(Topic ID: 83589)

BttF: Recreating right ramp light assembly (need scan help)

By gern

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gern
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hill valley.jpeg
image-10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am starting work on my Back to the Future and am missing the light assembly that goes above the right side ramp. I am planning on recreating one but I can't find a scan of the artwork online. I've attached a pic below of the assembly that I am trying to recreate. Does anyone have a scan of it or would be willing to scan theirs?

I'll keep everyone posted here on the progress once I start.

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

How much for one? I am missing mine.

If they mine turns out good I'd be willing to make you one too. Not sure how much it will cost until I get one finished. Of course I need a scan first to get started...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

if you need a higher DPI i can go up to 1200 i am using a HP scanner that is all i have

If you could scan both parts of the right side at 1200 dpi that would be great. If my attempt turns out good I would be willing to make the left side assembly. I'm still trying to figure out how much it's going to cost to make one.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I've been thinking about parting out a BTTF I have. If there is enough interest I may do it. What do you guys think these are worth?

I'm not sure what parting out one would bring you. I imagine some of the parts like the ramp, back glass and the wire ball return would be very rare and would go for good money. The boards always seem to sell. Would the playfield be a candidate for a restore and clear coat? I wonder what that would be worth? I'd love to try and do that to mine someday.

If you end up parting it out I'd be interested in some things.

1 week later
#16 10 years ago

Started cutting the plexiglass for the assembly today. Is there anybody that has the other scan?

It seems that every place I've checked online is out of the bulb sockets that I need... patients and all that I guess.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks bballfan. I PM'd that guy. He actually has 2 of the assemblies I need!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I've sent out a PM to Gern, I really need about everything metal he has in that pic as well as the yellow dome for the ramp. I will buy whatever's left of that stuff.
I signed up to the site, but my donation and membership might take days to be verified. Those of you that know me, know that I've been searching for the last six months for a lot of those pieces!! Please help me if you can!!!, I don't need all of it and would be willing to even give away some stuff so I can get what I need.
BTW, I do not need any of the pieces the OP has requested, so please don't think I'm trying to hijack his thread!

I sent a PM to the guy with the parts. If I end up with the whole lot, those metal parts are all yours!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-recreating-right-ramp-light-assembly-need-scan-help?tu=gern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.