20230528_162511.jpg
20230528_162413.jpg
20230527_195140 (resized).jpg
20230527_195143 (resized).jpg
96D91168-7763-4167-8D57-606DCACBD51F (resized).jpeg
bttf flippers (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_Image 2-26-23 at 9.09 PM (resized).jpg
20230214_200057 (resized).jpg
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just a dirty potentiometer.... (Spray with contact cleaner, work back and forth)
https://www.fender.com/articles/tech-talk/control-crackle-cleaning-your-pots-and-switches-can-help
Also, your ball lock issue sounds like the ball lock switch not registering..

thanks i'll spray it with some deoxit

So I think the ball lock is registering because the pin is changing modes: lights dim, music changes, etc - basically it goes back to the new ball start where you're shooting the skill shot. It just isn't ejecting a ball into the shooter lane.

Thanks for the help.

2 weeks later
#352 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Delorean looks great. How did you mount it?

I cut a thin piece of tin and doubled it over. Bent it to lean the right way then I screwed it to the bottom of the car then the other end to a single post in the back of the game.

4 weeks later
#353 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

You’ll never believe it!
So I adjusted the volume up and down and the problem has gone away... weird and dumb but it worked. So what’s the underlying cause?

Had this same issue if you look at page 5 or 6 of this thread. I took the volume pot assembly cover off and sprayed electronics cleaned and turned the volume pot in both directions and it resolved my issue. Just needs to get the dirt out!

1 week later
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Almost finished with the playfield part of my restoration. Need to add the drop stickers. I added the Delorean made by Welly from Amazon. I also added two spotlights on the right sling.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you please share the link for the Delorean?
Looks excellent I would like to order as well.
Thanks

#355 4 years ago

Any help in the way of touch up paint for my BTTF
Blue area on cabinet?

Does anyone have the color code from a previous match?

Thanks
My machine is on the way!
Very Excited

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Any help in the way of touch up paint for my BTTF
Blue area on cabinet?
Does anyone have the color code from a previous match?
Thanks
My machine is on the way!
Very Excited

He says it may not be exact to factory but matches the decals he purchased

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roads-where-were-going-we-dont-need-roads-bttf-restoration#post-3819160

#357 4 years ago

Thank you very much!
I'll test it and post after.
Very much appreciated.

4 months later
#358 4 years ago

Anyone have a set or know a source to obtain the pop bumper Delorean decals? I can't believe these haven't been reproduced. Please hit me up if you have a set I could buy off you!

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-217

1 week later
#359 4 years ago

ive recreated them in photoshop, sent me a message if you want the files to print them yourself

1 week later
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from MeesterPieter:

ive recreated them in photoshop, sent me a message if you want the files to print them yourself

Got em and think I may have found a printer. Can anyone do me a favor and measure the diameter of the decal on the pop bumper so I know what size to order. Thank you!!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Got em and think I may have found a printer. Can anyone do me a favor and measure the diameter of the decal on the pop bumper so I know what size to order. Thank you!!

Don't know if this helps

20191125_133631.jpg20191125_133631.jpg
#362 4 years ago

It does! Thank you! Ok 3cm in diameter.

3 months later
#363 4 years ago

Restoring my BTTF game. Did anything ever happen with making a reproduction Ramp? I would love one if it can be made. I think it would be a cool deal if the back part of it was made in plastic and the front part could instead be made out of metal kind of like how DE Jurassic Park is built, but idk maybe that's just me.

#364 4 years ago

toyotaboy was working on it, but I don't know if there's been any recent developments. I want a couple of them myself.

1 month later
#365 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

toyotaboy was working on it, but I don't know if there's been any recent developments. I want a couple of them myself.

So not making any promises, but a local supplier agreed to work with me on the ramp.. It's probably going to be a month or two while this coronavirus settles down.

#366 4 years ago

Cool!!!

#367 4 years ago

Don't toy with our emotions!

1 week later
#368 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So not making any promises, but a local supplier agreed to work with me on the ramp.. It's probably going to be a month or two while this coronavirus settles down.

That is awesome to hear. I'm in for one. Stay safe.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

That is awesome to hear. I'm in for one. Would you have a source to add the decals? I haven't seen anywhere that sells them. Stay safe.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My wallet is ready.

1 week later
#371 3 years ago

How do I join the forum? New to the pins, and jumped in the deep end with this bttf pin. Let’s just say it needs tlc.

#372 3 years ago

Get a manual, huge help.

1 week later
#373 3 years ago

please God make the ramp. I'm in for one and want it so bad.

#374 3 years ago

anyone got any advice for the ball constantly hitting the hill valley sign on launch, seems to happen like every 5th ball and never goes up the ramp, im thinking some rubber gaskets on the screws? Any pictures of what youve done would be extremely helpful.

Next question when going up the left side ramp sometimes when the ball gets to the top its going so fast it just launches into the playfield, common?

#375 3 years ago

You need to decrease the angle of the ramp. Try loosening the screws that bold the ramp down to the PF.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

You need to decrease the angle of the ramp. Try loosening the screws that bold the ramp down to the PF.

any screws specifically i should be focused on? looking at it now and other than the entrance to the ramp im not sure what else would cause the the angle change.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from MTPinball:

please God make the ramp. I'm in for one and want it so bad.

toyotaboy is working on it!

1 week later
#378 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

anyone got any advice for the ball constantly hitting the hill valley sign on launch, seems to happen like every 5th ball and never goes up the ramp, im thinking some rubber gaskets on the screws? Any pictures of what youve done would be extremely helpful.
Next question when going up the left side ramp sometimes when the ball gets to the top its going so fast it just launches into the playfield, common?

Bumping this backup up so I loosened the screws at the entrance to the ramp and that seemed to help with the hitting of the signs. However the ball still launches into the he middle of the Playfield when going up the left ramp fast

1 week later
#379 3 years ago

i made some custom coin stickers for my bttf a few years ago

they are in euro so you might need to tweak em, but maybe a nice idea for a mod for some of you

DSC02574 (resized).JPGDSC02574 (resized).JPGmuntlabel (resized).jpgmuntlabel (resized).jpg
2 months later
#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

and last here! Are wondeful in metallic chrome vinyl!
"Back to The Future Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Back%20to%20The%20Future%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg
Back to The Future Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Back%20to%20The%20Future%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

I just wanted to say that I contacted Mikonos and ordered a set of his custom cards, and couldn’t be happier. They look great in my hands and on my machine. Very happy with the purchase!

7676D85C-27F5-4607-8D5F-994A42299F19 (resized).jpeg7676D85C-27F5-4607-8D5F-994A42299F19 (resized).jpeg8CE92FE9-047B-48D5-A63E-7385EB443340 (resized).jpeg8CE92FE9-047B-48D5-A63E-7385EB443340 (resized).jpegAA8D5154-8267-4D4B-8ED0-471E420FBBAE (resized).jpegAA8D5154-8267-4D4B-8ED0-471E420FBBAE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#381 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

toyotaboy is working on it!

I would love to get in on this!

1 week later
#382 3 years ago

Just added BTTF apron cards available for purchase. PM me if interested.

http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/back-to-the-future

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#383 3 years ago

Just picked up nicest one I've ever seen. Fully restored with DeLorean mod and cleared pf.

FB_IMG_1597364813243 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1597364813243 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1597364823236 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1597364823236 (resized).jpg
#384 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Just picked up nicest one I've ever seen. Fully restored with DeLorean mod and cleared pf.

Looks great, I have a similar DeLorean in mine. Grab these for your naked drop targets.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5114-00

2 weeks later
#385 3 years ago

anyone tell me what color shooter spring is supposed to be in this machine?

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

anyone tell me what color shooter spring is supposed to be in this machine?

I think I have a red in mine, but I just bought the assortment and swapped it until I liked the action, it makes it around the ramp nicely on a full plunge but can half plunge to the playfield too.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

1 week later
#387 3 years ago

I just joined the ranks of both a BttF pinball owner AND a pinball machine owner in general. So yes, this is my first ever pin and I am super excited to have it. I think it's a great game, especially for a first time owner. Included in the sale was a Delorean mod that the previous owner never got around to installing. I watched a video on how to do it, and it didn't look super complicated. But I'm starting completely from scratch on everything, so even a simple mod is a bit daunting for me. He also threw in a little plastic Texaco station to include on the playfield. I've seen some pics of others who have included that same piece, and I think it looks pretty cool.

Anyway, happy to be a part of the club!!

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

I just joined the ranks of both a BttF pinball owner AND a pinball machine owner in general. So yes, this is my first ever pin and I am super excited to have it. I think it's a great game, especially for a first time owner. Included in the sale was a Delorean mod that the previous owner never got around to installing. I watched a video on how to do it, and it didn't look super complicated. But I'm starting completely from scratch on everything, so even a simple mod is a bit daunting for me. He also threw in a little plastic Texaco station to include on the playfield. I've seen some pics of others who have included that same piece, and I think it looks pretty cool.
Anyway, happy to be a part of the club!!

Welcome to the club! BTTF was my first pin too, and I agree that it's a very enjoyable game for a 1 pin collection. It was my only pin for about 3 years until I got my second. Now I'm up to 6, and that last one just arrived yesterday. It's an addiction.

But wait, you've been a member here for 7 years and you just got your first pin now? Wow, talk about lurking!

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Welcome to the club! BTTF was my first pin too, and I agree that it's a very enjoyable game for a 1 pin collection. It was my only pin for about 3 years until I got my second. Now I'm up to 6, and that last one just arrived yesterday. It's an addiction.
But wait, you've been a member here for 7 years and you just got your first pin now? Wow, talk about lurking!

Haha. I had completely forgotten, but 7 years ago I convinced myself I was going to buy a pinball machine. I started an account here, created a wishlist, then never came back.

Then when I finally bought my first pin a few days ago, I googled pinball forums and this one came up. When I tried to create an account, it told me I already had one. When I saw my account was 7 years old, I had a good laugh at much time had passed since I first decided I wanted to buy one lol

BTW, I FINALLY had a good run today with Delorean Millions activated. I had always choked when the timer started, but today I hit three consecutive shots on the left ramp. Slowly getting better at this.

#390 3 years ago

Something I'm trying to figure out:

It seems that sometimes, several of the Delorean letters are lit very early in a game, as I'm able to activate the Millions after only a couple of ramp shots. I know that one of the Clock Tower rewards is to light the Delorean Millions, but it's not that. But I can't figure out why sometimes the timer is activated so quickly. Any ideas?

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

Something I'm trying to figure out:
It seems that sometimes, several of the Delorean letters are lit very early in a game, as I'm able to activate the Millions after only a couple of ramp shots. I know that one of the Clock Tower rewards is to light the Delorean Millions, but it's not that. But I can't figure out why sometimes the timer is activated so quickly. Any ideas?

There’s a setting for how many DeLorean letters you have on a new game.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

There’s a setting for how many DeLorean letters you have on a new game.

Hmm, I have it set to factory settings (except for freeplay). And this doesn't happen very often, just every now and then. Probably only three times in the week I've owned it.

I don't know, maybe I'm just going crazy.

#393 3 years ago

Do a switch test see if you have something stuck

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

Hmm, I have it set to factory settings (except for freeplay). And this doesn't happen very often, just every now and then. Probably only three times in the week I've owned it.
I don't know, maybe I'm just going crazy.

Slightly off on my memory of the setting.

E72694A5-5838-4FCB-B405-60DFBF0F2AC4 (resized).jpegE72694A5-5838-4FCB-B405-60DFBF0F2AC4 (resized).jpeg
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

Haha. I had completely forgotten, but 7 years ago I convinced myself I was going to buy a pinball machine. I started an account here, created a wishlist, then never came back.
Then when I finally bought my first pin a few days ago, I googled pinball forums and this one came up. When I tried to create an account, it told me I already had one. When I saw my account was 7 years old, I had a good laugh at much time had passed since I first decided I wanted to buy one lol
BTW, I FINALLY had a good run today with Delorean Millions activated. I had always choked when the timer started, but today I hit three consecutive shots on the left ramp. Slowly getting better at this.

Haha, that’s great! I did something similar, I registered when I first got BTTF, but didn’t start visiting the forum/posting until about 3 years after. Oh well, better late than never.

The key to pinball is making sure the game is leveled and pitched right before trying to master shots. For years my game was pitched high and was damn near hard to hit anything as it was drain monster.

I look forward to seeing what you get next. They tend to multiply!

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

The key to pinball is making sure the game is leveled and pitched right before trying to master shots. For years my game was pitched high and was damn near hard to hit anything as it was drain monster.

How does one know if their game is leveled and pitched correctly?

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from kevster:

How does one know if their game is leveled and pitched correctly?

The game's manual will have that information.

#398 3 years ago

Use the PinGuy app for iPhone. Place it on the playfield, not the glass. BTTF is either 6 or 6.5 degrees pitch.

#399 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys.

#400 3 years ago

Anyone looking for an Alpha Numeric display. Just pulled mine out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-520-5030-00-or-d-11232-display#post-5919954

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-club-whoa-this-is-heavy/page/8?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.