(Topic ID: 299606)

BTTF vs Godzilla

By crujones4life

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“BTTF vs Godzilla ”

• BTTF 156 votes
      64%
    • Godzilla 88 votes
      36%

(244 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1634879859033 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
    D418AA06-70E8-407D-8F1C-F2D0B87E4AEF (resized).jpeg
    8ACFC61E-2435-4D10-9F24-90971D47B984 (resized).jpeg
    D21B7DAB-881C-499E-B899-B88D45963B6C (resized).png
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

If you are coming on here and bad mouthing 'Godzilla' as a theme, all you are doing is telling everyone how uninformed you are. You don't have to like the theme but realize that you are not the authority on what's good and what isn't. How about this for a fact? There have been 33 live action Godzilla movies and 3 animated movies since 1954. In case you can't add, that's 36 in total. I don't think that you will find very many franchises that can match that. While you dump on the franchise, many of you just sound outright ignorant. As others have pointed out in this forum, it's a good thing that Pinsiders are not making financial decisions for pinball companies.

#52 2 years ago

Wasn't really interested in a Godzilla theme, but it could be amazing. I'm actually getting excited to see what Stern does with it (assuming the rumors are true). Glad a lot of people could be getting their dream themed Godzilla.

BttF is a dream theme for us and I put a deposit on an LE months ago just in case. If it does happen not sure if I should keep the DE version...

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Wasn't really interested in a Godzilla theme, but it could be amazing. I'm actually getting excited to see what Stern does with it (assuming the rumors are true). Glad a lot of people could be getting their dream themed Godzilla.
    BttF is a dream theme for us and I put a deposit on an LE months ago just in case. If it does happen not sure if I should keep the DE version...

Distributors should not be taking any deposits on a game that has not yet been announced for is a rumor to my knowledge

anyway I myself have also inquired with a distributor about getting one but they cannot do anything at this time but put my name down

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Distributors should not be taking any deposits on a game that has not yet been announced for is a rumor to my knowledge
    anyway I myself have also inquired with a distributor about getting one but they cannot do anything at this time but put my name down

Yes, it is really impossible to take orders on a game that you do not know the title, price, or amount you will be receiving. Most respectable dealers do not take orders before the details are released. We do all certainly make sure to contact those on the interested list as soon as the details are received. It will be fun to see the next title!

#55 2 years ago

BTTF killing it 2 to 1. Lucky for us we get both!

#56 2 years ago

Neither, give me an updated Robocop!

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

If you are coming on here and bad mouthing 'Godzilla' as a theme, all you are doing is telling everyone how uninformed you are. You don't have to like the theme but realize that you are not the authority on what's good and what isn't. How about this for a fact? There have been 33 live action Godzilla movies and 3 animated movies since 1954. In case you can't add, that's 36 in total. I don't think that you will find very many franchises that can match that. While you dump on the franchise, many of you just sound outright ignorant. As others have pointed out in this forum, it's a good thing that Pinsiders are not making financial decisions for pinball companies.

Great point. Godzilla just had a movie. Bttf features washed up, old actors, a flop 3rd western movie,...and a very outdated car.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF killing it 2 to 1. Lucky for us we get both!

Add me to the GODZILLA tally, cheers...

#59 2 years ago

BTTF would be great!

#60 2 years ago

I have a newbie question….I’m looking at either one as my first pinball purchase with BTTF hitting a lot of nostalgia points, but like the idea of Godzilla also (which this forum has gotten me hyped about)…if I’m only looking at Pro/Premium, would y’all think Godzilla sells out at those levels before BTTF is possibly announced? Like, if it’s gonna be another few years for BTTF, I’m gonna pull the trigger on Godzilla

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoshieB:

I have a newbie question….I’m looking at either one as my first pinball purchase with BTTF hitting a lot of nostalgia points, but like the idea of Godzilla also (which this forum has gotten me hyped about)…if I’m only looking at Pro/Premium, would y’all think Godzilla sells out at those levels before BTTF is possibly announced? Like, if it’s gonna be another few years for BTTF, I’m gonna pull the trigger on Godzilla

Premiums don't sell out just LEs. LEs have a huge interest list. I heard the next few are all spoken for.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoshieB:

You will be able to buy Pro and Premium versions of both for years brand new.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

You will be able to buy Pro and Premium versions of both for years brand new.

I'd say true for Pros, not so for Premiums anymore. I'd say anyone really interested in a Premium should get in an order in the first year. Stern re-runs Pro versions more often than they do Premium.

#64 2 years ago

I’m hoping it’s neither and a surprise.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has Godzilla 100% been confirmed or could it still be a code name for a huge theme aka BTTF?

Yes

#67 2 years ago

It’s Godzilla.

#68 2 years ago

Godzilla pinball is a fact

1 week later
    #69 2 years ago

Yeah. Godzilla over JP.
    JO dinosaurs not a real good theme IMHO. Great game though. Was going to buy JP (gameplay only. Hate the theme) until Ultraman was revealed. Went ultraman as way better theme for me. Same goes for Godzilla better theme than JP and Mando. If BTTF or Scooby Doo Make it then they may be a better theme…….just. Depends on overall package gameplay and coding though. Which Godzilla has plenty of.

#70 2 years ago

BTTF all the way. Not really a fan of godzilla, but I will say Keith did an amazing job on that layout.

1 month later
    #71 2 years ago

Hey STERN! You paying attention here?

#72 2 years ago

I'd buy them both. Oh wait I already bought one.

#73 2 years ago

I've not seen BTTF since it came out. That movie never grabbed me. I have grown up with Godzilla, so that is where my money is going. I don't know any scenes from BTTF. I know most from Godzilla.

#74 2 years ago

If the poll is anything to go by and seeing how well Godzilla is apparently selling STERN is poised to make an obscene amount of monies on BTTF. Come on STERN we want to give you our monies...give us BTTF!

3 weeks later
    #75 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Godzilla cause Elwin; my opinion

So how you feeling about an Elwin BTTF?

FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
    #76 2 years ago

Here's one more in honor of this thread being 88 days old.

FB_IMG_1634879859033 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1634879859033 (resized).jpg
    #77 2 years ago

@crujones4life… man you are obsessed

I share your enthusiasm for BTTF.. grail theme and I do hope it comes in 2022!

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-vs-godzilla-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.