAB-881C-499E-B899-B88D45963B6C (resized).png

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Which one are you more hyped for? I never really cared for Godzilla but I have been singing Power of Love everyday for months in anticipation of BTTF!

#2 2 years ago

Godzilla..bbtf was cool in1985. Godzilla has aged better.

#3 2 years ago

Godzilla cause Elwin; my opinion

#4 2 years ago

Couldn’t care less about Godzilla but BTTF would be amazing!

#5 2 years ago
    D21B7DAB-881C-499E-B899-B88D45963B6C (resized).pngD21B7DAB-881C-499E-B899-B88D45963B6C (resized).png
    #6 2 years ago

Bttf should be amazing, and I'll probably end up ordering nib. I think they'll have learned their lesson from the original.

Godzilla could be better, as the theme is more universal and will last. Bttf is a niche theme.

#7 2 years ago

I prefer the BTTF theme

#8 2 years ago

I would give both games a chance

BTTF would be sight unseen NIB purchase

#9 2 years ago

I really would like both...

#10 2 years ago

Does anyone actually care about Godzilla? I mean really? It’s up there with ultraman…

They’d have been better off just going with Pacific Rim.

#11 2 years ago

Honestly both are Instabuys for me because elwin duh, and we need a proper bttf game.

#12 2 years ago

Yes please, one of each , I’ll take the 007 as well , shaken not stirred.
    Stern for the win!

#13 2 years ago

BTTF. Prefer this theme.

#14 2 years ago

If you can’t see the possibilities with Godzilla I feel sad for you. In Elwin I trust.

8ACFC61E-2435-4D10-9F24-90971D47B984 (resized).jpeg8ACFC61E-2435-4D10-9F24-90971D47B984 (resized).jpeg
    #15 2 years ago

BTTF theme is better but Elwin designed game makes you forget a meh theme

#16 2 years ago

I’m happy with Godzilla as a theme but really just excited for whatever game Elwin puts out. He’s the true GOAT.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone actually care about Godzilla? I mean really? It’s up there with ultraman…
    They’d have been better off just going with Pacific Rim.

How many Godzilla movies have been made in the past 20 years? How many BTTF?

Nuff said.

#18 2 years ago

If Elwin wasn’t on Godzilla it would be placed in the who cares category.

Bttf is top 5 themes of all time.

Not even close.

Better question is where to fit all these pinball machines!

#19 2 years ago

Godzilla has a better rouges gallery, so many cool villans to pull from. And just an approachable theme, just big mosters and destruction. BTTF has some iconic moments (clock tower would be an amazing mode), but unless youve seen the movie it goes unappreciated.

Either theme is a win in my book, but theme is just topical though. No one will know till code and layout is shown whether its good or not.

#20 2 years ago

BTTF and Godzilla I will buy either but prefer BTTF.

#21 2 years ago

I will have both, but Godzilla is a dream theme in my house.

#22 2 years ago

There is just so much they could do with back to the future. Physical elements and coding, just so many options and possibilities.

#23 2 years ago

Gomez says the next title will blow us away, hoping for some new features and innovation, on Godzilla , of course!

#24 2 years ago

I think the problem with BTTF will be the obvious, do they get the full rights. That seems pretty much impossible these days. Hope I'm wrong though.

#25 2 years ago

These are both mega themes in our home. Godzilla sitting next to Ultraman will be amazing! BTTF 1.21 gigawatt playing Huey Lewis and the news, another win!

D418AA06-70E8-407D-8F1C-F2D0B87E4AEF (resized).jpegD418AA06-70E8-407D-8F1C-F2D0B87E4AEF (resized).jpeg
    #26 2 years ago

In Elwin we trust.......Godzilla!

#27 2 years ago

Godzilla has somehow managed to elbow it's way to the front of the pinball wish list, shouldn't even be in the top 100 in my opinion. But Stern do popular, and Godzilla is popular. I think they manage their releases in 3 categories now:

- what's hot and trending
    - old-fart rock bands (biggest sellers)
    - retro classics we all love

So based on my calculations, you should all get at least one awesome retro classic theme once per year (BM66, Star Wars, TMNT, JP...etc). BTTF will be the top of that list for everyone at Stern, pretty sure of that....it's just getting M.J.Fox on board.

#28 2 years ago

BTTF, but ONLY if it has full assets. That’s the catch with Stern it seems as if late. I don’t want a BTTF if all the call outs are done by just Marty McFly…. So, with less then full assets, Godzilla is the better theme. It’s more of a generic, long lasting character.

#29 2 years ago

Has Godzilla 100% been confirmed or could it still be a code name for a huge theme aka BTTF?

#30 2 years ago

Can we use a different moniker that BTTF?

Every time I see it my brain reads "buttf%ck"........

Oh, and Godzilla for the win, please.

#31 2 years ago

I’m more excited for Godzilla because of Elwin but I’m still waiting to see it before making a decision. I think I would be all in on Godzilla if not for Ultraman. Im getting one of those and Godzilla feels very similar in theme, especially if it’s based off the older material.

I’m sure they can do some cool things with BTTF, but that’s just not a theme that does anything for me. I’m actually happy to have themes coming out that aren’t must haves so I don’t have to try and unload other pins to make space.

#32 2 years ago

I used to have a bearded dragon. Had to feed it crickets, and meal worms.

Get me BTTF !

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Nuff said.

Literally been more Godzilla movies made in the last 20 years than Pacific Rim, also.

#34 2 years ago

I’m surprised at the hype for Godzilla. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it will be amazing, but it just doesn’t seem like a theme that would resonate with people like the games that Stern has put out in the last number of years. Either way I’m looking forward to anything new that comes out!

#35 2 years ago

If the ball doesn't go 88 MPH, and there's not a real radar to prove it, Godzilla wins regardless of anything else.

Quoted from ruralcollector:

I’m surprised at the hype for Godzilla. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it will be amazing, but it just doesn’t seem like a theme that would resonate with people like the games that Stern has put out in the last number of years. Either way I’m looking forward to anything new that comes out!

Really? I think Stranger Things, and AIQ are two of the best games since ACDC came out. And yes, I realize that the shots on ACDC and ST are *very* similar.....but ST has more of a AFM rules feel to it, which I also like.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Really? I think Stranger Things, and AIQ are two of the best games since ACDC came out. And yes, I realize that the shots on ACDC and ST are *very* similar.....but ST has more of a AFM rules feel to it, which I also like.

I could be completely off. Mondo, LZ, AIQ etc all seem like very safe and relevant themes to me that attract a relatively broad audience. It’s hard for me to see Godzilla on that same play field (heh). BTTF seems like a no-brainer that would have more of a, love it or hate it, GB level nostalgia that would sell like crazy. Again, excited for anything!

#37 2 years ago

Is BTTF a foregone conclusion? If so, who is making it? Thanks!

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Is BTTF a foregone conclusion? If so, who is making it? Thanks!

Most prevalent rumor is Stern/ Borg.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has Godzilla 100% been confirmed or could it still be a code name for a huge theme aka BTTF?

They have the rights to Godzilla. That has been confirmed in public by Stern employees. As far as I know it is the only confirmed theme at this point.

#40 2 years ago

Well the good news is both are going to happen. I think it's completely bizarre to say that Godzilla would have little appeal when the worldwide box office gross is more than double BTTF as a series...and whatever data this site I'm looking at is using, they're only counting the 9 Godzilla movies from 1985 forward...

#41 2 years ago

Sounds like it will be Godzilla which is ok because I need a break anyway. I may be in the minority but Elwin games are meh for me. Jurassic Park is not even in my top 10, and while the layouts are unique with ramp configurations they are not as much fun to play for me as other designers titles. I guarantee Godzilla will have lots of ramps and a sculpted Godzilla probably with tail coming down ramp. It will probably look spectacular but how will it play? Will it come with an ax for wood chopping? Do people really care about Godzilla? Have they watched the movies or played with the plastic block toys? No-it is just Godzilla. Now BTTF is a whole other story and I am in-even if it is a Kapow. Honestly looking forward to the next Borg title-I like Borg(Rush?, Queen?).

It would be interesting if Stern did what Spooky just did and released two themes with same layout. Make everyone happy

#42 2 years ago

You should add Rush to your poll.

#43 2 years ago

I’ll take both. Currently looking for a distributor for 2 LE machines.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Nuff said.

If you look at US releases they both have 3.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Couldn’t care less about Godzilla but BTTF would be amazing!

Feeling the same, I've been a fan of BTTF since the first theater experience with part one. I have a nice virtual pinball cabinet with a fun BTTF original table, but would love an updated version with all the video and call outs. If not the next one, hopefully sometime in the next year!-)

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I may be in the minority but Elwin games are meh for me. Jurassic Park is not even in my top 10

I'm with you. That's why I jumped on Ultraman fast once it was announced, because it was pretty much already known that Godzilla was going to be an Elwin game. JP is *so* bad to me. I do alright on it at league, but that game is just godawful for competitive play.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

If you look at US releases they both have 3.

Uh what? BTTF movies were released after 2001?!? Really?

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Uh what? BTTF movies were released after 2001?!? Really?

I guess I meant US releases ever.

#48 2 years ago

BTTF theme is much better… but 1. Yeti and 2. Elwin have me hyped to see Godzilla

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I guess that depends on how you choose to confine the movies. Saying Godzilla has only had 3 US releases is patently silly, IMO. Okay, yes, there's 3 in the current "arc" or whatever, but c'mon. We know Godzilla is far bigger (no pun intended) than just the most recent continuity. Multiple anime series, toy lines, all the older movies, even ones that didn't get an actual theatrical release... it's absurd to not treat this all as part of one franchise. I get that the license will probably be largely centered around these newer movies (ugh), but the appeal extends out past people that don't like THOSE movies, because we're fans of Godzilla overall.

I mean, I'll watch Godzilla vs. Megalon on loop. It's complete TRASH. But it was my first Godzilla movie, and I have good memories of watching it on video cd on my computer in the 90's. So yes, I'll give just about *anything* Godzilla a fair shake. I've got a 3d printed Godzilla and Mechagodzilla on my desk.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I said in the last 20 years...not sure what new BTTF movies you are watching.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-vs-godzilla-?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.