20230528_162511.jpg
20230528_162413.jpg
20230527_195140 (resized).jpg
20230527_195143 (resized).jpg
96D91168-7763-4167-8D57-606DCACBD51F (resized).jpeg
bttf flippers (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_Image 2-26-23 at 9.09 PM (resized).jpg
20230214_200057 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 6 years ago

Joined the club with an old operators machine that has been sitting for 15 years. Going to restore it from the ground up. Looking for any game specific parts and tasteful mod ideas, and particularly a set of plastics if possible (and ramp LOL). Willing to be reasonable on price knowing the rarity. PM me with what you got! Thanks!

3 weeks later
#178 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

and for those of you that haven't seen it yet... it appears that Retro Refurbs has closed up shop so the only source (that I now of) for BTTF cab decals is GONE. beating myself for not buying a set a few months back when I found them.

Interesting. I just got a set of BTTF decals from them. They're not perfect, but they're better than the cab I had. Wonder what the deal is?

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So this is probably more of a troubleshooting issue rather than game specific but I figured I'd start here...
The upper 2/3 of my backglass lighting is completely out. I've narrowed it down to the wiring circuit protected by fuse F4. Checked the fuse. Went ahead and replaced because it what was installed was the incorrect rating. Reseated the connectors (I think it was J5 and C8) still darkness. What should be my next step? Every other GI and PF bulb is working fine except this entire set. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

I just fixed this exact problem on my Maverick tonight. Check J5 on the PPB, wiggle the connector, or pull it off slightly. Does the backbox GI string come back on? In my case it did, indicating either poor connection or cold soldering joint on the J5 male connector on the PPB board. I pulled my PPB and reflowed the solder on all the pins of J5 and popped it back in. GI is good as new! More info here http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#General_Illumination_Issues

1 week later
#185 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

so I figured since I was waiting on header parts I would go ahead and rebuild the flippers... nope... marco's kit is for newer DE games. I see where they even posted the TB from Sega/Stern about the parts needed for rebuilds but, I guess it was just an oversite from the manufacturer. Pinball Life's kit actually matches what is installed on my machine http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3525 luckily (I guess) my SP sounds like it's having some flipper issues so I can still use the kit.

Here's a picture of the Marco kit I recently ordered for BTTF. Only differences I see are the EOS switches included and the return springs are the newer style that link to the bracket, where as the pinball life kit includes both spring options and no EOS switches.

BTTF_Marco_Flipper_Kit (resized).jpgBTTF_Marco_Flipper_Kit (resized).jpg

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

It's obvious that there are some lighting shadows playing games but, is the original blue really THAT much darker than the retro refurb decals?

Yeah, the blue on the decals is a good bit lighter than the original paint. Printing difficulties with blue supposedly. I think it has more to do with blue being difficult to scan...

IMHO, the blue difference is far less of an issue than the graphics design flaws under the second U and the arrow tails in the source imaging they use.

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I wonder what Delorean silver trim and legs would look like...

I actually considered doing brushed stainless steel on my restoration, and I suppose I still could, but the armor and legs would all have to be custom fabricated, so it isn't really top priority. I think it would look cool though, especially if I could get a matching coin door too! Maybe I'll just stick a Mr. Fusion on as a topper and call it a day.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Go on Big Balla you got this.
Back to the Future Mr. Fusion Replica amazon.com link »

WOW! For $610 it better work better than plutonium. My Libyan contacts only want bombs... made of used pinball parts!

...but seriously, now I'm looking on eBay, and apparently they're made with a coffee grinder...which you can also buy...

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from mtlpin:

In case someone is interested: ebay.com link » Back To The Future Pinball Original Machine Playfield With Parts Bttf

Wow, $723.87 final hammer price for a PF with some plastics still on it? I guess I didn't do to terribly paying $800 for my whole BTTF.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's canadian. it was $550 US, but still

I was looking at US, but included the quoted shipping in calculation.

2 weeks later
#222 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So ironically I was at a vacuum former for a work project today in downtown Chicago.. ... Stay tuned!

If you make it happen, I'm in!!! (For a ramp and your mods!)

4 weeks later
#225 6 years ago

Are those whole assemblies missing from your game?!

3 weeks later
#230 6 years ago

Finally got around to posting more progress pics up in my restoration thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marty-you-gotta-come-back-with-me-where-back-to-the-future-restore

#232 6 years ago

Hopefully this weekend, weather dependent. Need to send some beer drinking time removing all the T-nuts.

1 week later
#237 6 years ago

toyotaboy is working on reproducing it, but no old stock are available.

1 month later
#248 6 years ago

I'd be happy transferring my own decals and flaps, I'd say leave that as a second later project honestly. I know there are people who wouldn't, but I would most definitely pay $300 for a "NOS" quality replacement ramp for BTTF.

Edit: Maybe this is a good case for a Kickstarter? You could see how many people willing to do it and pre-order one? Of course you better actually do it if it's funded, or angry pinside mobs will pillage!

#250 6 years ago

Good question. Maybe Gary Stern could tell us? Who knows really... he probably has the original BTTF ramp form under his mattress with his giant pile of money!

Seriously though, it seems like you could setup a Kickstarter to ensure at least break even with some money for your time in overhead, offer like 30 ramps @ $225+shipping, this should gross you about $1150 if the Kickstarter is funded and nothing else costs more, if demand is higher, more profit for your time to get them out/shipped/etc.

If the initial batch sell, the $90/ramp cost is still quite reasonable for some profitability to get more out into the market. You could sell to distribution in bulk at like $150, they could retail at $225-$250. That's not unreasonable at all if you ask me, tiny ramps are $50, $75... even $100 all the time. This sucker is huge, and unobtainable. Maybe it would be worth reaching out to Marco/PinballLife/etc and seeing if they want to buy 15 each?

Of course, if it doesn't fund at all, you're just out your time to setup the campaign.

#253 6 years ago

eBay has been getting so spammed with fake listings for BTTF pinball machines, I had to turn off my email alerts. I dunno what the deal is. eBay needs to get it together.

4 months later
#290 5 years ago

toyotaboy updated us with some 3D print pictures 3 months ago, but no news since. I sure hope progress is being made! I'd like at least 2 repros.

7 months later
#323 5 years ago

Awesome news, ordered 2 sets for my and @knockerlover's projects. Now we just need repro ramps!!

2 weeks later
#328 5 years ago

Anyone have a bulb list for doing your own kit of LEDs in a BTTF?

2 months later
#335 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Has anybody successfully pulled off the mylar on a Back to the Future? I've done it several times to other games but this will be my first mylar pull on a Data East.

Yup, freeze spray (can air duster turned upside down) worked well for me. If you're not going to restore and clear coat the PF, I'd leave it on personally. The paint will just wear off the whole PF if you don't restore it properly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marty-you-gotta-come-back-with-me-where-back-to-the-future-restore#post-3883659

Removing the remaining goo with flour and alcohol worked great, but took much much longer than removing the mylar.

11 months later
#364 4 years ago

toyotaboy was working on it, but I don't know if there's been any recent developments. I want a couple of them myself.

1 month later
#370 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So not making any promises, but a local supplier agreed to work with me on the ramp.. It's probably going to be a month or two while this coronavirus settles down.

My wallet is ready.

2 weeks later
#377 3 years ago
Quoted from MTPinball:

please God make the ramp. I'm in for one and want it so bad.

toyotaboy is working on it!

4 months later
#386 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

anyone tell me what color shooter spring is supposed to be in this machine?

I think I have a red in mine, but I just bought the assortment and swapped it until I liked the action, it makes it around the ramp nicely on a full plunge but can half plunge to the playfield too.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-club-whoa-this-is-heavy?tu=mavantix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.