20230528_162511.jpg
20230528_162413.jpg
20230527_195140 (resized).jpg
20230527_195143 (resized).jpg
96D91168-7763-4167-8D57-606DCACBD51F (resized).jpeg
bttf flippers (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_Image 2-26-23 at 9.09 PM (resized).jpg
20230214_200057 (resized).jpg
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 3 years ago

Back in the club on Back to he Future day!
My second time in club.
BTTF II.

bttf2_3478174a (resized).jpgbttf2_3478174a (resized).jpg
#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Back in the club on Back to he Future day!

No better day to join... except for October 26th.

Welcome back!

1 week later
#403 3 years ago

The right speaker on my machine has been malfunctioning lately. This is my first pin and I am not electronics saavy; where would be a good place to start in order to diagnose and repair the issue?

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

The right speaker on my machine has been malfunctioning lately. This is my first pin and I am not electronics saavy; where would be a good place to start in order to diagnose and repair the issue?

Try adjusting your volume up and down. Might just be a bad volume pot and moving it up/down might help. If it’s very staticky while adjusting it you might have to replace that pot which could be tricky if you’re not too electronics savvy.
Good place to start though.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Try adjusting your volume up and down. Might just be a bad volume pot and moving it up/down might help. If it’s very staticky while adjusting it you might have to replace that pot which could be tricky if you’re not too electronics savvy.
Good place to start though.

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

#406 3 years ago

Volume seems to be working correctly again. Hopefully that sticks.

As for my earlier issue about several of the Delorean lights being spotted early in a game, I started paying closer attention recently. And the problem is actually very apparent: the letters aren't resetting after each game. So after a final ball drains, if the machine is not powered down and back on, the next game will start with letters spotted according to where the previous game left off. Anyone ever seen this issue before?

2 weeks later
#407 3 years ago

Any update from Toyota boy? I could definitely go for a new ramp.

#408 3 years ago

How is there not a sound mod for this machine?

1 week later
#409 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

Volume seems to be working correctly again. Hopefully that sticks.
As for my earlier issue about several of the Delorean lights being spotted early in a game, I started paying closer attention recently. And the problem is actually very apparent: the letters aren't resetting after each game. So after a final ball drains, if the machine is not powered down and back on, the next game will start with letters spotted according to where the previous game left off. Anyone ever seen this issue before?

Check my previous comments on your earlier posts directly showing you the manual. Sounds like your setting is set to easy.

#410 3 years ago

What mods are guys doing to my Favorite Data East!

tmp1 (resized).pngtmp1 (resized).png
1 week later
#411 3 years ago

I just put some GameBlades on from Tilt Graphics. I think they look awesome!!

A0D1F00E-4FC8-4B16-8652-B0D0453ED27E (resized).jpegA0D1F00E-4FC8-4B16-8652-B0D0453ED27E (resized).jpegA70E8D37-B0DA-405C-BB51-B0D1347981D2 (resized).jpegA70E8D37-B0DA-405C-BB51-B0D1347981D2 (resized).jpegD6336034-412A-4630-AA68-D02A111A5E30 (resized).jpegD6336034-412A-4630-AA68-D02A111A5E30 (resized).jpeg
#412 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

I just put some GameBlades on from Tilt Graphics. I think they look awesome!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice man, those look great installed! I was planning on getting those too, but then I sold my BTTF a couple of weeks ago like an idiot. I will live vicariously through you all and looking forward to see what you do next!

1 month later
#413 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

toyotaboy is working on it!

Any update on a repro ramp?

1 month later
#414 3 years ago

Joined the club finally. 8 long years I’ve been chasing this title. Still can’t believe that it’s in my gamesroom.

AC92EAD6-39A3-4114-ABDB-7DD1382D503C (resized).jpegAC92EAD6-39A3-4114-ABDB-7DD1382D503C (resized).jpeg
#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Joined the club finally. 8 long years I’ve been chasing this title. Still can’t believe that it’s in my gamesroom.
[quoted image]

8 years! Thats heavy Doc. Congrats.

#416 3 years ago

Congrats! Very fun game, imo.

I'm having trouble with my sound. Turned it on one day and the sound is muffled and there's a loud buzzing anyone have an idea what it could be?

Bad sound board?

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I'm having trouble with my sound. Turned it on one day and the sound is muffled and there's a loud buzzing anyone have an idea what it could be?
Bad sound board?

Check the volume pot first. My sound clicks in and out sometimes too and fiddling with the volume usually fixes it. Gotta replace it at some point.

#418 3 years ago

I've waited 11yrs!

I do know where one is though, may grab it soon

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Any update on a repro ramp?

I need to find time to tweak my model, but also the vendor I intend to work with isn't allowing visits so it might be another few months until things get better before I can kick it off anyway.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Bad sound board?

check your sound board make sure its the right model, and then take a look at your resistors.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Check the volume pot first. My sound clicks in and out sometimes too and fiddling with the volume usually fixes it. Gotta replace it at some point.

Spray electronics clean on the volume pot and turn it back and forth. Had this exact issue.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Assume you are referring to the volume control on the fuse box...? I played with that and nothing changed, sound is still faint and garbled.

Appears to be the right sound board as the number matches all the other boards and resistors appear okay, meaning none look discolored.

#423 3 years ago

double post

#424 3 years ago

Just for sh#ts and giggles .. take a soldering iron and reflow the connector pins..

#425 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare playfield they would look to part with? Or does anyone make playfield insert decals?
thanks

#426 3 years ago

A buddy of mine said he saw some finished parts from the Stern Back to the Future and Stern is scheduled to release it within the next two weeks due to the deadline. He knows I’m a huge Back to the Future fan and he knows I like pinball. He actually never discussed pinball with me before but his line of work gave him a visual of BTTF and knows I would get excited about that news. So he said he liked what he saw, not the whole machine but certain parts. He said could be released as early as this week if all goes well. He did show me one picture, and I’m excited, but can’t really tell what the game will look like.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

A buddy of mine said he saw some finished parts from the Stern Back to the Future and Stern is scheduled to release it within the next two weeks due to the deadline. He knows I’m a huge Back to the Future fan and he knows I like pinball. He actually never discussed pinball with me before but his line of work gave him a visual of BTTF and knows I would get excited about that news. So he said he liked what he saw, not the whole machine but certain parts. He said could be released as early as this week if all goes well. He did show me one picture, and I’m excited, but can’t really tell what the game will look like.

Is this in reference to a new BTTF?? If so I'm excited !!

#428 3 years ago

How can this be? John borg literally posted on his facebook last month. Isn't that a big no no with Gary?

borg_bttf (resized).pngborg_bttf (resized).png
#429 3 years ago

After having PF issues on my last two NIB Stern games I swore off buying anymore... with one exception, BTTF theme. Damnit.

Quoted from goggleloy:

Does anyone have a spare playfield they would look to part with? Or does anyone make playfield insert decals?
thanks

I've been casually looking for a NOS or repo PF, on and off, for a couple years and haven't seen one pop up. Would love to restore this game.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

After having PF issues on my last two NIB Stern games I swore of buying anymore... with one exception, BTTF theme. Damnit.

Same here!

#431 3 years ago

If a new BTTF pin comes out will the Data East version retain its value?

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

The new one will not be a remake so it shouldn't have much direct impact at all. The new attention to the theme may, however, generate renewed interest in the DE version. Just my opinion.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

The new one will not be a remake so it shouldn't have much direct impact at all. The new attention to the theme may, however, generate renewed interest in the DE version. Just my opinion.

In other collectible markets a sequel/remake can actually drive values up of older/original versions. But I don't know the pinball market very well, so not sure if it applies.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

The data east pin over here in Oz is ridiculously priced now, even before any new ones are made.
Around AU $11000 or US$8500.
Sad part is they don’t last long at that price either.

#435 3 years ago

The new black knight by Stern actually made black knight 2000 shoot up

If Stern is really making it, the layout could be better, but maybe not (look at star wars). Obviously the display will be great, but how much music / soundbites will they have? They might opt to go the jurassic park route and have voice actors do completely new lines not from the movie (but license say biff since he's a lesser actor). Also I wouldn't be surprised if this was a kapow title, so expect to pay minimum $7k for the lowest tier.

#436 3 years ago

Hopefully Stern doesn't get the license, I'd rather see JJP put out a newer version, as I think Stern quality gets worse with each new title produced. Not that I'd buy anything NIB anyway.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

The data east pin over here in Oz is ridiculously priced now, even before any new ones are made.
Around AU $11000 or US$8500.
Sad part is they don’t last long at that price either.

Wow. I need to sell my DE to someone down under!

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wow. I need to sell my DE to someone down under!

I did once. Made a lifetime friend doing so.
Hey Robert!
Took 4 years to find a replacement.

#439 3 years ago

So what I find interesting is Joe Kaminkow is a guest on the super awesome pinball show podcast on Jan 30th, 2020.. he supposedly slipped about back to the future project (franchi apparently doing the art)
It's right around 1 hour and 36 minutes in:
https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-0

Then on the December 2020 show he's on again.. doesn't mention it but franchi keeps playing a clip of a delorean door opening. Stern has never done a very good job about keeping things quiet, but at the same time it feels like they let small blips leak out to make buyers think someone might be coming soon in order to prevent other pinball companies from selling games.. IE in hopes they'll think "well I better not buy pinball A, because Stern might be selling me pinball B.. TTF"

#440 3 years ago

A BTTF modern pin if done right would be a must buy for me

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also I wouldn't be surprised if this was a kapow title, so expect to pay minimum $7k for the lowest tier.

I don't usually say this, but I hope you are wrong. Stern prices are high enough, not sure I'd be willing to go Kapow expensive.

... who am I kidding, for this last dream theme I would.

#442 3 years ago

Lets hope its next.

#443 3 years ago

Yea if this gets confirmed I'll be selling my DE BTTF. I sold my previous one for $3700 back in 2018 and my current one is in nicer condition. Great game but would love a modern take on this title. I hope they put out a killer topper for it.

#444 3 years ago

Did anyone ever create the insert decals for the playfield? I am wanting to pull my mylar off but am having a hard time recreating the insert decals. Any help would be much appreciated
thanks

2 months later
#445 2 years ago

What would u guys say about the condition of this pf? Ignore plastics and ramp, just interested to know if the wear shown on the pf is considered horrible, or normal?

I want to sell it soon and dont know how this wear affects its value.

Cheers!

#446 2 years ago

That is the roughest BTTF pf I have seen. Just for reference, I sold a BTTF pf that was in much better condition for $500 about a year ago.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

That is the roughest BTTF pf I have seen. Just for reference, I sold a BTTF pf that was in much better condition for $500 about a year ago.

Oh, is it that bad? Oh well, maybe the buyer can buy a new pf somewhere?

A bttf here is selling around 5000 USD. Given that, what is a reasonable price to put on mine?

#448 2 years ago

That is horrible wear. Worse I’ve seen ever on a BTTF.
New play fields can not be found. Unobtanium.
That crater in the middle is going to change the ball trajectory. Not sure how even playable the game may be with that hole? I guess that’s one way to make a semi boring game more challenging.
If the play field looks like that the boards and cab can’t be much better.
Hard to estimate anything without seeing the entire pin.

#449 2 years ago

Thanks guys, here is a close up of the worst wear.
Seems like somebody made some attempt to fix something, and put a round mylar over it.
I am thinking of removing the round mylar and putting a self-made decal over the face/shirt area, then cover up with a new mylar.
Worth a try?

Biggest issue is to find a scan, anybody having a scan of the entire pf, or of that area?
Or maybe someone plz could take a good picture of that area so that I can use it to produce the decal?

Thanks

20210523_021340 (resized).jpg20210523_021340 (resized).jpg
#450 2 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

...anybody having a scan of the entire pf, or of that area?
Or maybe someone plz could take a good picture of that area so that I can use it to produce the decal?
[quoted image]

Nobody? Please, I need at least a pic of the area around Doc´s face (as in my pic above)!
I am eager to try to make a decal
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-club-whoa-this-is-heavy/page/9?hl=mighteagle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.