9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PIN_GROOM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PIN_GROOM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all. New guy here.

Briefly:

Picked up a ROUGH Back to the Future on which the drop targets are broken. No biggie, but the previous owner "fixed" this by bending the switches together "so it would go into multiball." Well, they are not just bent together, but seriously mangled. I might be able to straighten em out, but would rather replace.

The manual lists the part number as 8-141, and I can't find this anywhere. I'm sure I can make something else work, but was hoping someone knows where I can find this exact switch.

Failing that, is there anywhere that lists dimensions on leaf switches? I don't want to buy twenty different kinds looking for the one that's closest for me to use by modifying the mount.

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks,

Z

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

I don't know enough about DE to help much, but I'll give you a bump.

Thanks, man. I really didn't expect much, since I searched, and this seems to be an unanswered question, but I thought I'd try.

I am just going to order a switch that I think looks close and see what happens.

I'll report back either way to let others know in the future.

If I could just get this time machine working I would go back and get some, but I need them to get it working.

1 week later
#4 9 years ago

Well, the "Data East Rollover Leaf Switch 180-5003-00" that I ordered are definitely not a drop in replacement for the 8-141. I think these could be pressed into service if a person really needed to, but in my case, it was easier to straighten out the severely mangled switches that were already installed.

The 180-5003-00 appear the same other than a ramp on the 8-141 that is needed to go over the drop targets themselves. If a body were to move these over to the 180-5003-00, or fabricate something similar, I think these would work as replacements.

It's amazing the amount of bending/ unbending/ rebending these switches will endure.

My BTTF still needs a TON of work, but it's now functional*.

Yay!

*This is to say that it plays properly...still needs a woofer (missing), and an amp chip on the sound board (dead due to wires laying on the grate for the woofer presumably) , and, and, and.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PIN_GROOM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-drop-target-switch-replacement?tu=PIN_GROOM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.