• 5 hours 0 votes
  • 6 hours 0 votes
  • 7 hours 0 votes
  • 8 hours 0 votes
  • 10 hours plus 9 votes
    100%

(9 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3999 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

For people that have done it, What is a realistic time estimate to tear down playfield, clean, clean all plstic and ramps. re rubber etc?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

A full top and bottom tear down and shop out probably takes me 20ish hours. Depending on game, condition and about a million other factors. That's actual working time. Not time looking up parts, looking at pics, reading the manual, scratching my head or reading pinside.

#3 2 years ago

#4 2 years ago

It took me around 25 hours to do my BTTF and I didn't tumble anything. It was also my first strip-everything-off-cleaning of a pinball so I had a small learning curve. Most of the time I'll work a machine in sections due to space constraints. So I was being extra careful with labeling and pictures so everything could go back fairly quickly and easily. I also spent almost 2 hours just cleaning the Mylar to raw pf seem as it had a lot of dirt and grime.

I was also cleaning the inside cab, head, and exterior.

Also I was working it 1-2 hours at a time. Typically after 10 pm when I'm nowhere near as efficient.

#5 2 years ago

And the machine hadn't been touched in over a decade. These were the batteries in it. Stamped for 2008 replacement

IMG_3999 (resized).JPG

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

And the machine hadn't been touched in over a decade. These were the batteries in it. Stamped for 2008 replacement

That those batteries hadn't leaked is a borderline miracle........

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That those batteries hadn't leaked is a borderline miracle........

I threw out every battery I owned and moved everything to Duracell based on this 1 experience.

#8 2 years ago

At least 20 hours. BTTF isn't complicated to teardown, but fiddly in some places:

Some pictures over at my thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roads-where-were-going-we-dont-need-roads-bttf-restoration

#9 2 years ago

BTTF is very easy but I cut all wires and put a molex connector on the upper left where all the cables from the ramp lead below the playfield. - Everyting else: Piece of cake.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside